Jaz Mirabel Club
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Nabq Bay
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Mirabel Beach(Nabq Bay)
Steigenberger Alcazar(Nabq Bay)
Zouara Hotel(Nabq Bay)
  • Pool
All reviewsjaz mirabelwater slidesfussy eateranimation teambeach shoesamazing holidaysharmpoolswaitersbarmanalcoholdiving
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed for a week from 25th September.
The food was outstanding, lots to choose from, beautifully cooked.
Very clean hotel. The staff were the best we have ever encountered, having travelled for over 30 years and been lucky enough to stay in over 150 resorts.
On a slight down side the rooms are slightly dated, and the evening entertainment is poor, with the exception of the Russian twins who were very good indeed - minor snags only.
We were so pleased we intend to return next March.

1  Thank HAC1979
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Before leaving on holiday I made the fateful error of reading the negative reviews of the hotel, despite them being in the massive minority. Thankfully, my experience was of a wonderfully staffed, clean, efficient, and extremely friendly hotel.

The rooms are spacious, the shower is practically a room in itself, and there is plenty of storage. My room was on the first floor overlooking the pool and was peaceful whenever I needed it to be - the complex seemed to be virtually silent after 11pm.

Food is pretty good as far as all-inclusives go - themed every night and extremely varied. They have chicken and chips if that's what you are hoping to find after you fly five and a half hours to a different culture in Africa. If you want to explore more of the Egyptian style of cooking, then there's plenty of that too. Regarding complaints about the food being bland or cooked differently, I also travelled to Cairo and Luxor on my holiday and in both these cities the style of food and cooking was almost identical. It's Egyptian cooking. In Egypt.

The staff were superb and nothing was too much. However, do note that Egypt has a culture of tipping. If you don't tip, you won't get as good service as those that do tip. Ten Egyptian pounds is about a pound sterling, so spreading a few notes about each day doesn't break the bank and you end up being treated like a king. My tip would be to tip big on your first day - especially your room cleaner, the barmen where you are going to spend most of your time, and the towel guy (Ali is brilliant) - and then tip gently and often through the rest of your stay.

I suffered for a couple of days with Egypt belly - I blame it partially on the food. Not the way it was cooked, but just that I ate so much of it. I stupidly waited two days before going to the pharmacy (not the one in the hotel. Leave the hotel, turn left and about 100 yards on the left...a bit cheaper than the one on site) and suffered more than I needed to. £13 sterling and I was given a cocktail of drugs that stopped everything within a couple of hours and I awoke the next day feeling amazing. If you get Egypt belly, I'd say go straight to the pharmacy and get it sorted immediately.

At this hotel, if there is anything you need don't be afraid to ask nicely at reception and they will usually accommodate. If you want a full tea/coffee tray in your room you will be charged, but if you just want a kettle they'll bring one to your room. Same goes for plug adaptors.

Tip well, smile, relax, and enjoy...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank JustinDorset
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Jaz Mirabel Club from the 4th to the 14th September 2012. We paid just over £500 each for 10 nights, all inclusive. We flew with Easyjet. Our room number was 4206.

The Room - The rooms were massive with a large double bed, tv, lots of wardrobe space, a safe and the 'life saving' air con. (I've never been to this area of the world before and the heat was a incredible). The bathrooms were modern and clean with a large shower area. I can't complain about anything to do with the rooms, they were cleaned every day and on most of the days the cleaners left towel art on our beds. Something to bare in mind though, the mini bar in your room is full of tempting refreshments when it gets too hot in the middle of the night, but before going to bed just go to the bar and ask for free bottled water and stick it in there, it'll save you a small fortune. We had a balcony on our room which gave you a nice view of the rest of the resort and that was clean too.

The Food. - This is where I had to lower my rating on this hotel. At breakfast you get the choice of ''full english'', mini pancakes, pastries, cereal, different breads and other things which is fine - remember that pigs aren't eaten in Egypt due to muslim beliefs, so expect beef sausages and chicken sausages - I didn't even try the chicken, if you'd seen them, you would understand. Lunch and dinner was where the hotel let itself down. The food was bland, repetitive and, frankly, nothing special. I stuck to rice, fish and pasta for the majority of the holiday. The service was okay, although the waiter generally ignored me and spoke to my boyfriend about seating and drinks. To be honest, he was really irritating, literally every 2 minutes coming back and asking us if we needed any drinks or anything else, even though we'd just sat down. We just wanted to eat in peace. We ventured down the road to MacDonalds one night. We weren't expecting much, but we were very surprised. We also used the snack bar for lunch once we were fed up of the restaurant food. They do fresh pizzas and burgers and chips. They were delicious!

The Entertainment. - The entertainment was so bad. Every night the 2/3 acts that were on, obviously circled round the entire complex. There was one lady singer who sung the same songs all the time, there were two girls who sung (badly) and then a lady and a man, who sund even worse. The good acts were when karaoke was on and the drunken visitors all got up and had a good time, they also did quizzes and games. Unfortunately the fun ones weren't on every night.

The Spa - Extortionate prices but well worth it. We had a coconut scrub and a shiatsu massage which was amazing. It all lasted about and 1 1/2 hours and it cost us £70 each. We both felt so relaxed afterwards.

Location - I think it was a really good location in terms of the private beach, it's not far from the shops and the hustle and bustle of the market, however when we arrived in Sharm airport we were excluded from our group and put on a separate bus, because our hotel was so out of the way to any of the other hotels. I was really scared at this point, we weren't even told properly why we were put separately. But obviously they wouldn't just shove you on any old bus. - That's more to do with the company we booked with though, not the hotel.

The Resort - The resort itself was lovely!! The swimming pools were clean. The poolside was clean. There are so many sun beds. There's a area with water slides, however make sure you lift your feet up when you fly off the end. The bottom pool is not deep enough for the speed that you go down those slides and I scraped my leg and so did my boyfriend. The lobby was sparkling clean and the bars were really good. The barmen were really nice but they wouldn't go out of their way to do anything extraordinary for you. On some nights they had even run out of some juices so I couldn't have the cocktails I wanted. There are about 10 to 15 shops down some stairs if you go through the 'Beach' hotel, they have lots of souvenirs, bags, cigarette and suncream but don't buy anything straight away, ask for prices and then walk down the road and bargin them down. It's worth it. There are two walkways down to the private beach. The first time we walked there it was only my boyfriend and I and one of the security guards pointed us down an alley way to get there. There was nothing to worry about however, it was the most unpleasant scene you could imagine. He'd sent us down the path behind the hotel, where there were over 100 bags of rubbish and litter everywhere, the smell was awful and all the staff were just sitting there smoking and staring at us as we walked by. The second time we walked to the beach we walked with holiday friends through the 'Park' hotel. It was beautiful. You can definitely tell the difference in quality between 'Club' and 'Park' by taking this route. The beach was clean with plenty of sun beds. I know there has been a lot of people saying about the mean camel man on the beach but we kept out of his way and he kept out of ours. Snorkelling in a must on the beach but be careful of the spikey sea urchins, apparently they hurt when you fall on one, ask my boyfriend!! Apart from that we saw an octopus, eels, so many fish, hermits and so much more!! If you stay in 'Club' go and check out the bar in 'Park'! The bar men were lovely and much happier. It's also much nicer looking in there. If you go to the disco, get drunk at the free bars first. It says it is open at 11 with free drinks and then you pay for drinks after 12, but they don'tactually start serving till 12!! That was annoying.

Overall, we spent 5 full days at the hotel and then 5 days out on excursions. Our holiday was fantastic, the hotel was good, the food was rubbish. I wouldn't pay more than what we did pay to go!! I don't think it's worth anymore. But at the end of the day it's what you make of it!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 1st or 2nd floor. The ground floor patio doors open right on to the open poolside. You wouldn't get much privacy.
2  Thank Cath A
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just got back from Jaz Mirabel club Resort. We had a fantastic time. Service was great, rooms were great and the food was good.We had no problems at all. Staff were very friendly and the pool area was clean. There were not tea making facilities in the rooms but you can get a kettle free of charge if you ask. Fab holiday will definatly be going back to this Hotel. :)

Room Tip: Ask for pool view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank fporteous
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just back from Jaz Mirabel Club though not as plush in the reception areas as the beach and park hotels the rooms are all of a similar good standard, hotel was only about a third full but staff, food, pool, rooms and pool were all great, had a very relaxing time would definately go back again.

3  Thank firebobby44