“Such an amazing holiday!!!”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nabq Bay
Jaz Mirabel Park
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Such an amazing holiday!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have just arrived home from a 14 day holiday in the Jaz Mirabel Park. The hotel itself is clean and well looked after, with amazing grounds! I won't talk about the size and lay out of the rooms as they have been extensively covered in other reviews. However they are kept exceptionally clean and the towel art is amazing.
The food is lovely and if you get a chance to visit the Asian or Lebanese al a carte restaurants, the food there is absolutely fabulous. We travelled with first choice and the bar is 24 hr all inclusive which was a lovely surprise. Also the Italian restaurant serves pizza and fries from 12 am - 4 am, these are also free of charge for Thomson and First Choice customers. The pizza's there are well worth a try.
What makes this hotel amazing is the staff. The animation team are funny and water aerobics is fun. Just ask them to do the dance at the end. The Mumba it is hilarious. The staff in the Flooka restaurant are all friendly and clear your table promptly. However it was the staff at the bar who made the biggest impact on us. I would especially like to mention Mohammed and Mostafa, who made sure we were rarely without a drink and always kept us supplied with crisps and peanuts. They even made us special cocktails. Some of them rather strong haha!
If you get a chance, take a walk down to the beach and walk along the pier. Yes it is gated but easy to clamber around. It is well worth going along to see the fish. Also take the snorkling trip to Tiran Island. We went with Jasmine tours on the VIP trip. Have to say they are amazing. Alex and the crew are lovely. There was not enough time for my husband and daughter to to try scuba diving from the boat, as they decided last minute. This was not a problem though as Alex made sure he took them on a beach dive another day. He really went above and beyond for us. So give them a go.
We ventured out of the hotel quite a few times. Didn't experience much hassle from the shop keepers at all. The were very friendly and if you said no thank you they left you alone. The same applied when we visited the old market.
I would strongly recommend this hotel and Sharm for a holiday.

3 Thank Helen L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Manchester
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Absolutely love this hotel! My second visit here an I've not once been disappointed. The nicest people I have ever come across in my life, they can't do enough for you and always have a smile on there faces! The food was nice and the rooms were immaculate, we couldn't help but want to tip EVERYONE as they're that helpful and friendly. Amazing miss the place already!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kellyscho
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Jaz Mirabel review

First time in Sharm el Sheikh and booked this holiday (Jaz Mirabel Park) after reading other reviews.
Travelled with my wife and 2 kids end of June for 2 weeks.
My overall impression when we first arrived was great, service at check in was efficient and we were given directions on how to get to our room, were our luggage would be taken for us.
Must admit a bit wary about leaving luggage, but no issues there and a £5 tip made the porter happy enough.
For Egypt, the vendors will take any money you have- euros, dollars sterling etc..
Just remember to haggle, £12 for my boys football tops.
There is also a market outside , quicker to leave through the Club reception though.
All inclusive for 2 weeks, you get x2 visits to the restaurants and there are x4 to choose from, x3 if a family as x1 is for couples only.
We tried the Italian and the Asian.
Both were great, my Calzone Pizza came out looking like an oversized Cornish Pastie, which raised a few laughs but tasted great.
You must book the Asian restaurant which is absolutely fabulous, so book as soon as you arrive as the slots fill up pretty quickly.
Head over to the Beach hotel reception area, at your left is a touchscreen and away you go.
The main ala carte restaurant is again week stocked and with a huge variety of different dishes and different theme nights, the chefs also cook pasta dishes to your liking and if you cannot find anything suitable to eat, then you must be the fussiest person imaginable!
Pool- no major issues with sun beds, and you get x1 towel per person (cards used for this)
The Park pool is busier and you can also use the Club pool, which we preferred as it had a gentle slope into the pool, great for kids.
The slides are great for the kids, although my 6 year old was never off them for the first 4-5 days and then went back periodically. They are open 10-12 2-30-5
The beach is a 5 minute walk up past the slides and through the Beach hotel.
There are three hotels
Park- orange band
Club- blue band
Beach- Brown band
You will not get served any drinks or food in the Beach, but can use the pools if you like
You can use the Bar and snack bar on the beach though
The beach itself is full of coral, so bring or buy beach shoes, flip flops no good for paddling.
The start of the pier is blocked off as the end of the pier is not finished yet, we walked all the way up in the water to the end of the pier and snorkelled over the coral reef and up to the wreck ( not for the faint hearted) but once over there, the view underwater is amazing.
Lastly - entertainment and drinks
Drinks are fine and as you would expect in all inclusive although sometimes there is a difference between measures and who is serving you.
Bit if advice if you tip the waiters early, you will never have to go to the bar to get a drink. We gave them £10 and this done the job.
Entertainment is ok, if you expect the same as Spain, etc.... With the big shows and extravaganza then you will be dissapointed
However they have lots of local acts, dancers, magicians, singers etc.. And make of it what you may.
never dropped below 40 during the day and 35-37 at night
Did the sea scope which cost £106 for four of us, fantastic underwater views, highly recommend you try that.
Lastly wifi you get 150mb free
Then we paid €30 euros for 1mb which done us fine
Late check out was 12-6 and cost €50
Regards, and hope you enjoy the resort

6 Thank James G
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My partner and I have travelled the world normally long haul but this year fancied a change and chose to go to Egypt, we booked with First Choice for 2 weeks all inclusive departing on 24th May 2014. Firstly, I will say do not travel on a Thomson plane if you require leg room - they cram you in like sardines these days, I am not exactly tall at 5ft 3" and the guy in front insisted on reclining his chair and sleeping so I was wedged in with my knees digging into the back of his chair - I will not be going on another one of these flights! Awful!

The getting through the airport was easy and First Choice had reps all over pointing out the way to the coaches, just be aware some of the local taxi drivers are aware of this and stand shouting the names of the travel agents in the hope of getting you in the car, if they are not in uniform just keep on walking. The transfer was in an air conditioned bus and was comfortable, we arrived at the hotel within 25-30 minutes, as the hotel is made of two parts there was only one stop and only us checking in - result!

First impressions of the hotel were that it was rather quiet but it looked very grand, we were checked in with ease and taken to our room by a kind of golf buggy which I nearly fell out of as he was driving it as though it was stolen! As our plane was slightly delayed they put on a late evening meal for us over in the Jaz Mirabel Beach main restaurant, it wasn't much but we just wanted to go to bed after a long day of travelling.

The next day we woke up to take in the resort, it looked beautiful. It was lined with trees and flowers, we had a room which looked over the pool bar and to the left was the main hotel reception, spa and waterslides area.

Our room - Was large and well equipped, it had a mini-bar which was chargeable and tea and coffee making facilities, plenty of hangers in the wardrobe, a free to use safe, ice cold air conditioning, there was a very large wet floor shower (just don't flush the toilet when using it!), two bathrobes and plenty of towels included. The pool area has lots of activities going on throughout the day and plays very loud music so if you are planning on doing what we did and going back for an afternoon (whatever the Egyptian equivalent is) siesta don't think sleep will come easy if you are a light sleeper! The balcony was lovely and caught the sun all afternoon. The main downside of the room was the cleaner - he was very intrusive and if he knew we were in he would knock on the door several times a day - offering us drinks, offering to clean when it was already done, trying to give us things like immodium and shampoo that other guests had left behind - he even barged in to clean (we aren't the most forward of people to tell him to get lost) when I was in bed poorly, pointing to me and exclaiming "she sleep?" on the day of our departure he hung around us like an iron filing to a magnet hoping for a tip, which he begrudgingly on my part received, he then thrust an envelope, paper and pen at us and asked to write a letter saying how great he was and hand it in at reception - I was uneasy about this.

The restaurant - Was varied and even I, a fussy vegetarian (borderline vegan) found something healthy and tasty to eat everyday, the pasta station was my favourite as the chef made it just how I wanted it everytime! The bread, however, tastes like sugar. Toast tastes like a desert. I ate from the 'spicy corner' 4 days into our holiday and woke up at 2am with crippling stomach pains - the dreaded Egyptian tummy! This was me for the next 2 days, unable to leave my room and more specifically the bathroom - I blamed the food or the ice in my drinks but I suppose it could have been the doorhandles as many touch them...take plenty of alcohol hand gel with you!
The drinks in the restaurant are self serve with wine, beer and soft drinks all available on tap, albeit in small glasses, the waiters are quite friendly in the restaurant.
We ate at the Italian a la carte restaurant which was fantastic although we didn't quite manage the 6 courses on offer, we also chose the Chinese a al carte which was not a patch on the Italian, they offered no vegetarian option and I got given a plate of steamed vegetables and some plain, boiled noodles - you know its not great when you have to go to the buffet afterwards! You get one a la carte per week, there are a few more to choose from but choose wisely!

The bars - Really hit and miss this one, the pool bar boys were fantastic and couldn't have been more helpful, they knew what we drank from day one and everytime they saw us they were friendly, cheerful and polite - couldn't ask for more! The pizzas in the pool are are pretty amazing too. The main lobby bar was ok but very quiet, many people choose to sit outside as that is where the entertainment is but this is childrens entertainment and as we were a couple travelling alone it seemed silly to sit watching them do the Hokey Cokey for 2 hours after dinner but if you went out later then you could rarely get a seat. The staff here were my main problem, some of them were spot on and others never spoke a word to me, because i'm female? perhaps! They had no problem talking to my partner and taking my drinks requests from him but if I was sat alone I rarely got asked if I would like a drink unlike the males or groups of single females.
My main gripe about the bar was the children - now I love children, however, the parents seemed to buy every child a really strong laser pen (presumably from the market onsite) the amount of times we and other couples were complaining about being caught in the eye with the green laser was unbelievable yet the hotel doesn't seem to do anything about it. They will end up blinding someone one day - this would be my strongest argument for not returning.

The pools - We only really used one pool, it was clean and very well kept with plenty of sun loungers and a towel hut so no need to take your own. On the first few days the towel boys will try reserve you beds for a tip and also the sales people for the spa will try sell you things - they get bored of this after they see you go brown and know you aren't interested.

The spa - Is wonderful, it has the largest jacuzzi I have ever seen - its a full sized swimming pool with bubbles! The sauna and steam room are great too. Its a great place to lie down and relax in silent bliss. The treatments are quite expensive but we did a deal at the side of the pool for four massages (two each) all different on different days. I have to say as nice as the staff was and as nice as the massage was they were all the same! Thai, healing, classic and deep tissue were all identical so I aren't sure what level of massage they are qualified in but I wasn't impressed with a £200GBP bill to show for it.

The beach - The food at the beach bar is poor and the drinks are served in very small paper cups but hey with a view like that who am I to complain, the sea is crystal clear and goes out about a mile at knee height, you can walk along the jetty which goes out the where the reef drops (about a mile) which is a lovely walk although there is a sign telling you not to and you need to scale some railings to do it, everyone else was doing it so I thought what the hell - the security never stopped anyone. It was a beautiful view from down there and if you take some bread and throw a little in you will see unbelievable fish!

The market - Is ok although as expected the sellers are a little pushy. Just a no thank you and walk on will suffice - do NOT walk into their shop with no intentions of buying, you'll be in there all day!

The weather - Didn't miss a beat, in fact some days it was too hot at 45 degrees but the air-con did the trick in the room!

The internet - We run a small business and require constant internet access for two weeks we ended up spending £90 on internet. The cost is £30 for 1gb - not ideal if you need it for work purposes.

In all I would recommend the hotel to families but I myself wouldn't return, maybe because I like to try somewhere different or maybe because there were too many negatives to call it a 'great' holiday. It was a relaxing break but could have been so much better.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank littlepoppy
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We arrived at jaz park on the 23rd June for 10 days and what an amazing holiday we had :) I have not one negative thing to say about jaz park everyone and everything was just amazing. This was my 3rd visit and can not wait to go back next year. First the rooms were always very clean and tired and very lovely man that made different animals on our bed every day also we were lucky enough to have our room right near the pool which was great for the children.The Restaurant the staff were great especially the manger he is a lovely man and always happy to help. Food good always a different range every lunch and evening. I would say what made are holiday was the Animation staff and the pool side staff. I would like to give a special shout out to Amin,thomas and Hisham for looking after us around the pool every day they do an amazing job and they are always happy and smiling, nothing is ever to much trouble for them. vedoo and Kano from Jaz park and shelky from jaz beach were just so great at what they do everyday. My children loved doing water polo,darts,table tennis and water aerobics every day.... We have only been back a week and we already wish we were back there. Made some amazing and special friends there and cant wait to see you all again in 2015!

Room Tip: If you have small children I would recommend a room on the ground floor, which you can request.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Tanya19792014
Staffs Moorlands
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed at this hotel from 30th June for two weeks. Having read some other reviews, particularly those rated "excellent", it's obvious that the experience is different for everyone. We all have different expectations after all.
Travelled with two teenage kids 13 and 16 years. On arrival, check in and ride to room on a golf buggy was fine. Pleased with the room overall. Free safe and some soft drinks and found the rooms to be clean and spacious. (Upper floor overlooking the pool). Patio door didn't lock properly but that wasn't an issue. Bathroom was a good size and wet room type shower which worked fine. The air conditioning had been left on, making it lovely and cool in the 40 degree outside heat.
Throughout the holiday, the room was kept clean by staff, with towel art on occasions to add the finishing touch.
The July weather was amazing for the whole two weeks. Temps around 45.

Generally the outlook on arrival was good. The 'average' rating for this review is based on the fact that there was a mixture of things that we found annoying and others that were pleasing.

The bad stuff first.....Typical examples...
This hotel is slightly remote from the 'commercial' part of the resort. 20 minute walk or 5 minute taxi ride. No real problem but can be tedious when done often.
The size of the coral reef down at the beach is such that the snorkelling, which we were looking forward to was impractical. The extremely long jetty leading out over the coral is not finished at the end and thus gated off at the beach end. This sends mixed messages to guests as to whether they should or shouldn't go along it in the first place, particularly when you have to climb over or around the gate. There is a security guard in a chair by the gate who will however help you to climb round the gate to access the jetty!!! Confused??? Furthermore the breaking waves onto the coral at the end of the jetty were quite rough and not suitable snorkelling for kids at all. Come on Mirabel, either finish the jetty or close the piggin thing!!
Whilst the pool area at the hotel was attractive, plastic glasses for serving drinks is understandable. However there is no way that you can ensure hygiene standards if the plastic glasses are not disposable. Glasses were re used supposedly after being washed. Found to be dirty more than once.
The Flooka Restaurant. Not 5 or even 4 star. Set out like a refectory with little atmosphere or organisation it was a free for all with people jostling for position at the serveries. Not helped by having an international clientele who's approach to manners and queuing varied considerably. The food, whilst plentiful became bland and repetitive throughout the stay. God bless 'Hard Rock Café' in Nabq.
Staff service was 'hit and miss' to say the least. I can only repeat other reviewers saying that some staff were motivated more by the 'tipping' culture than by customer service.
Evening entertainment for us was good for the first part namely local dancing, singers and a man who spun round a lot. After that had finished it was down to a DJ to play music for the rest of the evening. (Take a pack of cards for those quieter moments)
Get up early for sun beds folks or they'll be gone. Some of the beds were broken, having screws/bolts missing and suffered sudden collapse of the head end.

Some good stuff thank heavens.
Public areas, particularly the garden areas, reception, bars were generally lovely and clean.
Air con in the room was left on all the time due to a small room card remaining in the electric control.
Free safe in room.
Water slides were great fun but busy.
Don't dismiss the Spa immediately. Wife and daughter had chocolate massages which were very much enjoyed apparently. 2 female masseurs.
Although the Animation activities are not my cup of tea, they seemed popular and well run.
The people who circulated the pool, selling services within the hotel were polite and receptive to a polite 'no thank you'.
The beach area was a pleasant and quieter change from the main hotel pool area. Drinks, bars and toilets were always available and clean and tidy.
As the snorkelling at Nabq wan difficult, we grabbed a taxi to Sharks Bay where Seleem the driver, took us to the public beach area. Snorkelling was brilliant there for adults and kids alike. Loads of beautiful fish to swim with. No big waves and only a short jetty to take you beyond the coral. There are free toilets but sun beds are available at a small charge. There are some small restaurants and shops available. Very friendly people and even went down to the beach in a lift.

A mixed review in all hence the rating. Special mention to finish to staff at the hotel who sometimes against the odds went the extra mile to please and to serve (irrespective of tips).
Ibrahim and Sharif in the Flooka Restaurant and waiters Islam (Mazag Bar) and Zeseouse (Oasis Pool Bar). Big Sameh (Reception) who always had a smile and Ehab at El Ninos (Italian Restaurant) Apologies for the spelling if wrong guys.

Overall for us, too mixed a review to warrant the star rating it has and unfortunately would stop us from returning as we have stayed at much more consistent hotels. Many thanks though.

Room Tip: A/C Units are roof mounted thus can cause noise nuisance to upper floor rooms. Alternatively upper...
4 Thank Ken H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2014

First holiday with my girlfriend and the hotel was fantastic. Great service and great weather. Facilities were excellent and a 5 minute walk to the beach.

Mena and Bahaa at the Bar provided great service all holiday. Both are fantastic
The housekeeper Essam is fantastic as well. One of the best I've ever come across keeping the room exceptionally clean and very helpful.

Only slight negative was that the food around the pool was very basic and buffet was disappointing. The WIFI is advertised as free however you are only given a small amount before you have to pay for more and you cannot access wifi in your room.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor allow easy access to the pool and bar area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence
Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence
#31 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#15 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Jaz Mirabel Beach
Jaz Mirabel Beach
#24 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay

Been to Jaz Mirabel Park? Share your experiences!