“Yet another great holiday”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nabq Bay
Jaz Mirabel Park
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Yet another great holiday”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is the fifth time we have been at the Jaz Mirabel Park, and it gets better each year. great staff, food, in particular Amir the chef, I am Coeliac,(allergic to wheat) and when I explained that to the head chef Amir I was given first class treatment, pancakes and toast if I wished, and also if there was nothing I could have from the buffet he would make it for me, I have never been treated as well as this before and I would like to thank him for his kindness. The bar staff were also excellent, filling glasses as soon as empty, well done Jaz Mirabel Park, look forward to going again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ellie0202

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
birmingham
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Our 4th visit here and just as good,every thing spoton,some old faces still here and they remembered us,1 cleaner said hello do you remember me from I said ?? last year you were in room 5116 & I was your cleaner !! WELL.Wednesday is fish day and we spoke to the chef and he arranged to do fresh sea bass for us and it was beautiful.Thanks to ALL staff for a wonderful holiday yet again to many to mention, but I must mention Ali George Deskey in main bar but every one is great in their own way from gardeners to managers.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ediBirmingham
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2014

thanks goodness we ignored the negative reviews of this hotel when we booked the holiday......because we have returned today from two fantastic weeks in this brilliant hotel.

we have read some further negative comments since our return & feel the need to tell you all how it really is....it honestly feels as if some reviewers have been to a different hotel,or would not be happy if there was nothing to moan about.

we can not single out one individual for praise - as every member of staff was courteous,polite & incredibly helpful.there was no expectation of tipping from anyone - we chose to tip occasionally during the two weeks & tipped on the day we left - many staff even said they didn't want a tip & all were extremely grateful.

we met many of the hotels senior management team,we talked with most reception staff & general managers,we had brilliant relationships with our waiters,pool staff,cleaners & bar staff - every single person made us feel like were were the most important guests in the world.it was gill's birthday during our stay & she was made to feel like a queen for the day,with dances & cakes throughout the day & we went back to a beautifully decorated room in the evening.

the bar staff,pool staff & waiting staff could not do enough for us - all they wanted in return was a smile & a thank you.

every meal in the two weeks,either in the restaurant or the pool bar,or the a la carte restaurants,was of an exceptional standard - we never had the same food twice & every meal was wonderful.

we had two cocktail receptions during our stay & we were waited on with excellent drinks - one of these days saw the wettest day in egypt for many a year - all the staff were concerned about was ensuring that we were happy - even during torrential rain for 12 hours,all staff were exemplary.the weather for every other day of our holiday was excellent.

we saw no signs of any mess in any area - it was a very clean hotel.

words really can not explain what a fantastic time we both had. the hotel is great,the staff made our holiday a brilliant one.

if you are looking for a relaxing & enjoyable holiday,with excellent staff & food, please ignore the negative reviews,& only take notice of the many more complimentary ones.

thank you to everyone at the jaz mirabel park - we had a fantastic time.

gill henson & duncan ashwell 21st march 2014

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank DuncanAshwell
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

What a fab holiday we just had at jaz mirabelle park.great food.great staff, all very friendly, head chef Amir was outstanding, giving us special deserts every day.Samie head of service was also great, and around the poolThomas always put towels out on beds for us and Mohommed always fetched us our drinks it was bliss.The hotel was excellent five star all the way the grounds and pools were great and well maintianed, will be going back

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank charles f
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A little late in my review as I stayed here early January 2014. The hotel itself was clean and the staff were generally good. Food although a bit dull was always edible and I never left a restaurant unhappy. The A La carts were good but the big thing I enjoyed was that food was cooked to order at the snack bars. Always nice but the service was dependent on the waiter.

The negatives were expensive slow internet and the jetty at the hotel has been closed for a long time and really needs to get sorted.

Had a couple of great trips and really enjoyed my time at this hotel and for me it was good enough that I would go back

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Scunnyinplym
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I had high expectations of this hotel due to the rave reviews, and I wasn't disappointed. The grounds are perfect, the room was huge, a double room with balcony and another room with two singles. Great for the three of us. Lovely views of the mountains and pool area which was usually peaceful and quiet, no loud music or party games!!

The hotel food was very fresh and tasty, if not a little repetitive, as any All Inc. buffet usually is.

The spirits beers and cocktails were all of high quality and bottles of real Coke, sprite etc were used as mixers. We learnt as the week progressed that tipping is a must if you want any sort of table drinks service, but go to the bars and you will be served quickly. After about three days of wondering why we were never served, I asked a waiter in the restaurant for a drinks order and he said " they're over there", bit rude I thought, but they are very intent on giving great service their big tippers. A tip at the end of the week just doesn't work here, a downpayment daily tip is a must! We ended up getting our own which was not a great hardship.

The beach is a 10 minute walk through the grounds of the Jaz Beach hotel. Loads of sunbeds available and nearby loo, bar and snack bar. We spent a lot of time snorkelling from the beach. The water is up to waist deep, warm and clear. It is much deeper further out, with a wreck to explore, but I was happy in the shallows. We saw really amazing fish which was a bonus. I would always wear beach shoes in the water although there were no nasties to stand on that we saw.

There are four visitors you will get on the beach. The diving school, the spa staff, Ladies selling bracelets and the camel man. If you don't want what they're selling a simple NO thanks sends them on their way. We got chatting to the camel man and he was great company, a former soldier who speaks 4 languages. One of the most interesting people I met in Sharm. If you're looking for non-camel transport, The taxi guys on the main road will always shout over to ask if you want a lift. Don't be shy, have a chat with them, ask how much, offer them half and agree a price. They're good folk. We were so grateful when one whizzed up to us when got caught in a massive downpour, he drove through all the floodwater to get us back to the hotel.

One issue we did encounter was probably our own lack of experience in Sharm, but just be aware. My son left a tenner on his bedside table after changing for a swim, and it was gone when we got back, Some of the room staff are tipped daily, and they have got used to the idea that any money left in the room theirs for the taking. We realised that a similar thing had happenend earlier in the week too. Note to self: be tidy with cash

Another oops was accepting an appointment from the people selling beauty treatments around the pool. I was shown a book of lovely gel art manicures and pedicures and booked an appointment for £20 each. However I got to the appointment to find its not in the hotel spa but in one of shops in the Jaz Beach complex. The beautician turned out to be the barber who does nothing more than a basic file and polish with cheapo nail varnish. Needless to say I wasn't happy, and soon knocked the price down.

Some folk will be worried about visiting Sharm. I can only say that we found it a very safe and friendly place to visit and it was sad to see the hotels quite underbooked... although good for us to spread out and no queues!! The hotel had security on every entrance and exit, including the beach, and there are road checks on the main roads in and out of the city.

I wouldn't hesitate to go again.

Room Tip: All rooms are around the pool and in pleasant gardens.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank BlameCain
United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as part of Thomson's cruise and stay package last April, but due to only just starting to use T.A I've not reviewed them until now.
I was very impressed by this hotel and it came as a surprise because i picked it on the basis it was the cheapest one on the list. Imagine my surprise then that for the price I paid, every day the room would be cleaned, fresh towels were provided, we would come back to some towel swan or similar on the bed. There was no additional charge for aircon or the safe, and the bathroom & shower was brilliant. The room was large and looked recently decorated.
Even though the room overlooked the pool I did not hear any noise (maybe due to the over consumption of wine!), and we had a nice balcony, not that I got much chance to use it.
The food was mostly Buffett style but it offered a good selection and some dishes cooked to order if you were okay to wait a few minutes. We were given a free 3 course meal in one of the on site restaurants of our choice which made a nice surprise. The house wine tasted fine although the cocktails were a little slow to be delivered to the table, but no major issue - it wasn't like I was in a rush to be anywhere.
The staff were all friendly and almost over eager to please - I don't think I was able to carry anything myself for the duration of our stay as someone was always on hand and insistent on carrying bags, plates, glasses etc.
The pool area was clean, the beach was clean and the whole place made me want to go back.
I would not hesitate at all in recommending this hotel, especially through Thomson as their reps were always around to help and looked after us. Some of our excursions had to be cancelled last minute due to the conflict happening as we were out there but we were able to book new outings away from the desert and were refunded those we missed without question.
One of my best holiday experiences.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 31 in Nabq Bay
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Jaz Mirabel Park? Share your experiences!