“A Week To Remember”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nabq Bay
Jaz Mirabel Park
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A Week To Remember”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I have often used TripAdvisor before booking any holiday, however this is the first time I have written a review - mainly down to how impressed I was with this hotel. Although by no means is this hotel badly reviewed, I would certainly go as far as to say there are certainly some over critical opinions. But instead of combatting the specifics of these, I will just provide my own analysis.

HOTEL:

The hotel itself is 1 of 3 hotels all within the same grounds. You are free to walk in and out of the other grounds as you please and even use some of the others services if you are an 'All-Inclusive' guest. You will most definitely walk around the Mirabel Park and Mirabel Beach with the feel as though you are in a 5* hotel. The third hotel - The Mirabel Club - would be more of a budget option and this is even identified by that it doesn't share the same grand entrance of the other two.

There is a spa and gym in which you can freely walk in and use at your desire. The steam room and Jacuzzi is free to come and go, and you can also opt to pay for any of the massages. I myself did not so I cant comment on the quality of them, although what I will say is the quality of the spa itself is strikingly impressive.

The Pool area excels and we was always able to find a nicely located sun bed no matter what time we set out. There are 2 pools on the Mirabel Park resort. 1 being more for relaxation and the other for games i.e Water Polo (Great Fun!), Water Aerobics etc. These are divided by the beach bar which serve the same drinks as all the other bars and also food throughout the day too which is all part of the All-Inclusive package. There are some water slides located in the corner with its own separate small pool. Initially I was concerned it may produce a lot of noise with regards to children, however this was not realised as the hotel has strict times on when it is open. Both in doing this - and its location -it creates no disturbance at all.

ROOM:

The room was fantastic. A very spacious room with high ceilings, a huge bed, and modern decor. The bathroom was well sized with a walk in shower to match. Most importantly cleanliness was top notch and all the furniture and fixings were top quality. All rooms have a balcony also. We were very lucky as to get one of the four large ones. These aren't any extra its just the design of the building grants some extra balcony space for some rooms. That said all of the balconies were of a decent size and a good place to enjoy the weather with the benefit of shade.

FOOD:

Perhaps the most negatively reviewed part of the hotel is its restaurants - a common thing amongst a lot of Egypt's hotels I have to say. I myself found the food - presented as a buffet - to be of a good standard and there was always something to make a large meal out of. In general they would have all forms of meat with the exception of pork and also supply multiple vegetarian options. Everything I ate was well cooked and prepared and I was really happy with the range on offer. What I will grant is that all the food was fairly standard, but it has to be realised that it is a buffet style and it is supposed to cater for everyone. I would go as far to suggest that anyone that can not make a meal out of whats on offer is being way too specific.

Of course you can also go to one of the A La Carte Restaurants on site. These do not form part of your all inclusive package, however you do get a free visit for your room so by all means try one of them at least once. I myself did not and was more than happy to stay with the main buffet.

SERVICE:

The service was my favourite part of this hotel. Every member of staff would assist as much as possible, whether it be room service, bar staff, waiters, cleaners etc I always got the feeling that I was well looked after. There is a tipping culture in Egypt and it can sometimes be off putting however in this hotel not one member of staff asked me for a tip. That said I did find myself tipping often, not because it was an obligation but more because its what the service deserved. Also note if you give a tip it doesn't go to that one member of staff it goes in a collection which is distributed to all of them. A special recognition to Mahmoud in the restaurant who looked after us all week and would literally take offence if me or my girlfriend stood up to get a drink.

SUMMARY:

If your looking for a premium hotel for a good price you can not far wrong with the Jaz Mirabel Park. In all aspects it is top notch and I can guarantee you would have a good holiday if you were to go there. Suitable for all parties ranging from friends, couples, young people, old people and families, this is an amazing hotel for everyone.

Enjoy your holiday.

Thank you, Mark E.

A FEW TIPS:

- Insect repellent is a must for when you are sunbathing.
- Remember if you go out the hotel that 99% of people are only helping you for money and even if they say its free it is not. For example if someone offers you a free camel ride, just keep on walking else you will end up paying over the odds.
- If you need something then just ask reception straight away. They are well mannered and will do anything to help you enjoy your stay.
- If you plan on exchanging money your best bet is to wait until you get to Egypt. There are multiple HSBC's scattered around that will give you a much better rate than you will get from any UK based exchange. Although generally you can just pay in English currency.

Room Tip: Just set your conditions and they will oblige
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank 12evolution34

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Our firt time to Egypt and was unsure what to expect. Smooth arrival through the airport....though do not get ripped off by taxi drivers (as we did!!!) should not pay anymore than £13 (british) to the Jaz mirabel complex.

Upon arrival at hotel we received a friendly welcome with cocktail and speedy service to get us to our room.

The rooms are spacious and very clean, lovely walk in showers and 2 single beds seperated by door for the children.

Restaurant caters for all eating needs, never had a bad meal and my husband always went up for 2nd's. Buffet was always well presented and staff ready to help.
All precautions for cleanliness was taken care of ....including hand sanitizing gel dispensers.

Entertainment was perfect just enough for a young family, the animation team were perfect with our child (Zikko, Usher and Yanna) always attentive and fun. Zikko needs practice at water polo haha!!!

Cocktails, beer and juice excellent.
Will definately be going back again!!!! thank you

3 Thank Walesiefamily
nottinghamshire
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Just got back from another 2 week stay at the Jaz Mirabel Park hotel.This is our 3rd holiday at this hotel. Three seperate families were in our party, with 3 children in total aged 11, 5 & 2 years.

Another great holiday, although the animation team do there best the entertainment programme was very poor this year, last year was a lot better, i'm sure the hotel are aware of this, and will be working on this in the future.

Although there are many places to explore during the evenings, Soho Square is a 20 minute taxi ride from the hotel, which offers many shops, ice skating rink, bowling, resturants, shows,ice bar, cinema,musical waterfalls, hassle free shopping, newly build with lots of marble and bronze statues.Worth a visit !

The Bus Stop bar at the La Strada shopping area is an excellent place to call in the evening, turn left out of the hotel and its a 15 minute walk away or 5 mins in a taxi. The bar has music, ipad's so that you can access the internet free! playstation 3, xbox 360, pool table, football table and also darts, excellent for the young teens.

The staff at this hotel work around the clock, many working 12 hour shifts to make your stay as comfortable as possible, for a monthly wage that most of us wouldn't do a days work for. But they are always friendly, happy and helpful. I find it very irritating that people complain about every little issue, not knowing the consequences that this makes for staff working at the hotel. It may be nothing but could see someone having to find another job, as simple as that !!! Yeah we pay a lot for our hard earned holidays but just think where most of the money goes to, not to the hotel staff !!

The Oasis beach bar is excellent for snacks and food during the day, the staff there are very busy but make you feel very welcome and at home, a big hello to all the hard working guys there!!!

Main resturant has a wide range of food available during the day, again the staff service is excellent.

Specialiity resturants are ok, nothing spectactular and menu's could do with updating with more choice, also a children's option because the kids don't usually want to eat the food on offer. But again you can't knock the service!

Overall another excellent holiday, would like to return again before the end of the year, i feel that over the last 3 years visiting the hotel that we have made some good friends with staff that reconize us year after year, and to be fair that is one of the main reasons we return to this hotel, because of the hotel staff, they work very hard and are always happy and have a good sense of humour

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask

4 Thank mazNottinghamshire
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This was our first time in Egypt. We stayed for 1 week. There were 3 adults (women) and my son who is about to turn 4 years old.

The flight outbound & inbound was superb and the service on the flight exceptional. We travelled with Thomsons. We got through the airport in Egypt with no problems and arrived at our hotel at around 9pm. The entrance to the hotel was very impressive the colourful water fountain was delightful and we were not disappointed on entering the hotel lobby. We were dealt with efficiently at Reception our bags taken straight to our room and left outside our door. Meanwhile we were advised the restaurant would close shortly and were asked if we would like something to eat. We ate in the buffet restaurant and went straight to our rooms.

Rooms - I stayed in a family room - very large with a partition for privacy twin beds at both ends it was spacious & clean room. Loved the shower in the bathroom (huge walk in one)
My mum had a double room to herself with a huge balacony, it was lovely.

Food - The buffet restaurant & the Pool bar served freshly prepared food daily and none of us were poorly at any point due to the food...Although I think any longer than 1 week/10 days you may get bored with the food options. We did order in a Mc D's to the hotel on one evening that made a nice change. We opted to use one of our vouchers for the Italian restaurant on site...The soup was lovely but our mains were disgusting so we didn't return to any of the a la carte.

Staff - They could not do anymore for you if they tried. Polite and helpful at all times. Housekeeper did a fantastic job with our rooms and the towel decorations were simply lovely.

Facilities - There are many ammenities within the hotel complex we shopped many times and reccomend shop no. 32 & 36 especially. Tell them Cat said HI! We also used the on site spa on numerous occassions throughout our stay. The body scrub at the start was fantastic and my mum especially enjoyed the facial and pedicure.
For nail decoration or hair use the Hair Salon at the shopping complex next to Mirabel Beach.
The Dive Centre on the beach was great for excursions and my sister went paragliding whilst I went on a glass bottom boat trip with my son. (Better value than Thomsons were offering) My mum and sister did the dessert experience trip through Thomsons and said it was amazing! We all went to SOHO town I would not book through thomsons we assumed we were paying extra for the rep to guide us NOT SO... better off getting a taxi! The ice bar is great to see but at £13 per head not the cheapest and the town itself is lovely we got 2 hours which wasn't long enough really.

Kids Club - Fantastic Kids club my son went in daily and enjoyed every session just a shame they don't have longer sessions 2 hours a day wasn't enough for him.

Entertainment - very poor the daily activities were poor only once did someone come round inviting us. There was no focus on children day or night therefore a few drinks and bed for me most nights.... didn't spoil the hol as I was there for the sunshine but could have been better. (Apparently the team are to be replaced on July 1st?)

Weather - NO COMPLAINTS it was sooo hot high 30's into 40's this did make my son a tad poorly on a couple of the days but the rooms had fantastic air con!

Overall the holiday was better than I expected and hoped for. Only a few quibbles, one being the entertainment, the other a rude receptionist who didn't seem to believe the problems I was having with WI-FI card eventually I gave up persuing it.
We had a major problem whilst there with pools being closed due to individuals feeling the need to open there bowels in them! This was not the hotels fault and they closed the pools to clean them but I was dissapointed the manager didn't intervine and stop the individual from using the facilities on one day they moved from the big pool which was closed into the slide pool where they decided to do IT again! Disgusting! Apparently as the child was over 5 they couldn't enforce anything??

Tips -
Take pound coins for tips especially at airport & porters at hotel etc...
HSBC cash Point/Bank on site in shopping area
Request your mini bar to be emptied and fill with your own items
Give Pool attendant some money and he will put your towels out daily and save your sunbeds :)
The guy on the beach with the camel was happy for you to take pics etc without asking for money (don't believe everything you hear)
Use Dive Centre on beach for excursions (cheaper than Thomsons and excellent service)

I would return to Egypt as there are many things I would still like to do and see.

Last but not least - Enjoy your holiday.....I did

Room Tip: We were in block 5 floor 2..perfect for small ones
5 Thank cat831
england
Reviewed June 25, 2011

the whole complex is amazing. the staff and the managers were very friendly and helpful.the service was great all round. we cant wait to return very soon. beautiful. entertainment day and night was very good as well. no complaints at all. superb. thankyou very much.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great.
2 Thank cleopatra008
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Fantastic holiday once again at the Jaz Mirabel Park now my 3rd time back to the same hotel!!! Brilliant service in all the restaurants and bars. You are made to feel very welcome in the resort the friendly staff are outstanding and always willing to help!!
Rooms are spacious large enough for a family of 4 seperated by a door for the children to have their own sleeping area. Rooms are kept clean on a daily basis and to add a lovely surprise to your return home from the pool all day towels made into a flower for example left on your bed with flower petals, lovely touch to making you feel extra special!!! I love this hotel hence why I ave stayed here over 3 times I would recommend to families, couples or even singles wanting a relaxed friendly and lively atmosphere in the evening.
I will be returning again in August for another memorable stay.

2 Thank Kelly_dunne
Stortford UK
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have just arrived back today from a 9 day stay at the Mirabel Park.
The grounds are very well kept and extremely clean and tidy and there is always a cleaner ensuring that the grounds are clean and tidy.

We had a family room which for a couple is more than enough and the rooms are clean and looked after by the maids really well.
Large swimming pools and a great kids slides and not a far walk through the sister hotel to the beach which is a nice stroll!

My main issue with this hotel is the food, every morning you have the options of omlettes toast, yoghurts etc and at lunch rice, beef or chicken and potatoes and vegetables and the dinner is the same as lunch.

After being there 4 days i was very ill after eating just an omlette for breakfast and this has continued since i have got home. After talking to other people on holiday there everyone seemed to be coming down with the same bug and horrible stomach cramps. People complained to Reps but nothing seemed to be done. I made sure that i only stuck to bread and potatoes whilst there and used anti bac hand gel constanstly and still was very ill. As other people were also taken ill at the hotel it can only be the food that caused this problem and from looking at it the pool bar is an open snack bar with birds flying in and out of the bar and pecking at the food and the pizza dough which then after everyone eating it, I can only suspect it was the dough or the eggs that made me ill.

It really is a shame as the hotel is very clean, People very friendly and a nice area but after you spend all this money on your holiday you expect the food to be of a good standard and do not expect to be ill.

I wont be going back to be honest which is a shame and if they could sort out the hygiene around the food and do different lunches to dinners i would suggest going there but as it stands as of now i wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 31 in Nabq Bay
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Jaz Mirabel Park? Share your experiences!