“Sleeping under the Sahara stars”

Egypt Western Desert Tours - Day Tour
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Bawiti
More attraction details
Owner description: We come from one of the oldest Bedouin families who support us with all the secrets of the ancient and historical Western Desert, helping us to remain one of the most famous & experienced tour guides along the desert roads! We have the best equipment and supplies allowing us to cover your needs whatever they are. We have the best teams that co-operate with each other to give you the best quality and most complete service. With us you will enjoy some of the freshest, healthiest and most delicious food cooked over the fire. You will love it!
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sleeping under the Sahara stars”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Initially I was a little dubious about a trip to the desert when it was suggested- how interesting can a lot of rocks be? It turned out to be the best thing we did in Egypt. As a group of four women- part of meryermtorun's group- Loly and Mahmoud were completely respectful and polite (not always the case with men in Egypt unfortunately!). As well as the fantastic food (I can vouch for the chicken), there was thrilling drives up the sand-dunes rivalling a roller-coaster ride, beautiful eerie scenery in the white desert, sparkling oasis springs and climbing towering monolithic stacks of black volcanic rocks... and of course, the wheeling stars at night. Yes, the desert can be uncomfortable and the first night was surprisingly cold but Loly and Mahmoud provided an incredibly comfortable and attentive service. We had far more 5 star treatment in the desert than at any of the hotels we stayed in! The price was the lowest any company quoted us and was within the budget of even us broke backpackers :) (£75 for three days and two nights). Sadly, due to the current political troubles in Egypt, people seem reluctant to go into the desert- strange considering it was by far safer than any big city- and the loss in tourism was clearly impacting on the oasis community. Selfishly, it did mean that we often had the desert entirely to ourselves, in stark contrast to the hordes of tourists we were fighting through in Luxor and Alexandria for example. On the last night, all singing around the camp-fire with Bedouin music ans delicious bonfire tea, I was regretting not booking five nights and throwing a camel trek into the bargain. Thanks again guys!

Visited February 2013
5 Thank EyesOfAthena

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Istanbul, Turkey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Immensely enjoyable tour of the desert!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We took this tour as a group of 4 girls, for 2 nights and 3 days - and it was absolutely amazing. I think the desert is a must-see for anyone going to Egypt, it's a completely unique experience. The best part is camping there at night, sleeping under the stars and sitting around the campfire. The desert is also great to wander around (there is a lot more to it than just sand) and 3 days doesn't really seem enough.
Loly was a great guide, and Mahmoud cooked us some delicious food, including what may be the tastiest grilled chicken I've ever had!
I highly recommend it to all!

Visited February 2013
4 Thank meryemtorun
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing adventure through the desert with loly expedition”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I spent one of the most beautiful trips ever,thanks to the best organisation ever. This trip and organisation deserves only the best,so I'm giving to them 5stars and ill recommend it always,and if ill have a luck,ill repeat it! These 3days and 2 nights were organised great,we had time for everything,for exploring,walking,dancing in the desert,it was really nice experience dance in Bedouin style,eat under the moon,wait for the desert fox in the dark....our team had excellent driver Ham ada,with him we were singing all the time,we were very cheerful company,thanks to Lily we had a really romantic light lunch under the palm tree,first time I've got my appetite. I have to mention,time when we came to white desert,place where they put our tents,second part of organisation waited for us with tents,tee,fruits,and in a few ours with delicious food(and I've got appetite again)a liked rice and potato's and grilled chicken the most,and now I can feel this spices in my mouth.....mmmmmm....so,I can only be grateful for this nice opportunity,thanks to Loly,his driver,main cook-chief,people responsible for the tent,excellent food,music,feeling,Camilla blanket,breakfast which was better than in some hotel....and thank for a lot of tee ;) next time we are somewhere in the desert with loly again,for sure!!!!

3 Thank ahhas
Cairo, Egypt
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A great New Year's day in the White Desert”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

On the occasion of the arrival of a few friends (who used the opportunity of me living in Cairo), I decided to give them a memorable New Year's Eve in a desert. After analysing several offers I opted for Egypt Western Desert Tours (which are known as "Loly tours" by its owner and head guide Loly). Loly has regularly responded to all my e-mails (I wanted to avoid any unpleasant surprises because I heard different stories about trip to the desert, so I was sometimes really checking the details but Loly patiently answered all my questions and even send pictures of jeeps to convince me in their quality :)). I believe that a great time we had in the desert is certainly credited in large part to Loly, with its impeccable organization (and again he managed to throw in all our ad hoc special wishes). I also have to mention Hamada – Lolys co-worker (who was driving second jeep), who (as an experienced driver and mechanic) looked after our jeeps during the whole journey, making it pleasant and without need to change the tire (which I heard is common for trips into the desert). Thanks to Loly and Hamada, and their assistants/colleagues that helped them with organizing tents and other (like meals and music and dancing), we had great fun. They even prepared a special surprise for us for dinner - which left us speechless when they dug out of the sand a lamb roast in foil. I could write a smallish novel with impressions from our 3 days desert tour, and a large part of it would be about great time and fun we had due to the excellent relations between us and our guides - Loly and Hamada. Final conclusion of all my friends was that they were impressed by the desert much more than with pyramids and other sights of Egypt (even with Luxor). For me it was special to see moon rising somewhat after 8 pm and late in the night illuminated all desert – it was beautiful. As a conclusion I can say that our desert tour was wonderful because of the beautiful desert as well as because of our guides from Egypt Western Desert Tours, who have become our friends (and we will seriously consider their offer to visit them again :).

Visited January 2013
2 Thank MarinaCB_HR
italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE AMAZING WHITE DESERT IN ALL THE WORLD”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

we spent amazing 5 days baharyia oasis and siwa we played with the cars 4x4 and sandy boarding and we eating amazing foods by Bedouin cooking and in all our trip we have wonderful and amazing desert tour guide with his clever team called LOLY he have a good experience about how to handling camping trip .relay i felling very nice in this place ,and all the world must visit it.

Visited August 2012