Western Desert Tours - Day Tour
Review Highlights
Unforgettable desert tour

Unforgettable experience in Desert ! Western desert tours well organized everything which make... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
8858xiang
via mobile
Egypt's Western Desert, a hidden gem

I decided to contact Khaled based on positive reviews found online. All communication was made via... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
adventravels

Recommended experiences in and around Bawiti
from $200.00
from $47.40
from $80.00
More Info
All reviews western desert tours crystal mountain his team sand dunes these guys longer tour one night bahariya oasis bedouin tent highlight of our trip first night the entire trip sand boarding cold spring toilet paper delicious lunch stone age
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2019

You are looking for adventure in a beautiful nature, you get it. You want delicious food you get it. You are looking for a very nice experienced guide with a
great team Khaled has all this. Really fantastic. Hopefully we can repeat this experience.

Date of experience: August 2019
3  Thank BTL2009
Reviewed September 5, 2019

We booked the 2-day "Crystal Mountain" tour directly through their website.

Khaled responded very friendly, very quickly and reliably. All the information we needed was there, no questions left unanswered. The promised pick-up at our hotel in Cairo was super convenient and perfectly on time.

After a few hours driving we arrived at Khaled's beautiful garden in Bahariyya where we were welcomed by Khaled. Here we could relax a bit in the cool shade and were treated with amazing home-made lunch and tea - perfect.

After that our next stop was the black desert. Hundreds of volcanic mountains / hills that produced all the black rock and dust that's strewn across the whole area. We climbed one mountain, as well. The view was stunning but the heat was almost a bit too much :)

Traveling further south, our next destination was the crystal mountain. A range of limestone mountains that are covered in fossilized sea shells and - that's where the name comes from - alabaster and silica that was produced when the heat of the volcanic activity (from the black desert area) hit the limestone formation. Absolutely gorgeus.

And finally, we arrived at the white desert. Eerie, surreal, serene, beautiful. Thousands of snow-white limestone rocks that have been eroded by sand and wind into the weirdest shapes. You could walk around this huuuuuge area for weeks and find something new every minute. We stopped by a few to take some pictures - including the "Mushroom and Chicken" rock, of course. :)

Just before sunset, Mahmut and Hamud set up the Bedouin tent, got a fire going and started cooking in just a few minutes while my wife and me enjoyed the sunset in the peaceful, silent area.

I especially liked that they took real care as to collect every single piece of trash so that nothing will be left after our departure. Having seen other Egyptians handling trash, I was expecting the worst - but I was very, very happy regarding this.

The food was just the perfect icing on this already awesome day. Everything was freshly cooked on this evening.

I have no words to describe the night sky. You should just get there and have a look yourself :)

All in all, this was one of the best tours / experiences we've ever had. Khaled and his team are friendly and helpful - and the white desert is an absolutely unique and stunning place.

Date of experience: September 2019
2  Thank defaude
Reviewed August 20, 2019

My husband and I did the overnight tour to the white desert with Khaled. It was just an amazing experience. We were a little nervous given travel advisories but all that dissipated when we met up with Khaled (he arranged transport from Cairo) and had a supreme lunch at his house (we need the eggplant recipe!)

What's truly remarkable is how knowledgeable he is and how much he cares. He carefully gave descriptions of all the areas and took us to his favorite places. Nothing beat sitting around a fire at night or sleeping under camel hair blankets at night. It was memorable and truly special.

The army came to check our camp site permissions but Khaled know the officer and it's clear he is experienced and knows what is permissible. We also camped with several other groups that night which was also comforting.

You should go and use this operation!!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed July 28, 2019

My friend and I have been desert tour for 2 day 1 night. And It is so amazing for me. Mr Khalid and his team are professional and They are the best!!!!. They took care us so well and gave us an unforgettable experience. If you are worry about safety, I can guarantee you that It is so safe with Mr. Khalid, we are all women and nothing harm us.
The price is already include everything, Pick up from your place to his home for change car to desert. When you get his lovely home, you will enjoy the delicious Egyptian food from his wife. I really love eggplants that he served :) , Comfortable place to sleep and yummy food at desert with star. He is so skillful and knowledge. You can enjoy the view with stories from him. You can feel passionate of desert from him, learn to love nature and your home. He is also respond and take care desert (his home) so well.
Thank you so much for everything. we love sand board, rock stories, your great food, music while we are on the way, you bring the best experience to us. If I have chance to go there, Sure I will back to desert with great tour like you again.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 14, 2019

Khaled and his team from Western Desert Tours are really exceptional!

They provided me with an unforgettable experience on the highest level of quality and service that definitely exceeded all my expectations. I'm so glad I did this tour with them and I will definitely come back. It is not only worth every Cent, but also absolutely safe, even for solo travelers/girls and families.

I had booked the 3-days/2-nights Magic Spring tour in the end of June 2019 including a pick-up from and return to Cairo and everything was just perfect, from the first contact via email, to the pick-up and return, the welcome and goodbye meal at his house in the oasis, the shower after the tour, the all-inclusive meals (so unbelievably delicious!) and drinks (ice-cold water, Cola and very good tea) as well as the service on the tour, the cozy tent, the very good equipment, his perfect driving skills, the many stories, laughs, information, sightseeings and so much more...

He and his team are doing these tours since many years and you can really tell that they are not only experienced professionals, but also passionate desert lovers. He cares a lot for this environment, despite many others in this region who don't, and we never left anything else behind than footsteps in the sand, which I really highly appreciated.

I can only fully recommend Western Desert Tours and Khaled. Don't just follow the typical tourist route to the Pyramids and the many other well known places, temples and tombs along the Nile...Egypt has so much more to offer, since the Nile region is only 5% of the land and the western desert region covers two thirds of Egypt!

Definitely come to this place in the desert as well and you will not only meet some of the funniest and kind-hearted people in the world, but also see and experience things, that not many people have been lucky to see before: real natural wonders in one of the harshest and yet most beautiful environments on earth, a desert with so many faces that it changes completely every few kilometers, sleeping under a night sky with such a clear milky way band that you just stare at it with open mouth and want to skip sleeping and just count the millions of (shooting) stars, and so much more including, if you're lucky, the desert fox. :)

I will definitely come back for one of the extended tours they offer. So thanks again Khaled and hope to see you again soon!

P.S. I did not add any pictures, as I don't want to spoil anything of this exceptional beautiful place. Just go there and let it overwhelm you. You can thank me later. ;) And in case you ask yourself what to wear and bring: it was more than 40°C during the day and around 30°C in the night. In the winter it gets colder, but in the summer you don't need warm clothes for the night. Apart from that bring a headlight and a good camera for the milky way pictures!

Date of experience: June 2019