“Best thing in Egypt”

40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Best thing in Egypt”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Wow! That pretty much sums up my experience with this tour. Khaled Kandeel and his team was just fantastic. Our guide Mahmoud and our driver were just the best tour guides, really helpful, informative, friendly and had a good sense of humour. We were a group of 5 camping for 1 night in the desert and we really didn't expect the above and beyond service they gave us. Lunch in the middle of the desert was by far the best meal I ate on our entire trip through Egypt including those at 4/5 star restaurants and the experience of sleeping under the stars was undescribable-I am more of a 3-5star hotel traveller and camping is not something I'll usually do for any reason but I would do this again in a heartbeat, it beat every other experience I had in Egypt! If you go in winter take warm clothes because it gets cold but our guides made sure we had enough blankets and warmth and are prepared for everything. Between 5 people we only took along 3 backpacks and those just had jackets, emergency meds and toilet paper-everything else is provided. I can't recommend this enough!

2 Thank RobZ6

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An excellent experience - a must do!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

If you think of making a trip to the western desert, Khaled and his team is the best crew to do with.
I have organized a meditation tour with my friends and we were a group of 10.
Before arriving, Khaled has answered hunderds of questions with a great patience and he has informed me so well before starting the trip.
Still, I was worried of sleeping in the middle of the desert and safety of the group.
After spending amazing 5 days with Khaled and his crew, I realized that I have never had any moment of insecurity and was one of a kind experience of my life.

Being in the middle of nothingness with such open, trustworthy and warm hearted Bedouin people, Khaled and his team, was an amazing experience. The food was incredibly delicious and they cooked fresh food for us for every meal. I think I've never eaten this fresh fruit salad in 5 star hotels with such desert view and complete silence.

They know the desert so well and they took us to secret places of the desert which you cannot see with other tours. Every night we had the camp in different locations and since we do not know anything of the desert, we were OK with camping anywhere. But Khaled and his is team are honest and so dedicated to their work that they tried to find the best spot for us and drove further in the desert just to give the perfect experience. This is something that not many tours offer and I think this is priceless.
They are very friendly and well informed of anything and answer any question in mind with open heart.

I will definetalty visit the desert again for a longer time and with definetaly with the same crew.
Words can not describe such an experience. I can 100% reccomend this team as the organizor of a tour.

2 Thank ridakira
Istanbul, Turkey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mr.Khaled and his gorgeous team..”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

As soon as we arrived the meeting point we have been wellcomed with delicious food and lovely faces. Before going to camp point they drived us to the middle of the desertto see around with full confidence in our heart to them. Every morning when we sat our breakfast table settled in front of wonderfull view, a bowl full of mix fruits was in front of us, many different jams, cheese, tea, milk, coffee, nutella,tahin(crushed sesame oil/jam) etc was on the table. At nights what can I say, they cooked lots of delicious foods. You can feel their beautifull heart to make us comfortable and you can see their afford to make us pleased during our meditaion tour. they were so polite, hospitable,sympathetic,generous,intelligent, calm, skillful persons:) I thank you for everything Khaled, Gensy, Rida and so on...

1 Thank berna66
İstanbul
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgettable Experience”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Amazing atmosphere, amazing foods and amazing people. We went for meditation on 12.12.12 and ıt was the most wonderful time of my life. We stayed 3 nights, Khaled and his team organized every single detail for us. First of all, I really enjoyed every single meal from breakfast to supper. They cook bedouın food which was delicious. You almost forget that you are in the middle of the desert. There is no chance that you stay hungry. They are also very friendly and well informed. We were 11, and we all get sad when we left the desert.
They all have really good 4x4 driving skills so we relaxed and enjoyed the road.
Desert itself is wonderful but khaled and the team makes this twice wonderful. If you want some space and turn inward desert is the place you look for. Sleeping under the stars and silence is restful. Besides, desert is really safe there is nothing to worry about. I even did not see a bug or something. There is only fox but Khaled and the team know how to make it escape. However, it is also harmless.
I really recommend the experience.

1 Thank Gozdegb
Cairo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Awesome" doesn't fully describe it...”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had the amazing opportunity to go on a three-day/two night camping trip to the the part of the Western desert that includes the black and white deserts and the wonders in between. What an awesome experience!!! Khaled and his team made this an unforgettable experience. We were a large group, 18 people, with ages ranging from one-and-a-half to 55! not a simple group to cater to. All the trasnpsortaino arrangement were flawless, we were each picked up at our residences in Cairo and transported to Bahariya where we had a very nice lunch and where we all started the adventure on 4x4 vehicles. We had 4 vehicles whic accomodated all of us comfortably and off we went! Khaled and his crew had it all under control, they all have AMAZING 4x4 driving skills, know the desert like the palm of their hands and eventhough we went on a holiday weekend, we always felt like we were the only ones there. They provided all the food which was masterfully prepared fresh on the spot. We all enjoyed delicious and plentiful meals, they have it all so perfectlyplanned that no one went either hungry nor thirsty! They picked amazing spots to set camp and in a matter of minutes, while the kids were sand-boarding and the adults were marveling at the scenery around us they skilfully set up camp to include dining area and kitchen! what an amazing experience to be dining under the stars and then enjoying a delicious cup of "chai" and soulful beduoin music by the fire. waking up to flawless rolling sand dunes with nothing but a few tracks of desert foxes and lizards, a golden sun and fresh air is undescribable! of course, needless to say, be the time us early risers were out enjoying a morning stroll, our amazing cook already had the fire going and working on breakfast! Moving on to the white desert , another day of amazing 4x4 driving going down dunes that felt like 90 degree-roller coaster fun was incredible and marveling in the amazing scenery of "chalk" mounds and the thought that it used to all an ocean in incredible, and to have that thought and wonder disrupted by a slow-paced happy looking herd of wild camels was just "perfect".

The desert itself is an awesome awesome AWESOME natural wonder, but Khaled and his team made the whole experience unforgettable! If you are thinking of a trip to the desert, these are the guys to do it with. I will DEFINITELY do this again!

Visited October 2012