“Basic hotel, okay for a night.”
Review of Palm Valley Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bawiti
Palm Valley Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Bawiti
Australia
“Basic hotel, okay for a night.”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed here for only one two nights thankfully, the hotel is quite far from town so not a good option if you don't have private transport. The lobby looks nice but the grounds are overgrown and unkept. The reason I chose this hotel was because Zahi Hawass recommended it and I wanted to see the room he stays in, so at least I fulfilled my wish.
The hotel appeared to be virtually empty except for the lobby where staff watched the satellite TV with a couple of other male guests but it was always tuned to arabic channels..
My room was spacious, right next door to Zahi's suite. It had dated wrought iron furniture and the bathroom was very old and really needs updating. My room was quiet and although the linen was clean, the room was dusty maybe because it was not very busy?
The breakfast was typical Egyptian – fuul, salad, boiled eggs, bread etc the service was poor in the restaurant. I ate one evening meal here as it was included in my package, it was a huge serve but lots of meat - bbq chicken, steak, kofta etc and I had asked for vegetarian! I did enjoy the lentil soup, the salad breads and dip, however I was very sick that evening??
My room had a small old TV which only had two local channels both in Arabic. There is internet connection in the lobby, they will give you the cable to connect to your laptop.
The worst part of my stay was being bitten alive by mosquitoes in my room, they are silent assasins !!! make sure you bring a spray for your room as well as for your body.
This hotel is alright for a night but personally I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Zahi Hawass suite is Number 1.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Nefertari

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were a group of 5 families went to this hotel through our travel agent "Select Egypt".
While doing the check in, some of our kids went over the roof of the receiption, and we heared a very load voice from a man saying that he is the owner and we are not welcome in "His" hotel and he ordered his employee to cancel our reservation.
Actually I visited many and many hotels in Egypt, Europe, and USA but this is the first time in my life to face this situation and see a hotel kick-out some guests with a previous reservation.

The travel agent "Select Egypt" decided to do a complain aganest this hotel and to mark it in their site as "NOT RECOMMENDED".

Finally, we moved with our bus to "Sand Rose" hotel, which is very nice, simple, clean, and quit hotel. It's more than enough for two nights before we started our two days safari and camping in the wight desert , which was unforgetable trip full of activities. Visit "Select Egypt" site to see the full program.

Room Tip: Another Hotel ;)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Wael189

Travelers are raving about these Bawiti hotels