See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2017

I had a 7th floor room with a wide view across the city. It's a modern hotel with some interesting twists in designs. Staff was great. Breakfast included an omelet which helped make the typical ecuadorian blah bread more palatable. Room was nice and clean, nice bathroom, very interesting layout of the bathtub...facing a large window but a nice view!!! One problem I had with the room is the silly 3-legged chairs, I was always tipping over whenever I tried to get up or sit down. They need to get rid of them. I'm sure they've heard this MANY times. Also, secured parking was available though my car got pinned in by another car in front of me and I couldn't get out.

Room tip: May be better if not on the side above the clubs
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2017

The hotel itself is a very nice place. The premium rooms are comfortable and the view of Chimborazo Volcano is truly astonishing. The restaurant service is good, but the front desk service is awful! When I walked in to the hotel, there was nobody in the front desk and since the restaurant is right next to it, a waiter rushed to welcome us and tried to help with the check-in. Some time later the receptionist arrived and she didn't even greet me. She was rude all through the process and did not offer help with the luggage, did not tell us were the elevator was. She just seemed annoyed by our presence. Would recommend it, but the service was terrible and there are many other places to go to in Riobamba.

Room tip: Get the premium rooms, they have a better view and less noise.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

Rooms were decent size, however not sure how well they were actually cleaned. Sheets were dirty and bugs were in room. Walls are paper thin and you can hear music from rooftop and outside noise 24/7. Wifi didn't work half the time. Breakfast was good.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2016

We have used this hotel for over 25 years and it is terrific. The owner and staff are friendly, helpful and accommodating. They bend over backwards to welcome you. Newly remodeled, the hotel, restaurant, etc. are clean and comfortable with a warm and inviting atmosphere. Zeus offers a great breakfast and other meals but is also conveniently located within easy walking distance to a variety of other good restaurants with local shopping and parks only a $1 taxi ride away. Definitely recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2016

Zeus is the highest building in Riobamba so far. Has about 10 floors. We ahd been visiting Riobamba and using his Hotel for the last 6+ years and we been there around maybe 7 times. The food is very good for the price, the breakfasts also v good. Service very warm although making a reservation by email could be quite time consuming as they dont reconfirm reservations. In all for the rates they have we think this is best bet for Riobamba and also location is great to just be dowtown close to everything by walking distance. Railroad, Parks. Riobamba though has quite a lot of smog sometimes downtown.

Room tip: Try getting rooms on side with View to Chimborazo. Ask desk about it. Great early morning spectacular highest andes mountain views.
Date of stay: December 2015