See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

The hotel caught my attention while I was passing by. I was very disappointed because of the previous hotel I was, but I walked in, saw the rooms, checked the Wi-if and decided to switch hotels. It was all right. The rooms are quiet and the beds soft, hot water was available. The internet was fine and I had no further complaints about it. I stayed over for 4 nights and I had no problems.
The only criticism I’d made was the breakfast hours. They have a agreement with a small cafeteria in the corner, but if you wish to have breakfast earlier, you’d probably have to ask as a favor to serve you earlier.
Other than that, no problems.
I’d come back to the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

The place itself in a beautiful antique house. The bedroom was clean and the sleep was silent and cosy. However, I do have to point that we had issues with communication with the Hostel. First of all a month ago the person who booked us in was told that we would need a very early breakfast so we can catch the train. On the day of our arrival there was confusion as to put reservations for our rooms (a Mr. Herrera took the reservations and breakfast orders and somehow out information was lost and they nearly didn't know who we were. Thankfully this was sorted). No breakfast however! as the evening worker told us "I am sorry I am just the evening man, I don't know'. So where is the communication between workers and client's requests? This disappointed us as we paid for the full works and our breakfast was lost. They need to work on keeping track of people and their requests.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2017

This hotel is charming, clean, and located in the heart of the city only two blocks away from the central square. Staff was lovely and flexible. Our group needed an early breakfast and the staff found a way to provide it.

Room tip: The rooms facing the street are larger but might be a little noisy because the hotel is situated on a busy street. My room was quiet.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2015

I see this place has picked up a few negative reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel while I was there. OK, the rooms are fairly modest, but the single room I was given was spotlessly clean, and the bed was very comfortable, as was the sofa alongside it. Also, there was plenty of hot water in the shower (you have to be patient, the hot water takes a few minutes to come through). The hotel also benefits from being located in the city's attractive colonial area which is near the several squares that make Riobamba a pleasant place to stop en-route to Cuenca or Quito. If I were in Riobamba again, I wouldn't hesistate to call in at this hotel for another good night's sleep.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2015 via mobile

Refurbished old home with central courtyard and rooms upstairs around the courtyard. Nice and quiet tho we were there when it was low season. Place was clean and hot water for showers was plentiful. $39 for two with all races included. They have us a big room enough for 4 since there were so few people so we could spread out our luggage. Close to nice part of the city. Walking distance about 4-5 blocks to train. Not so close to bus station going north. All taxi rides anywhere are $1.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple