All reviewsone nightmain buildingdevil's nose trainlovely groundspool roomcatch the trainnoisy dogsovernight stayen routelog firenice bathroombuffet breakfastbreadcomfortable bedshaciendaecuadoroutskirts
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night, hotel room was good and beds were comfortable, although it was a little chille in the room in the evening. TV in room, but as you would expect the majority of channels were in Spanish. The food at the hotel was very good and a lovely fire place. There is also a computer room with internet and a games room with a pool table. There is not a lot to do in the area, so really a stop off before travelling on to Cuenca. We wanted to do the devil train journey, but the main part was under construction at the time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2010

The very pretty hotel reminded me of a hacienda we'd visited earlier in the day, with its Spanish colonial style of architecture and beautifully landscaped grounds. The room was large and the bathroom was enormous (including both a spacious shower and a large tub). Be aware that there is no heating in the room, however. The thick walls and blankets provided do help keep one comfortable at 63-degree temperatures.

The breakfast was good and did include one's choice of eggs.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Nice place for a overnight halt. Staff were very helpful and the room was nice and comfortable. Got what I expected

Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Unfortunately the weather was too awful for us to really enjoy this hotel! We arrived wet and cold and a fire was immediately lit in our spacious and comfortable room. Dinner was superb! The next morning we were up incredibly early to catch the train. I asked the waiter for some marmalade - a few minutes later he appeared with a spectaular omlette which I felt obliged to eat! It was a pity that we didn't have longer to linger here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrishYorkUK
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Nice, big rooms, beautiful working fireplaces - in the room and everywhere else. Nice bar and restaurant. Amazing grounds, feels more like a resort. Taxi to Riobamba is only $2. The only thing that made me a little concern about it: I forgot my watch in the room on the night stand, two hours later, when we left the hotel and went to the Nariz de Diablo I found that I forgot my watch. I asked our tour guide to contact the hotel, she said yes, but did not do any attempts. We staid in this hotel only because it was included in our tour. Three days later, from home we have sent them an email asking about my watch, but we did not hear anything from them since.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple