All reviewsone nightmain buildingdevil's nose trainlovely groundspool roomcatch the trainnoisy dogsovernight stayen routelog firenice bathroombreadhaciendaecuadoroutskirtsvolcanorugs
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We spent two nights and It was too short. It is the best hotel we stayed in our week long trip. The rooms are big and clean with lots of light when you want it and darkness when you need it. Very clean with very comfortable beds. The restaurant is tastefully decorated with antique and traditional ornaments from the area. Food and service was excellent. The restaurant manager and part of the staff speak English and they strive to provide excellent service.

Although there was not a lot of children, mine enjoyed being outside. The Hotel is safe even though the “Hacienda” has lots of open areas. The entire family enjoyed our relaxing stay at Abraspungo and we’ve already planning on going back next year!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cisco8920
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was at Abraspungo 1 night only, fortunately.
The Hotel name comes from a mix of Spanish and Quechua languages and means, more or less, "Open door"
It is a strange place which original owner was a passionate climber: a sort of nightmare, with dark and depressive rooms, overcharged of odd stuff.
The current owner and the restaurant staff, were rather unfriendly and rude.
The room was better: wide but dark, with a great fireplace.
Since the room was really cold, I was offered to light the fire.
When I was back from dinner, the smell of smoke in the room was heavy.
The next morning when I woke up, I found to be completely covered with itchy red spots.
REAL ALARM: what is this?
SOLUTION: when I left my room, all red spots disappeared in a couple of hours. It was the effect of the smoke coming from the wood they used to light the fire.
I checked it : they use recovered wood with old PAINT traces.
Be careful: they are poisoning you!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank XBacco
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Sorry we only stopped one night. Room was how I expected it to be, Large, clean and well decorated, with plenty of hanging space for clothes.
Restaurant meal was agian very good, hot, well served and of good quality.
Based on the room rates it was better than other places we stayed.
Restaurant Manager willing to talk and show he wanted to mix with Customers.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EastofEngland
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night, hotel room was good and beds were comfortable, although it was a little chille in the room in the evening. TV in room, but as you would expect the majority of channels were in Spanish. The food at the hotel was very good and a lovely fire place. There is also a computer room with internet and a games room with a pool table. There is not a lot to do in the area, so really a stop off before travelling on to Cuenca. We wanted to do the devil train journey, but the main part was under construction at the time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2010

The very pretty hotel reminded me of a hacienda we'd visited earlier in the day, with its Spanish colonial style of architecture and beautifully landscaped grounds. The room was large and the bathroom was enormous (including both a spacious shower and a large tub). Be aware that there is no heating in the room, however. The thick walls and blankets provided do help keep one comfortable at 63-degree temperatures.

The breakfast was good and did include one's choice of eggs.

• Stayed: June 2010