“Delicious Food But Rude Service”

Mansion Santa Isabella
Ranked #21 of 121 Restaurants in Riobamba
Cuisines: Ecuadorean, International
Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

We decided to treat ourselves today and enjoy a $5 lunch with unlimited salad bar at the Mansion Resteraunt.

We arrived around 2pm for the lunch and were seated right beside the front door.
We were given unpleasant looks, and a hint of attitude was given to us when our orders were taken and in the explanation of the salad bar.

The salad bar was on its last leaves and veggies. The juices were hot (from the table lights) - I wish we would have been told about the “end of day” stock instead of being fed the left overs.

Our soups were delicious however my chicken was uncooked. Disguised by the colour of the sauce I didn’t see the blood and pink raw meat until I was half done. The waitress hesitantly took it back and returned it to me charred from the grill.

The dessert was okay. However the remains of the fruit salad for us was warm juice and bananas.

Considering we are clean polite people just looking for a fun fancy and delicious lunch out. We left feeling very unwelcome.

Especially when no one saw us out and when I said “thank you, good day.” (In Spanish) to the staff I was responded with “ya.”

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed January 21, 2019

Situated just off the reception hall of the hotel this is the bar and restaurant.

We arrived early afternoon as we were staying at the hotel and despite there being a board outside notinga set menu we were told only the main course was left. They then grudgingly agreed to do soup as well for us if we waited for half an hour which we did. The place was initially busy but by the time we ate only two tables remained.

In fact the meal was very nice and I would recommend it but it would seem that you have to get in early to actually have what is on the set menu.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 18, 2018

We had dinner twice when in riobamba. The fish stew is the most delicious I've ever tasted, delicate and full of flavour, with lots of fish and shellfish. The fillets also wonderful. The staff are very nice and do everything they can to be helpful. Excellent value for money too.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 9, 2017

In Riobamba there is not many places to dine out, Santa Isabela is definatly a great option they have a bit of everything and proces are accesible, I really enjoyed a dinner here with my family and friends.

very cosy too
enjoy

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed May 7, 2017

After a lovely one night stay, we woke to prepare for another day of driving. We found breakfast awaiting us ... and other guests ... in the lobby dining room. The offerings were plentiful and tasty. We had all we needed to get us moving and on our way. Staff were again warm and friendly and attentive to every need. Hope we can go back to experience more of this town.

Date of visit: October 2016