See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I'll begin by saying that I chose this place based in three premises: #1 only needed the place to sleep mainly. #2 needed a place not in the city center, with easy access to other roads to go nearby mountains. #3 near a supermarket in case something extra at last minute.

Area: the place faces a big street near a medium size mall called Mall Paseo Shopping (with local restaurants - food court and supermarket ). A famous not so good restaurant nearby and nothing else.

Facilities: Casa Real is a kind of small, good "Hosteria", with restaurant, parking and not yet a spa (under construction). Nice small halls in first and second floors. Hotel has been built 5 years ago.

Rooms: As the hotel is in front of a road we particulary asked for a quiet room at the back. We were assigned room 205 facing the internal corridors. Our room had two beds and was warm and comfortable with basic amenities : TV, phone, a desk, two complimentary small bottles of water. Didn't check for safety box.

Other rooms are bigger and brighter.

Bathroom : Small with tilting window, a shower with good pressure. Basic amenities (shampoo, conditioner), NO shower caps available. Towels the first day looked old and gray. Second day towels were white and looked clean .

Food: There's a small nice restaurant to have breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is included in the rate (cereal, yogurt, coffee, breads, fresh fruits and juices, eggs ). Dinner menu is good and it includes salads (3 or 4 types), meats (beef, pig, chicken and fish), some pasta and 2 or 3 vegetarian options. The two days we dined there very limited options for dessert. Didn't try alcoholic beverages except Ecuadorian beer. Our bill for dinner two people was around USD30.oo

Noise: I can't say about rooms facing the street or facing the garden. Mine first night was very quiet. Second night we had a baby crying from 8 pm to 11 pm, and then from 4:00Am. So it may be a matter of luck. As my window was facing the corridor I could heard all steps, laughs and conversations.
Tried to change room but apparently they give priority to other guests coming in tours booked by travel agencies.

My suggestion for new guests is to ask back rooms facing the garden , and be specific when you book otherwise you may end up facing the street or with an internal window facing the corridor.

Service: front desk as well as restaurant guys and girls were very kind and tried to help all they could.

Worth? Well, it depends on what are you looking for. If it's to stay the whole day resting in any hotel go for a nearer more expensive option. If it's only for the night could be a good one.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

Had fun, great breakfast and service. Although getting around was a bit confusing since I've never visited Ríobamba before. Me and my wife went for the weekend for a wedding we were invited to at Hotel Casa Real, very fun.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank christianaI4684AW
Reviewed February 15, 2017

We stayed here as part of a group for one night. The rooms were okay but the bathroom we had was tiny and you could barely fit in and close the door. Couldn't open the window because of the noise outside and the mosquitos. The food in the restaurant was okay and the service reasonable but nothing to write home about. We arrived late and left early so didn't get a chance to view any of the facilities. Certainly wouldn't give it the 4 stars it claims to have, probably a good 3 stars at best. The staff however were reasonably friendly.

Room tip: As far away from the road as possible
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2016

I enjoyed staying here; professional and friendly staff. The only downside was that I had trouble sleeping because the place across for the hotel had music blaring until late hours of the night, wasn't the hotel's fault though.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2016 via mobile

The attention and service was excellent. The ambient very comfortable and I recommend for all tourists to visit. The owners are very pleasant and willing to help with anything. Attention is off the roof, outstanding and truly caring. Will be back for sure.

Date of stay: April 2016