“Very ordinary”

Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Riobamba
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch
Description: El Rey del Burrito is a restaurant located in a residential zone of Riobamba, our specialty is handcrafted mexican food. The establishment has several ambiences, decorated for giving a friendly, warm sensation to the customer. We count with a private security guard in the parking section, centralized audio system, flat screen, bar, wi-fi and many other services ready for the customer requirements. All credit cards are received.
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Service fine but not difficult given only 8 other people in.
Menu much too long. Never a good sign. And didn't really show the dishes clearly. How can vegetarian options be the same price as meat? Greedy.
The hornados I had at lunchtime in the market was succulent and tasty in contrast and a third the price.
Good reviews from people who think McDonald's is a treat?
Pedestrian cooking.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed January 21, 2017

We are vegetarians and this Mexican restaurant offered a few vegetarian options. We ordered burritos and enchiladas, and they were made with beans, cheese, and fajita style vegetables. They did not have jalapenos, but did have some spicy salsas. The guacamole was good. The service was attentive, but single guy working all the tables, so a little slow. However, they did make an effort to accommodate our dietary needs. Overall a good dinner experience.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

I normally don't jump to conclusions... especially when assigning blame to restaurants for causing sickness but all three of us got sick and this was the only common place we ate.

Food was standard Mexican and I would consider it "OK". Not worth the $9-11 price

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed October 8, 2016

We stopped in here for a quick evening bite with friends after a long day on the road. It was the perfect place to relax and enjoy a Margarita and Supreme Nachos. Both were perfect and hit the spot. The portions are generous on both food and drink. The atmosphere relaxed. It is definitely a place I will return to when in Riobamba.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 2, 2016

One of my favorites in town

First, when I read some of the reviews of this place it gets me very angry… yes it’s not the fine dining experience place but give me a break its Mexican food in a small town this is not Pujol or a Michellin restaurant so those reviews (bad ones) are not correct. Second, this is one of my favorite restaurants in town, it has a nice decor, its clean and the staff is really good, the food (for what you pay) it’s out of this world in the scale of value and flavor. Please, do yourself a favor and go there, ask for the “El Rey del Burrito Mixto” grab a local beer (Pilsener) and have youself a break from everything, enjoy the melty cheese in a chill ambiance with locals while watching the soccer or having a chat with your friends. The best part? Your pocket wont even notice.
Again, this is one of my favourites in town.

Date of visit: July 2016