“Excellent Ecuadorian Food !! Beautiful restaurant”

El Delirio Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 88 Restaurants in Riobamba
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Good ecuadorian meals !! Good Ceviches, good Orange Chicken, Good Rice with sea food .. But don't take the pork chop, it taste bacon or ham !! We really enjoyed our time in the garden for the appetizer and close to the fireplace for dinner !

Reviewed August 1, 2012

There's plenty of eye candy in this unique restaurant. I had a light supper of cream of asparagus soup and salad. The service was great but the ambiance is why you go to this place. The front room where we ate had a real fireplace and lots of great images of Chimborazo and kitschy goods on the walls. It was more of an experience than a meal.

1  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was on a sentimental journey to the city where my parents met long ago. I had read Bolivar's "Delirio sobre el Chimborazo" and knowing that he probably wrote it in this house made it more significant for me. I loved the decor with masks, weavings and other handicrafts. We were six at table and we all enjoyed our meal. I had a great "locro" (potato soup), others had onion soup. The perfect dish for a cold night in Riobamba. The price was a very reasonable US$29.oo. At some point an indigenous man came in and gave us a delightful concert with his reed flutes, explaining the difference between a rondador, a kena, etc. He also sang with great feeling "Dolencias" a song about unrequited love. The only thing I did not like was that the waiter/maitre d' was watching a telenovela (soap opera) in the other room while we listened to the music. I would like to go back during the day to enjoy the courtyard.

Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

In a region where "Bolivar slept here" claims proliferate, it doesn't matter if this really was one of the South American liberator's former houses. The atmosphere is enchanting, the service attentive and the food terrific. Start with one of their great soups to take the edge of a chilly Andean evening and follow up with the local trout or other terrific main courses. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

its ok.. nothing special, but $2.00 for a coke in Ecuador that is way too much imagine how food is