Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great horse ride

We had a great time on the horse ride, the guide was excellent. Sadly there was a bit of confusion... read more

Reviewed July 7, 2017
Safari157750
Scarborough, United Kingdom
via mobile
Mostly Good

"Community based tour operator". Guide Luis was very good, although he seemed to run out of steam... read more

Reviewed January 20, 2017
nanonancy100
Beausejour, Canada

All reviews homestay horses cotacachi cuicocha laguna ride guide culture information market
Selected filters
Reviewed December 25, 2018 via mobile

Had a great time with our guide John and driver Kevin doing the Peguche waterfalls/lake cuicocha + local crafts tour. It was great way to learn from local artisans and purchase directly from the artists instead of getting items through a middleman in the market. One suggestion would be for the artist to speak and the guide to translate instead of us getting all of the information from the guide - this would make the experience even more meaningful. Also, as a participant, don’t spend too much time shopping or you will miss out on walking around the lake!

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed December 22, 2018 via mobile

Spend 9 days at a Homestay with daily excursions in northern Ecuador of biking,hiking and cultural experiences.Loved every minute of it. Would return in a heartbeat. Thank you for a wonderful trip

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed August 20, 2018

I booked a Cotacachi-Tour (one person: 175 Dollar) through this operator and was very disappointed from the organisation. Cotacachi (4939 m) is possible to make with the right equipment, which we (my guide and me) didn't have. As I was with an other operator on the Chimborazo (6310 m), which is much more difficult, I know that (when you have the strength and the fitness to do it) it is possible. For the Chimborazo the operator gave us the right equipment to make the peak possible. For Cotacachi we just had a rope (!!) and it was very icy and windy. We just reach 4.900 (mas o menos) but only because the equipment was not the right one. With the right iceshoes - no problem. In total the agency-operator was very (!) unfriendly. I told them, that I'm vegan and asked him if he knows, what it is to be vegan and he said, yes, he knows. He ignored it and at the day of my tour we just had a lot of cheese and meat...My guide was fantastic, motivated and really, really nice, but Runa Tupari Native travel was worst!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed June 4, 2018

My wife and I went on Runa Tupari's seven hour tour of Lake Cuicocha and had a wonderful time. Our driver and guide picked us up at our bed and breakfast which was outside Otavalo. We rode in a nice van for about 30 minutes before reaching the start of the hike. The hike was beautiful. It lasted about 5 hours and covered the northern two thirds of the lake. The trail was in excellent condition and covered about 9 kilometers. Our guide (Ghon) is Kichwan but speaks Spanish and English as well. He was very patient with our slow climbing due to do not being fully acclimatized. He pointed out sights, discussed uses for various plants, and told us all about the culture, dress, celebrations, and beliefs of the indigenous people of the region. When we finished our hike the driver and van magically appeared and took us to a very nice place to eat in Cotcachi. A memorable day that I would highly recommend.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were in Otavalo and wanted a day hike in the area. They set us up with Claudio and a driver and we did the trekking loop around Laguna Cuicocha which was awesome. Had a great lunch after. Worth the 35 dollars each for sure.

Date of experience: August 2017