“Home away from home!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Otavalo
La Posada del Quinde
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Otavalo
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My only regret is that I can't take this place home with me, but as it's my second visit here it has become a home away from home.
A beautiful garden, clean room, hot shower & yummy food await you at La Posada. Everyone is welcoming and treats you like family!
There is a warm and inviting fire lit in the lounge area every morning & evening- such a treat after a fun filled day.
I've traveled a lot in the past few years but this place is not to be missed! Definitely worth a visit!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Kew Gardens
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I would definately recommend La Posada de Quinde to anyone traveling to Otovalo. The place is so warm and comforting and the rooms are spacious and clean. The gardens in the back are beautiful and I loved sitting outside and enjoying the view.
The staff was always friendly and helpful with any questions I had. The food was also amazing with fresh juice for breakfast daily and the rolls were so warm and flaky. I also had the quinoa pancakes on my last day and wish I had eaten them every day! The dinners were of course delicious and servings were large.
I loved the place so much last year that when I returned to Ecuador a few weeks ago I stayed at La Posada again, and of course my high expectations were exceded. Thanks to Maggie for making my stay a "home away from home."

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anne P
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Posada del Quinde exemplifies the best that Ecuador has to offer! It is new and modern, but in a traditional style. The decor is as warm as the welcome I received upon arrival. The staff and owners seemed to have only one abjective: to make me as happy and comfortable as possible. The room was roomy, pretty and comfortable. There was even a space heater for my use just in case. Otavalo tends to be cold and hotel rooms can be damp. There is a lovely patio in a beautiful garden.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, Usa
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I wouldn't consider staying anywhere except Posado del Quinde when in Otavaol. The gardens & patio are my sanctuary during the day, and at night.the food, bar & roaring fire in their cozy lobby are perfect for meeting other guests when I'm traveling solo. Plus, there;s every amenity I need - free internet - and the service is outstanding - always with a smile & extra kindness..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Salinas, Ecuador
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel has lots of character, is very clean and well-maintained and is within walking distance of the famous Otavalo outdoor market. The rooms look out onto a wonderful patio courtyard where you can see the hummingbirds that fly around the many plants and trees. The restaurant area is warmly decorated with local crafts and has a cozy sitting area with fireplace for the cool evenings. The food was so good we ate all of our meals there except for the one day we took a taxi to nearby Cotacachi to see all the wonderful leather shops. The staff are very helpful and friendly and I can only assume one of the reasons this hotel and our stay was a great experience is due to manager Susy and the attention to the customers needs she places as a high priority.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My family traveled with two young children (2, 4) through S America for two months. We enjoyed our stay at the Posada with its beautiful gardens. Room was simply furnished with local art, and faced an oasis of trees and flowers. We were the first guests for dinner in Cafe Pachamama on-site, where we had decent food. One of the highlight of our trip was the local band that played in the cafe after dinner, and we were able to play board games and sit by a cozy fire.

I'd like to add that I was pick pocketed in the nearby farmers/animal market, and lost my wallet and cellphone; second time in over 45 countries, so be aware of your surroundings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Bring robust ear plug and eye mask if u want a good sleep. The curtains dont cover the whole window and room on ground level gets lots of traffic noise. Apart from that a pleasant stay. Lots of sighting of hummingbirds in the garden.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otavalo
Casa Mojanda
Hosteria Hacienda San Francisco
La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa
Hacienda- Hosteria Chorlavi
Hosteria Cabanas del Lago

Been to La Posada del Quinde? Share your experiences!