“Lunch”

Aly Allpa Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 95 Restaurants in Otavalo
Cuisines: Diner, International, Fast Food, Cafe
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Delicious almuerzo with soup, main, pudding and juice for $3. Fantastic coffee. Great service. An excellent choice.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

A nice little restaurant close to the Plaza de las Ponchos where you can even sit outside. The menu is very big so there are enough options to choose from. Unfortunately my omelette with spinach and without cheese came without spinach and with cheese and with the person I was with a wrong juice. I think this would be a very nice place, but the service has to become just a little better.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

Love the table outside with the view of the market!

I live in the area and go here regularly. English-speaking owner Sherman is hands on and delivers a consistently good experience. Food is fresh, made to order and a good value. American music from the 70s is frequently playing which we retired americans enjoy.

Lunch from the menu and the daily almuerzo are good as well but I like breakfast best.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Both of us had a menú del día which included a freshly made juice, a soup, a main dish with chicken or meat, rice, salad, some french fries and avocado. As a dessert we got a slice of banana cake... The price was only 4$ and the food was really good so there was nothing more we could ask for! The girl who served us was extremely welcoming and nice and all the food is prepared by her mother behind the scenes. We would definitely eat there again and can highly recommend the place!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

The first time I went there I had a really good experience, it's pet friendly and breakfast was really good, but the experience I got today have changed completely my opinion of this place. the portion of shrimps they served us was literally in one of those small sauce plates,which compared to similar priced restaurants in the area, felt like a robery.
Also we noticed that some of the shrimps in one of our plates where half deep fried, and half in wine sauce which gave us the impression that they used 2 portions of food to make the 3 meals we asked for(since it was holiday season they didn't have a lot of the items in the menu).

To be fair, the food was good . But still, we left with a bitter taste in our mouth. Maybe it was just a bad episode, but definitely I'll not go back there.

Date of visit: May 2017
sherman502, Gerente at Aly Allpa Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2017

We are really sorry for what has happened, we have taken the necessary measures so that it does not happen again, thank you very much for your opinion.