“Delicious food & very convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Pachamama

Cafe Pachamama
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Otavalo
Cuisines: International, Ecuadorean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe Pachamama is located inside hotel La Posada del Quinde, just five blocks from the Plaza de Ponchos market. Our fireplace lounge, outdoor patio and garden provide something extra for travelers, as well as our freshly-prepared, organic food with local ingredients. To top it off, we offer more vegetarian options than any other restaurant in town and many delicious meat options as well. But even if you're not a vegetarian, we have plenty of meat-based dishes and burgers to please meat-eaters as well.
Victoria, Canada
“Delicious food & very convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great food with an inventive menu - abundant vegetarian options and good use of in quinoa in many dishes - the llapingachos with lentils were very good. Service is also top notch, and the atmosphere is lovely with a fireplace. Good soups, salads, and different foods than you find elsewhere in Otavalo and other places in Ecuador. Ate there several times as I was staying in the hotel, and would highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Taryn M

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“La Posada del Quinde Restaurant Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My friends and I ate at the restaurant at this hotel in August 2012. We had such an amazing meal that we came back a few nights later! In addition to the food being fantastic, the service was great and extremely friendly. I would definitely recommend that visitors to Otavalo visit this restaurant.

1 Thank JessicaGR83
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place To Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

With a very weak stomach, I have to be very careful what and where I eat. While staying at la posada del quinde and visiting Otavalo, I only ate my meals at Cafe Pachamama. The food is very fresh and seasoned just right. The service is also great. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Marsha C
Amissville, Virginia
“Lovely ambiance, bit out of the way unless staying in the hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was craving something besides the typical local fare so decided to give this place a try. Great service and lovely ambiance. It's a bit out of the way unless you are staying in the hotel. Went for the chicken pot pie (I was seeking out comfort food) and it was tasty, but didn't blow my mind.

Visited October 2012
McAllen, Texas, USA
“Great place to wine, dine and relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We loved Cafe Pachamama. The decor is beautiful, the gardens and scenery spectacular, the service great and friendly, and the food excellent! Such a nice place to dine and relax.

• Visited August 2012