“Excellent value and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Pachamama

Cafe Pachamama
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Otavalo
Cuisines: International, Ecuadorean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe Pachamama is located inside hotel La Posada del Quinde, just five blocks from the Plaza de Ponchos market. Our fireplace lounge, outdoor patio and garden provide something extra for travelers, as well as our freshly-prepared, organic food with local ingredients. To top it off, we offer more vegetarian options than any other restaurant in town and many delicious meat options as well. But even if you're not a vegetarian, we have plenty of meat-based dishes and burgers to please meat-eaters as well.
Strasburg, Virginia
“Excellent value and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We found Cafe Pachamama to be very convenient, high quality and an excellent value. The dining area is well decorated with local art and hand made items. The staff are very friendly and professional. The menu is well rounded and there is something for everyone. The fruit and juices were always fresh and tasted perfect. The portions are large and well worth the price that is charged. Service is quick. I would highly recommend dining at Cafe Pachamama while in Otavalo.

• Visited July 2012

texas
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

The food and drinks were wonderful. We loved the folklorico music on Friday night. It is located in La Posada del Quinde, a great bed and breakfast that can meet all your needs. It's within walking distance of the market if that's on your agenda.

Visited July 2012
Santa Barbara, California
“Mamamia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great food. Wide variety. We tried lots of things. The cookie desert got rave reviews and the mole dish is awesome as well. Go to the hotel posada de Quine and eat here as a bonus!

Visited June 2012
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Every meal was very good and service was outstanding. Highly recommend the stuffed avacado

Visited June 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“In A Word: Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I went here with ten of my fellow classmates and professors to cap the Otavalo portion of a study abroad summer program. I had been living in Otavalo for three weeks and had tried several restaurants, sampled street food, and eaten my weight in my host mother's cooking. I can honestly say that Cafe Pachamama was the best food I ate in the entire time I was in Otavalo. I'm actually sad I didn't find it earlier. Maggie herself took our order and helped with service (I felt like we were old friends after a single minute in her presence). The menu is eclectic and accessible; we were with several vegetarians and they could find a lot of food they liked (I'm about the biggest meat eater you can imagine, and my mouth still watered at the vegetarian options on the menu). Between the ten of us, we tried about 15 offerings and not one dish I tasted was anything less than delicious. I had the stuffed green pepper and the quinoa crusted shrimp appetizer and was in absolute heaven. The food was perfectly prepared and the ambiance was unparalleled in Otavalo. My first thought when I walked in was, "This is the place I want to stay the next time I'm here." Welcoming, delicious, excellent. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2012