“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Pachamama

Cafe Pachamama
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Otavalo
Cuisines: International, Ecuadorean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe Pachamama is located inside hotel La Posada del Quinde, just five blocks from the Plaza de Ponchos market. Our fireplace lounge, outdoor patio and garden provide something extra for travelers, as well as our freshly-prepared, organic food with local ingredients. To top it off, we offer more vegetarian options than any other restaurant in town and many delicious meat options as well. But even if you're not a vegetarian, we have plenty of meat-based dishes and burgers to please meat-eaters as well.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Every meal was very good and service was outstanding. Highly recommend the stuffed avacado

Visited June 2012

Madison, Wisconsin
“In A Word: Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I went here with ten of my fellow classmates and professors to cap the Otavalo portion of a study abroad summer program. I had been living in Otavalo for three weeks and had tried several restaurants, sampled street food, and eaten my weight in my host mother's cooking. I can honestly say that Cafe Pachamama was the best food I ate in the entire time I was in Otavalo. I'm actually sad I didn't find it earlier. Maggie herself took our order and helped with service (I felt like we were old friends after a single minute in her presence). The menu is eclectic and accessible; we were with several vegetarians and they could find a lot of food they liked (I'm about the biggest meat eater you can imagine, and my mouth still watered at the vegetarian options on the menu). Between the ten of us, we tried about 15 offerings and not one dish I tasted was anything less than delicious. I had the stuffed green pepper and the quinoa crusted shrimp appetizer and was in absolute heaven. The food was perfectly prepared and the ambiance was unparalleled in Otavalo. My first thought when I walked in was, "This is the place I want to stay the next time I'm here." Welcoming, delicious, excellent. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Too natural foodie for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

the breakfast for hotel guests was excellent. I didnt like the dinner menu at all - and I grew up on the Moosewood cookbook. I thought I liked Quinoa until this place.

Visited May 2012
Florida
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

What a terrific place to eat! From the simple and understated decor, to the deliciously prepared food, to the personal attention by the owner, I have nothing but great things to say about this restaurant. The 4 of us elected to pass on starters, and were glad we did because the portions for main courses were so ample we could barely finish them. And there wasn't even room for desert! There are many, many vegetarian options for those who need them (we didn't) and I was impressed with the variety, freshness, presentation and taste of our meals. The location is relatively close to the main highway, so it is easy to access if you are driving, and we had no trouble parking in front of the restaurant. The price is quite reasonable; you can certainly find cheaper meals in Ecuador but by US standards it was more than reasonable, especially for what you get. Can't praise it enough.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank soccermomFlorida
Sierra Foothills, California
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Cafe Pachamama, located in La Posada del Quinde, is a very warm environment for dining. The food is carefully prepared and is many choices are available. The service by indigenous staff is outstanding! Whether you go here for breakfast, lunch or dinner, you will be pleased that you did so.

Visited April 2012