“not recommended”
Review of Tabasco's - CLOSED

Tabasco's
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My girlfriend had the vegetarian burrito which was basicaly just beans and not particulary tasty. Especialy after the first bite when she discovered the HAIR inside her burrito.
I got the beef enchillada which was nothing to rave about but compared to the veg burrito pretty decent.

I guess some might describe the owner as friendly but I thought he was too talkative and trying-to-be-funny.

It's definitely overpriced since the food isn't fresh (we got our order after five minutes) and there are far cheaper AND better places in Otavalo.
The view over the market is pretty amazing though. This and my "ok" enchillada made me decide not to give the lowest rating although I surely wouldn't recommend this place.

1  Thank TravellinJonny

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We went here after happening to see the sign on the side of their roof top. The stairs on the way up we're immaculate white tile - extra clean. The owner and his wife greeted us and were very attentive. We started with nachos that homemade, served with cheese, guacamole and tomatoes - after eating this we couldn't wait for the main course! Delicious starter. As a vegetarian, I ordered tacos "sin crane" and "sin frijoles" (no meat and no beans) which he delivered as "tacos special." DELICIOUS!!! It was basically the homemade nacho chips, the amazing guacamole, tomatoes, onions and cheese. I literally cleaned my plate. After eating some of our party used the reportedly very clean banos (bathroom), and we conversed with the owners. When we told him we'd been dating for 4-1/2 years but weren't married, the owner said he was sure we would get married with in a year. He even gave us his card and said he would bring my taco special to our wedding :-) We aren't here for a long enough visit this time, or I would go back!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The husband wife duo that fun this restaurant are FABULOUS! They were attentive to our every need. Two people in our party are vegetarians and the owner made sure to accommodate every need. The chips are homemade and so tasty! The burrito serving was huge and the tacos looked mouthwatering delicious. It's worth the 3 flights of stairs you have to climb. The whole establishment was as clean as can be. We will definitely be returning! Also great views of the market from the patio.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The food was worst excuse of Mexican food ever. Our experience sufferred even more knowing how overpriced it was compared to other places that had a lot better food at more reasonable prices. Avoid this place!

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This was the worst fake Mexican I've ever had. The vegetarian Burrito was nothing but beans, no joke not even a hint of salad. It was over priced to begin with then 2 hidden charges was added to the bill, tax and service. What kind of crap service then! The couple running it arguing about details then not having change of 2 dollar to give me back, or possibly a charade as if I would leave them 2 dollars extra. This place sucks