“Funky and Friendly”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Otavalo
Hotel Riviera-Sucre
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Otavalo
Dublin, Ireland
“Funky and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. It was very comfortable if a little noisy in the morning with traffic noise. It was clean; the linen on our bed was changed three times in the 5 nights. It was very inexpensive. The kitchen was clean and we cooked a few of our own meals as the restaurant choice in Otavalo is limited. The staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I really liked this place. It is beautiful, with lots of flowers and plants, the place is simultaneously inside and outside. The rooms are cozy and clean, breakfast is awesome, and all the people who work there are incredibly friendly. If stopping through Otavalo, I would definitely stay here for a great experience

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a total of about 8 days. It was absolutely fantastic! I got to know the manager, Adriana, pretty well. She's a sweetheart. The two boys that work there, Christian and Jose, are also incredibly nice. They are very hospitable and friendly. In terms of the rooms - I was amazed to see that the rooms were so big, the beds were nearly equivalent to a full-size in the US, and each room had its own bathroom. My bathroom even had a skylight! Depending on where the room was, there could be more or less street noise, but all the rooms were really nice, comfortable and peaceful. The inside of the hotel, especially the indoor and back patios were beautiful - full of flowers, hammocks and sunshine. The breakfast served at the hotel was great - some versions came with a lot of food, healthy too. I especially liked the natural fruit juices. The hotel was located in an ideal place - easily accessing the central part of the city (1 block from the central plaza), but still quiet enough to be peaceful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the quieter rooms, in the back.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I was floored to see how incredible my room was, the bright colors and large windows were a treat for my girlfriends and I. The showers we clean and the breakfast was delicious and water safe to drink. There is free wifi too!
Absolutely wonderful.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We were originally planning on spending a few days in Otovalo but ended up lingering here for a week as it was so comfortable.
The courtyard is so pretty, with hammock chairs and a little fountain and further in there are tables to have your breakfast outside. You also have full use of the kitchen, which has great and helped us save a few pennies (dining options in Otovalo are not the exciting).
A few nights as it was getting cold we lit a fire in the fireplace in the tv room and it was very cozy.
Rooms are large and clean and the hot water never failed. The breakfasts are very tasty and good value - delicious fresh juice and homemade yoghurt.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Throughout Ecuador I have stayed in nicer places, and I have stayed in cheaper places, but possibly no hotel in Ecuador offers such value for the money. I stayed here a total of 6 nights over 2 stays, after 3 disappointing nights in 2 other places.

Common area definitely looks nicer than expected for a hotel in this range. Hammocks, tables, tons of flowers, a TV room, garden area...

Rooms are as can be expected for $16 (for one person) - basic, clean, nothing special. Bathrooms are large, and showers are ludicrously large. Hot water 24 hours/day, but be careful as it goes from warm to scalding to warm without warning. Mattresses are in good shape and comfortable.

Breakfasts are excellent. Priced higher than elsewhere in Ecuador, but that is normal for Otavalo. Staff is fantastic.

Since all rooms open to a central courtyard, I was worried about noise, but this place is typically very quiet after 10pm. I need true quiet and this place fit my needs.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms overlooking the streets.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at Riviera Sucre for a week as we arrived for the Saturday market and then took a Spanish course for a week. We found this hotel to be absolutely excellent value for money. Our room opening on to the garden (best for quiet) was roomy and spotlessly clean as was the large bathroom. The garden is very pleasant. When we were there no staff member spoke any English but they were good at being helpful with restaurant suggestions and so on anyway. I would suggest posting the breakfast menu more prominently as the first morning we did not realize they served breakfast. Their breakfasts are excellent, large and delicious -- excellent value at $3 or $4. It is very cold in the evenings though, and I would gladly have paid $5 to rent a heater per night though there was a nice fire in the common room most evenings. Recommend this place whole heartedly to all ages of travellers.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are pleasant and quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple