“Secure and safe in Guayaquil”

Holiday Inn Guayaquil Airport
Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Guayaquil
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Located just next to the airport, hotel is very convenient if you travel with kids. Rooms are neat, clean and comfortable, price is not so good, rooms rate including bfast is a little bit expensive.

What is outstanding is the location, airport next to you, bus terminal only 100 metres from you, supermarket crossing the street and main mall and hospital just 5 min by car.

Food is good but expensive, room service menu is short and few options available, however they are open to prepare something that is not in the menu.

Free shuttle service from hotel to Mall del Sol (mall).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ALeon77
David V, Revenue Analyst at Holiday Inn Guayaquil Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Mr. ALeon77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor Community.

We are glad that you found our rooms neat, clean and comfortable. We are also happy to read that you enjoyed our food and nearby facilities and attractions as you mentioned.

Regarding variety of our room service menu and prices, we appreciate your feedback, and want to let you know that areas involved have knowledge of your suggestions.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Guayaquil Airport

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I redeemed points for a nights stay here and they have me the worst room in the hotel over looking a roof and there was inadequate hot water. There was also a ring of urine around the base of the toilet which I complained about. Rhe maintenance person came in and said the shower is ok but I still could not get any hot water. They also left the urine which I thought was kind of lame.

I shouldnt really complain but I think its okay for them to give me a crappy room just because I bookes using points when that is the worst thing you can do to a platinum member. Weak!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank CabbageAndSurf
Hotelier M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Guayaquil Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting our property on reward points for this stay, which we have credited back since we are fully commited to your satisfaction and we see you experienced some problems with hot water; temperature indicators on shower commands have been added.

We are sorry we were not able to place you in upper floors according to your Platinum reward level, due to very high occupancy at your arrival day. How ever your room is facing Ave Americas and has a view as 90% of our guest rooms.

Cordially,

José Luis Morejón / General Manager

Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was my third stay at Guayaquil Holiday Inn. It was like the other two - excellent. The service, courtesies, professionalism, friendliness, and helpfulness from every employee I have encountered there have been impeccable and beyond reproach. The hotel is well kept, clean and refreshing. It is in every aspect that I've seen an asset to the hotel chain and speaks very highly of the Management.

Room Tip: Have not had a bad room there.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Cris H

Dear Cris H,

We want to thank you for your loyalty and for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

We appreciate how you highlighted out every aspect provided by our staff members. It is always a pleasure to read that we exceeded your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous room, with the best shower we had in Ecuador - total treat.
Wonderful service from the front desk, to the bell hops to the restaurant/bar staff. Great breakfast included for $6. Tasty reasonable buffet for dinner.
So good we added a night when passing through guayaquil later in our trip.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rotini
David V, Revenue Analyst at Holiday Inn Guayaquil Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear rotini,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are delighted to know that the best shower you had in Ecuador was in our property.

It also makes us happy to read that you enjoyed the service given by our staff.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We used Priority Club rewards for the stay (at a very good rate offer) and were happy to be updated into a lovely suite. Enjoyed a relaxed day between our return form Galapagos and the continuation to Amsterdam. We tasted the dinner and breakfast buffet and enjoyed fitness and swimming pool.
Friendly staff and indeed - a Holiday Inn at the top end this IHG brand!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stefan J
David V, Revenue Analyst at Holiday Inn Guayaquil Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Mr. Stefan J,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Member.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and tried some of our facilities and services.

Looking forward to your next visit

Sincerely,.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I arrived late and left early, so I booked the Holiday Inn since it was next to the airport.
The shuttle system was great. Room was nice and clean, internet worked well. I was only there 8 hours so I didn't really use any services. When you arrive and take the shuttle to the hotel it's just a few minutes.
When you depart it takes about 10/15 min......I guess the routing with one way roads??
Not sure. We thought it seemed a bit crazy. If we had less luggage we would have walked, but we were headed to the Galapagos with a bit of gear.
On our return back thru Guayaquil we booked Oro Verde because we had the afternoon and wanted to walk around downtown. I thought the Oro Verde was a little nicer, but in general I think both hotels are very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KarenGinSD

Dear Ms. KarenGinSD,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

We are very glad to know that there are positive elements that you enjoyed like our shuttle service, rooms, cleanliness and internet.

Regarding the departure, we want to let you know that we already took measures to shorten the time to the airport.

We hope that you will visit us again so you can continue enjoying all of our services and facilities.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a brandnew hotel and I stayed here because I landed from the Galapagos in the late afternoon and had a flight out again the next morning, thus wanted to simply stay close to the airport. The location is perfect, almost opposite the terminal. The hotel offers a regular shuttle service to the terminal, but as I was travelling rather light, I simply walked over (three minutes). I don´t give five points here very often, but I can find absolutely nothing to complain about. The room was spotlessly clean, bed was comfortable, TV and (free of charge) internet worked very well and all the hotel staff were extremely friendly and professional. I also enjoyed a dip in the hotel pool with a good view of the airport and runway. A very good hotel, I would definitely come back here and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank airevents
David V, Revenue Analyst at Holiday Inn Guayaquil Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear airevents,

Thank you for your positive comments and review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend us.

As you mentioned, our location is ideal either by the proximity to the airport, and nearby locations and attractions.

We hope to see you soon