“Didn't honor reservation”

Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Guayaquil
Sarasota, Florida
“Didn't honor reservation”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here in April and found the hotel to be OK, very convenient to the airport. But I tried to make a reservation for one night in late May and found their website was not working. I emailed the hotel and asked for a room reservation and got a reply to my email telling me there would be a room available for me on the specified night. When I arrived at the hotel late that night, they wouldn't let me in the door, saying they had no rooms available. So the taxi driver kindly took me to another hotel, this one located in central Guayaquil, where I was able to get a room. That hotel (Sol de Oriente) was fine, the staff was very nice and helpful. I will not try to stay at the Airport Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Marti324

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I arrived at 8:50pm by taxi. I asked about dinner but was told they had stopped serving for the evening. A couple of minutes later a young man asked if I was still interested in eating. I went into the restaurant and they served a nice meal. Price was reasonable. Service was great!

Another review says it isn't near attractions. It is an airport hotel. The attraction is the airport!

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank gjudson1229
Gros Islet, St. Lucia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here for several nights in mid Sept. 2012 and I knew I would have to write a review based on our stay.

This is a new hotel in Guayaquil - opened spring 2012 - and is a family owned place.
That really shows in their attention to detail as the place is spotless, and stylish too. Check in was a breeze and then off to the room. We Had a nice corner room - nice size and
had a nice flat panel tv - a small fridge - ice cold a/c - a nice bathroom with plently hot water - hair dryer, etc.

They serve a full breakfast which is included in room rate and we even had it sent to the room one morning.

There is a lovely dinning room on the ground floor and also a computer area with 4 or 5 new computer with high speed internet free to use.

The owner also has a nice art collection displayed in the lobby and ground floor area.

The location is right across from the airport and is only a couple dollars by cab to the downtown waterfront area, or the mall (which - if you have the time - is a must see).

Rooms are quiet even with the airport right there.

There is another hotel that has a very similar web address so you need to be sure of which one you are booking. Web address is: www.airporthotelguayaquil.com.

Rooms run about $70 for a single and $80 for a double (Ecuador uses US currency as their money)

Mini mart close by for sodas and beer - bus & taxi stop is right in front of the hotel.

Without a doubt this was the nicest place we stayed in Ecuador the 3 weeks we were there.

Tripadvisor website seems to be acting up a little - I am not able to put in ratings - but would give it a 5 for sure.

The only thing missing was a pool - but there is so much to do and see in Guayaquil that we wouldn't have had time anyway.

Try it - I think yo,;ll enjoy the place.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank KaribbeanKidd
Travelers also viewed these Guayaquil hotels
Air Suites Hotel
Howard Johnson Hotel Guayaquil
Sheraton Guayaquil Hotel
Sheraton Guayaquil Hotel
#7 of 59 in Guayaquil

Been to Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Airport Hotel

Property: Airport Hotel
Address: Ave. De las Americas y Calle A | in front of "Aeropuerto de Guayaquil", Guayaquil 090150, Ecuador
Location: Ecuador > Guayas Province > Guayaquil
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Guayaquil
Hotel Class:3 star — Airport Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.