“Nice hostel”

and 1 more site!
DreamKapture Hostel
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Hostel is great.. And the staff is amazingly helpful.. Location is a bit out of the way from everything else in the city .. But not much can be done about that :)
Breakfast provided is pretty good.
Hostel itself is really nice .. But just lacks the normal hostel atmosphere !!
But really nicely run by the owners!!
Very helpful people at the desk..
Recommend it

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed with DreamKapture 2 nights - the first in the girls dorm and the second night i was bumped up to a private room due to a very large group arriving. Breakfast was good. The hostel itself is a little noisy due to thin walls but not too bad. the staff was very helpful in helping me on to my next adventure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2013

May be we were lucky but we had a four nights comfortable stay with Christian and its staff. First the web page of the hotel is well done with all you need to know with direction, like a guide book, plus all the info for going to Galapagos with their travel agency.
The room was not to large but clean with good light and one of the most comfortable mattress. The few request we had were repair in the hour. I would suggest to may be have some hangers and a low bench to put your luggage on.
The breakfast and the coffee included was excellent. The hotel has a policies to double check if you are sure to come that we were not use to. But I guess some travelers have a bad reputation not to show up. So if you are one of those, it's about time you behave.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

After traveling several weeks in Ecuador I had to go to Guayaquil to catch a early morning flight to the Galapagos. I booked a room in Dreamkapture hostel. I got a friendly welcome. I liked the leaflet provided with information on buses and things to do. My room was simple, clean and with airco. The staff was friendly and very helpful. You can not say that the surroundings of the hostal are pretty, but in my opinion there are not much pretty place in Guayaquil (as far as I heve seen the city). But it is situated well, close to a mall, the airport and bus terminal and I think it is a good place to stay

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here for one night and chose the hostel due to it's relative proximity to the airport given our early flight out of Guayaquil the following morning. Overall we had a mixed experience but sadly the worst night's sleep (more aptly lack of sleep) in our 7 month trip away.

In order to give a fair review I want to say the good things about this hostel -

THE GOOD - secure compound, small kitchen for guest use, good wifi in communal areas (little or no signal in dorm room), provision of a towel (despite the hole in the middle), generally clean, comfortable bed, the overnight staff on the 24 hour reception were kind and tried to be helpful given the difficult circumstances that took place.

However, our stay was drastically overshadowed -

THE BAD - a house party started next door to the hostel around 9pm. Unfortunately next door extends across the top of reception, which is right next to the female dorm room, not that it mattered as the party could be heard loudly in every inch of the hostel. If this really was a house party I am impressed - it felt and sounded like a club in every way - complete with microphones, an MC, thumping base, flashing lights and repeated play of Gangnam Style (and other pop 'classics'). At midnight I asked the guy on reception if there was anything he could do - there was no way anyone in the hostel could get any sleep. He said he'd call them. No change. The club night/ party lasted until 3am. After speaking to several other guests throughout the night and in the morning everyone was kept awake - there was absolutely no way anyone would have been able to sleep through it.

At 7am when the Canadian manager arrived I spoke to him about the issue. I asked for reimbursement, I thought this was fair given I'd (pre) paid (on arrival) for a nights sleep and got 3 hours and a painful headache. He offered a backhanded apology and had a go at me for wanting some kind of reimbursement (apparently he has 'business partners' which apparently means he can't give refunds...). Bordering on aggressive he asked me to imagine how he felt - he got 2 hours sleep and has to live there.

I walked away from the situation despondent, but to his credit he came to find me with a more amenable tone and offered recompense of a free taxi ride to the airport. I appreciated this gesture, as there was clearly no way he was going to give any money back, so this was all he could do.

Would I stay here again? No. I wouldn't risk the professional nightclub set-up they've got next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here with a large group of people as a stop over having flown in to Guayaquil and then to travel out the next day. The hostel was clean and did a really good breakfast, secure locked compound. The surrounding area isn't particularly charming but if you're after a clean and comfy bed you'll do fine to stay here. The office were very helpful in arranging onward travel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were moving on to Cuenca in the morning. We took a local bus to the centre, which took about half an hour. The room was decent and airconditioned. The pool was off limits. They also have a travel agency in house.

- yesmads.com