“Safety First”

DreamKapture Hostel
Durango
“Safety First”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

After checking the reviews here, I decided to go with Dreamkapture. I had my reservations all worked out to just find a taxi on my own from the airport. However, my flight from the US was wildly delayed out of Houston and I arrived in Guayaquil at midnight (not the best feeling). As I knew my flight arrangements were awry, I emailed Dreamkapture and (for a $15 fee) they arranged for a driver with a sign waiting for me at the airport. Getting into the hostal at 1PM after 30 hours of traveling, I found the room to be proficient with hot water and a drain that worked so so. The breakfast was mediocre but the company of the other hostal go-ers was enough to get me past the dry, white bread toast! Overall, a nice quick stay with Dreamkapture.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Peru
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This gets a very good rating as a hostal for its price, and generally good option as a place to stay. It was clean, had hot water, a good breakfast. My only complaint was that they charged us each $2 for breakfast even though we paid full price for the room, and it should have been included according to all the "breakfast is included in price" posters they have on the walls. When I asked the man at the front desk about this, he said he couldn't help me, and didn't know the email address where I could reach the manager to ask. I would stay there again though, give them one more chance because it was a good place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DreamGalapagos, Owner at DreamKapture Hostel, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dreamkapture Policy: Breakfast is complimentary for the price of the room and it is served next morning from 7:30 am to 10:00 am.

If check-in is very early in the morning and clients like to have breakfast the same day they arrived, they will be asked to pay $2 per breakfast, because this meal is not part of the complimentary service. I think this could have been the issue for the confusion regarding breakfast.

Thank you very much for the good comment on cleanliness.
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We didn't stay at the hostel, but we did arrive at the office at 5.30pm on a Sunday and stay until 9pm (when they had technically shut at 5) booking our trip. They were so helpfuly going through all of the options with us and comparing the pros and cons of each itinerary. In the end we had a fabulous trip and can't thank them enough!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dreamkapture Travel Team is very happy to hear that you enjoyed your expereeince in the Galápagos Islands.
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there for a night and were highly disapointed. The foreign lady at the reception was extremely unfriendly and unhelpful. The room was basic and the hostel not as clean as others we had stayed at, especially the bathroom. We decided to leave after one night.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Nischu
We already have a meeting with all the personnel to let everybody knows about this comment; in that way, we improve the client service. For more than 10 years in this business, we have been very well known for having clean rooms; however this comment is like a wake-up call to the owners to improve the way we inspect the rooms.

Travelers are raving about these Guayaquil hotels

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were good. We stayed in a nice double as well as a few of the dorms and they were all clean and comfy. The breakfast was superb!
We came here mainly because it is also a travel agency specialising in last minute deals to the Galapagos and we ended up getting a really good deal for an amazing cruise. Chris, the owner, was a bit intense and I didn't feel he was too approachable but Monica, who also worked on reception/agency was fantastic. She was so friendly and helpful and didn't hesitate to make phone calls for us to hostels on the galapagos to make sure we had a booking there. Thanks Monica!

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you very much for the good comments about the hostel and the travel agency. We are so glad that you have found a good cruise to enjoy your unique Galapagos experience.
London
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed there for a night after arriving by plane. Not as close to airport as I thought but was ok. Clean hostal, can sit outside, kitchen for use and a shopping centre not far. Beds comfy. Dorm with fan ,no aircon (- I prefer fan as aircons often too cold for my liking). Cannot imagine staying there other than for the reason of needing a place "near airport" to head out again the next day as not close to city centre at all, but that was ok. Owner a seemed a bit weird when i asked about advice on a hostal for my next stop, but as i didn't have much to do with him didn't really matter. Breakfast included. WIFI working fine

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
new orle
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed only one night in the hostal but it was awesome. Very clean and comfortable, Our room had air conditioning, a private bathroom with hot water. Upon our arrival, we were getting checked in when my husband realized he left his passport up the coast in Puerto Lopez (4 hours away by bus). We had no cell phone service and felt very stranded. The owner, Christopher let us use his personal cell phone to contact our friends and make travel arrangements to collect the passport. If you are looking for a safe, comfortable, clean place......this is the one, you won't want to miss it!

David and Renee Bernardi

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for having chosen Dreamkapture Hostel. We are very glad that we can help you out. We appreciate your good comments.