“Not exactly what I've expected”
Review of Hotel Ramada

Hotel Ramada
Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Guayaquil
Zipaquira, Colombia
“Not exactly what I've expected”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I've visited this Hotel before and I've received better attention. The last visit I've had I didn't receive the same attentions on my registration, I've waited for more or less 30 minutes, and I've have problems for my check out. Location is quite well and rooms are conformtable but attention has decreased.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank groncios

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2011

we changed room 3 time as rooms were dirty broken plastic in one of them, the flowers should have been in the room but they forgot to order them so come after 4 hours was given them in them in the hallway, there was no hot water at all waited 8 hours for them to tell us there will not be any, and staff were rude, so if you want a place to stay this is not it

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mattaylor
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2011

good position on the river, opposite the Malecon - the only one. perfectly serviceable and comfortable, but not of Ramada quality. It's a bit tired and in need of a good refurbishment. Staff helpful. Ask for a front room overlooking the river - the sound insulation is good so the traffic noise is no problem.

Room Tip: ask for a front room on second or third floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank melbourneonthego
tavares florida
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I stayed from dic.25-dic30. I order a room with a room sight to the river and I got just half sight room means it wasn't in from of the river, it was a corner room but it was ok with me.
we select (my husband) a junior suite and was a good idea so we received family t that could sit and talk at the sofas. we walk to the downtown in minutes and to the malecon wich is in front of the hotel and to the las penas very nice location! the staff was cordial and very nice. the breakfast was a very large selection, breads, juices, yogurts, sweets, fruits, cereals and the cheff is there so you can order your omelets o eggs on your own way. we have like 6 station for the internet, nice. I would like to thanks to the manager Mr.Nelson Vera, for taking care of my cellphone that my husband forgot at the internet station thank you again for all you did for us <like keeping the ano viejo muneco in the hotel> so we can keep going on our activities. thank you! and Happy New Year!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gyeTavaresFlorida
New York
Reviewed April 26, 2008

I travel frequently to Guayaquil and I wanted to stay near the Malecon and Zona Rosa, which is the bar/nightclub area so I decided on the Ramada. The staff is great and they obviously try their best to keep the hotel clean but it is not enough.

The curtains and linens looked like they were bought back in the 80's. The toilet, which had very low water pressure had to be flushed twice every time it was used. It got clogged once. As I packed my clothes to leave I received a goodbye from a small lizard in my room!

In their defense the breakfast buffet offered a good selection of food. I have previously stayed at the Best Western Doral where you could get the same good service and cleanliness for about $50 per night.

• Liked — Breakfast Buffet
  • Disliked — Overpriced
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
Lima, Peru
Reviewed March 16, 2008

Definitively, is the best located hotel of Guayaquil if you are coming for tourism / leisure. With such a privileged characteristic, it’s a shame that owners does not invest on a heavy transformation of the hotel. The hotel was built on 1981, and you can confirm it by the minute you cross the door. Furniture, ceilings, bathrooms, and a general distribution that even on the 80’s were somehow not appropriate for a 4* hotel. On the other hand, the staff is extremely kind and eager to help. Word of advice : ALWAYS ask for the rooms with a view to the Guayas river … they are bigger, nicer, and it seems that they have been recently restored; if you can only get a room with no view to the river, ASK FOR A DISCOUNT ….. these other rooms are smaller and very uncomfortable.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Looks and feels old
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 11, 2007

We spent 2 nights here on our way to the Galapagos and we were very happy with our decision to stay at Hotel Ramada. Our reservations were for a weekend package deal that you can only get online or via email and the prices were so much less than the normal room rate. The weekend package deal includs a free welcome cocktail and free internet access. The hotel provides free transfers to/from the airport - we were greeted by a friendly gentleman holding a sign w/ our name on it. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport and located right on the Malecon 2000 - the only hotel in Guayaquil that is located right on the Malecon 2000 (with lots of shopping, restaurants and wonderful walkways along the riverfront where it's safe to walk). We asked for rooms overlooking the Malecon and river and our request was granted. The hotel is older but they work hard to keep it clean and good wo rking order. The rooms have a/c but not the hallways. There is a very small elevator for the 4 floors but I wouldn't use it if you are claustrophobic; it's that small! The hotel provides lock boxes in each room but for the life of me we couldn't figure out how a lock would fit on the box and no place for a key either. The hotel has an inside pool, hot tub and 2 restaurants but only the casual cafe restaurant was open when we were there. The cafe has extended hours, the menu is very extensive and the prices were very inexpensive with very attentive service. Twice we ate lunch and dinner at the cafe. We were very impressed w/ the breakfast buffet that is included in the price of the hotel room. It was very extensive offering eggs cooked to order, meats, all types of cereals, 5 or 6 different types of unique juices, fresh fruits, and a good selection of breads and sweet rolls. LAN lost our luggage for 6 days but the hotel came to our need and provided us shampoo, conditioner, razor, toothbrush & toothpaste, shoe polish, shower cap and lotion all for free. The front lobby personnel allowed us to use their phone at no charge to call LAN numerous times trying to locate our luggage. And when our guide never showed one morning, again the front desk came to our rescue and made some calls for us, at no charge. When we were pressed for time to get to the Mall del Sol to purchase last minute clothing for the Galapagos due to our luggage not arriving, the hotel made arrangements for us to have a private driver & car to take us to the mall, wait for us, take us to the airport to pick up 1 piece of luggage and back again to the hotel. The front desk arranged a private driver again at midnight to take us to the airport one more time when we were told by LAN that our luggage had arrived (it hadn't). The hotel staff also allowed us to make copies of our lost luggage reports in their business center and again at no charge. One in our party lost a wallet w/ their driver's license and some cash not knowing where it was lost. It was found a few days later and the hotel returned to us (sans the US $). The staff was so helpful and cheerful during our troubling times doing their best to make our visit pleasant. We think a hotel's true colors come out in times like these and Hotel Ramada exceeded in every way.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Root B