“luxury hotel right downtown”

Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil
Ranked #3 of 61 Hotels in Guayaquil
Jacksonville, Florida
“luxury hotel right downtown”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

As part of a package vacation we stayed at the Oro Verde one night. Because it was a package, we do not know the actual cost, but this was truly a great experience. There was free wifi and a very complete business center, the staff was extremely attentive, and there was even a complimentary minibar. There are three different restaurants with many more nearby. The hotel is located right downtown about a kilometer from the Malecon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tvmovielover50
Vasco_v_Baselli, General Manager at Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear tvmovielover50,

thank you very much for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to read that our team was able to make someones stay a special one. I hope you had a fantastic time in Ecuador and hope you visit us again.

Vasco v. Baselli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I travel internationally for work several months out of the year and I would NOT ever stay in this hotel again. First issue: Mold - When you enter the lobby there is a distinct musty smell that persists in the rooms as well. Second issue - Horrible internet if any at all. Also, the desk clerk kept telling my entire group that the password for the internet was 8times8. After about an hour and multiple business collegues being very upset I took my computer to the front desk and said type in the password... they typed 88888888.... when they had written on each persons card "8times8" over and over again. Third Issue - I arrived with several collegues right at check in time (I can'r remember when it is specifically so for arguments sake we'll say 12:00) It was 12:30 and I was told that my room was not available. After a LONG stare down they magically found a room for me, however many of my more patient collegues did not get a room until 3:30/4!

And that is just the experience in the lobby. Do not even ask about how the room was! Smelly, outdated, no internet! Just all around bad!

Don't waste your time, money and stress on this hotel.... PERIOD

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BethHongKong
Dear BethHongKong,

I am truly sorry you were so unhappy with your stay at our hotel and apologize for the difficulties my staff had to properly communicate to you our internet login procedures. We thank you for your comments have reviewed our passwords. I am somewhat surprised about your comments regarding our rooms and would be very grateful for any further assistance you may provide us by contacting me directly through my email vbaselli@oroverdehotels.com

Bornem
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A magnificent suite, large like an appartment, excellent service...memorable even if we only stayed one night. Just what we needed after a few days in the Amazone...and before taking off to the Galapagos.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Vasco_v_Baselli, General Manager at Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Ann2888,

thank you for your kind comments and we hope you enjoyed your visit to Ecuador and the Enchanted Islands.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

It is a great place to go, to stay..
The people where very kind, wonderful services i will go back on my next Vacation..
Everything nice and perfect i felt very secured..cap services all the time friendly people everywhere well cleaned in other words
Nice ;)

• Stayed November 2012
Dear mayraoyola,

thank yo very much for your comments and we are very happy yo enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The service at the hotel is top-notch. The pick-up from the airport was efficient and fast, check-in a breeze and the concierge was very helpful with all our questions. He even arranged for our postcards to get stamps and to be put in the post for us. The rooms seem newly renovated and have a nice modern feel to them. The only negative comment is that the exterior, for example while sitting at the pool, has a very dated and dull feel. Also, the air-con in the main lobby has a slightly moist or mouldy feel to it. But otherwise, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vasco_v_Baselli, General Manager at Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear TS_Cologne,

thank you for sharing your comments with TripAdvisor and providing us with valuable feedback so we may continue improving our guests experience. I am glad to inform you that our pool area is undergoing a complete restoration and regret you did not have the opportunity to experience it during your last stay. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

San Clemente, California
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Hotel Oro Verde is an Elegant Hotel located in the center of Guayaquil. I could not have asked for a better location. I stayed here on my way to the Galapagos Islands and stayed here several days when I got back from the islands. I stayed on the club level. I really recommend it. i wanted to say thank you to all pepople working the desk on the club level floor. What I liked is I could walk to most of the city sited like Iguana Park, the Cathedral, and the river walk. If I needed to any further the Hotel would make arrangements for a driver to take me shopping or go to Salinas or Mantanitas. Wanted the thank you to Diego , the Day Manager, for always making sure if I needed anything. Diego knows what customer service is all about! Thank you again for your excellent service. if you would like a driver to take you city tour ask for Johnny. Johnny speaks English and knows where to go in and out of the city. Thank you Jonny for all your help driving me to Mantanitas to go Surfing and lunch and see the sites. Would recommend anyone visiting to stay at The Hotel Oro Verde.

Room Tip: the breakfast is awesome!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Vasco B, General Manager at Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Frank A,

thank you very much for sharing your experiences at the Oro Verde with the Tripadvisor Community. It is always very gratifying to hear that our team was able to contribute to your vacation and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back some time soon to Ecuador and Guayaquil.

Sincerely yours,

Virginia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil and the service was outstanding! The hotel itself is beautiful and my room was exactly like the online pictures. I felt like a VIP the entire time. I just wish I stayed longer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MIKL_Virginia
Vasco B, General Manager at Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear MIKL_Virginia,

thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers and we are happy to have been able to make your stay a special one.