“Before and after the islands”

Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil
Ranked #5 of 62 Hotels in Guayaquil
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Elegant, clean, quiet, welcoming staff.
Good shuttle schedule. The driver will wait for you as long as necessary if your flight is delayed.
Outstanding facilities (pool, sauna, fitness).
Lots of choices for breakfast, all fresh and healthy and attractive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Upon our return trip from Cuenca to Austin, Kim and I stayed at the Hotel Oro Verde in Guayaquil again. Upon check-in, we were given warm, mint scented towels and fresh juice to take away the humidity and heat of the city. This time we stayed in the Oro Verde Suite and were delightfully surprised at the glamorous and stately attributes of the suite.

We met and talked with Mr Xavier Polastri, the "Gerente de Recepcion" or the Front Desk Manager. Not only was he very gracious, but he showed us to our suite personally and ensured us that our every need would be met.

He gave us the key, made sure we were comfortable and bid us a pleasant stay. I thanked him and stepped back to take it all in. Kim decided to rest her weary bones and stretched out on the couch in the living area of the suite. I had to step into the guest bath.

Notice the fresh red roses on the dining table. I had to look at the rest of the suite and started to venture into the other rooms when the doorbell rang and an attendant brought a bottle of wine, two glasses and a handwritten thank you letter, from Mr. Vasco Baselli, the "Gerente General" or the General Manager of the hotel. I cannot remember the last time I received a handwritten note and one so warmly written.

Additionally, we were brought a bowl of fruit, chocolates and personal service for our IT issues. We settled in and decided to try out the private dining area on the eighth floor, stocked with all kinds of tasty snacks, sandwiches, cheeses, fruits, breads and pastries. We loved the offerings and satisfied our hunger. Returning to the suite I had to take advantage of the wonderful bath facilities with multi-head shower and huge tub.

I wanted to spend the entire night in this fascinating shower. After being totally spoiled in this unbelievable shower I continued to the vanity. The exterior double sinks had every accessory one could fathom. Any toiletry you forgot was in place.

It was time for bed as Kim and I had an early 3:00 AM wake up call to make the shuttle and return flight to Austin. Kim remarked that the bath and bedroom area was larger than ours at home. It was very spacious and nicely appointed with a huge king size, palatial bed.

The wake up call came at exactly 3:00 and sadly we were leaving Ecuador returning to reality, jobs and our lives in Texas. The Hotel Oro Verde is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World and I feel positive that the guest treatment would be comparable, in any of the chains many luxury hotels around the world.

We were treated so kindly and the generous management of the Hotel Oro Verde is to be commended for such excellent customer service, cleanliness and a desire to please their guests. I have never been treated so royally and have stayed in major hotels across the world. Thank you sincerely for a "Memory Making" visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very nice hotel to stay. For sure the suites are great, luxe and comfort. The staff was very friendly. Security is in and outside the hotel, it feels very safe to stay in this hotel. It is situated central in the town and on walking distance of the very nice boulevard. Don'nt miss the park with the leguaanen

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here a couple of months ago for business. Very comfortable room, nice lobby and bar area, great location for my purposes. Had a basic room but it was very spacious and had a nice view. Good included breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

WOW. After reading the reviews, I was a little concerned as to our selection. I was mistaken! The place is lovely. Free airport transfers. Free drink upon arrival. We got the junior suite but it seemed so much bigger than we imagined. Full bedroom, dining area, living area, walk in closet and nice size bathroom. We were in the new tower. Walked to Malecon 2000 and Cerro Santa Ana. Found a cute empanada/fruit place close by. (noticed the choice from our window! Lots of locals eating there.) Found a cute little pub around the block. No problems with the neighborhood. Lovely expansive breakfast and great choices. Excellent service.

Room Tip: Upper level, junior suite, new tower
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Almost every year arriving from Europe on our way to Galapagos we do have a stop at this fabulous Hotel.
Service is perfect, room are clean, as repaeter always upgrade, excellent price for groups (ask for Diana). Atmosphere in The Kapitana Bar enjoying delicious tapas with a free drink and local music.
Try the restaurants also. Breakfast is a must !

Room Tip: Go for it !
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I as well stayed 1 day upon arriving to Ecuador and 1 day before flying out.
Their transportation options alone are priceless! I didn't even have to book the airport shuttle. I simply found the shuttle van and got in. The hotel also have their own taxis! This came in handy, especially to arrange pick ups after. For a single woman in a somewhat dangerous city not speaking Spanish, this was great. The entire team are lovely, accomodating, and they all speak english. Milton was quick to welcome me to his country and the hotel and offered many options of what there is to do in the city. Maria Elena at reception helped me with directions and setting up day trips. Wilzon from the restaurants was a class act. And not to forget my friend Edgar at the door and helped me back to the airport. They are all simply amazing people and made my stay in Guayaquil very enjoyable. The accomodations were impeccible as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo