1,338 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeswim up barsteak restaurantclose to the airportgalapagos islandspre and postbreakfast buffetclub levelnice poolsushiboth timesvery nice hotelminutes from the airportrooms are largefree shuttlespasal
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This was a very nice hotel. The lobby was really cool and se were the elevators haha. The rooms were so nice and the pool was really cool it even has a bar in the pool! This was a great hotel and if for whatever reason I am in Guayaquil again I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank conradbaines
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We booked two nights at Hilton Colon at the end of the Galapagos trip
Very convenient to airport
Easy to arrange taxis etc (they also have a free shuttle to and from the airport)
Stayed in the concierge level as we usually do and found it a bit odd as honestly the concierge portion really applies to checkin only and the lounge (which is very nice)
but they were unwilling to arrange dinner plans (you had to go to the front desk)
give suggestions about tour options (call the concierge), just about anything other than checkin and out required the GUEST to run down to the front desk
I would have expected them to call FOR you- or have them call the concierge and have the concierge call you- Hmmm
I would give them 4 stars (three if not in concierge)
However, there is not likely a better place except that soon (maybe a year or two) new hotels will open on the waterfront and that would be where I would stay on the malecon
Do walk up the malecon and the steps at the end (650) to the hill- great place for a local dinner and to see the old renovated city
Anyway, I book concierge to make things easier- not harder aqnd I would hope the hotel "gets" that concierge level means just that!
Rooms are quite nice- hilton standards and staff very pleasant

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank marikim
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed at the Colon both before and after a Lindblad Expedition to the Galapagos. Convenient to airport-10 minutes. Arrived Thurs night before a Sat AM departure so we'd have time to relax. Spent the day at the pool, spa, fitness center--all of which are top notch. Business Center is also excellent, with good tech support. Rooms comfortable, large and modern. Several restaurants on site. Food good, but not particularly memorable, and service was uniformly slow (by US standards). Didn't venture out into the city (safety concerns), so would recommend the Colon as a good place to stay for a day or two on the way to somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank COdreamer
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel for one month. I was thoroughly impressed with the level of attention that was given to us. The executive floor was wonderful. The breakfast buffet surpassed my expectations. The staff was extremely helpful in making our stay a very comfortable one. The room was very large with an amazing housekeeping staff that made sure that the room was serviced twice sometimes three times a day. Overall i would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Shannon T
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Whilst staying at the Hilton Colon recently, I became aware that coins were being stolen from my room. Intrigued, I left specific amounts in order to see if the theft reoccurred, or whether I was imagining things. When further coins were indeed stolen, I notified hotel management, who did nothing about it.

The next day, even more coins were stolen from my room whilst I was having breakfast. I informed the hotel management again and they sent someone to my room to speak to the maid and ostensibly to investigate.

I told the hotel that I expected the matter to be fully dealt with and that I would appreciate receiving information about any measures taken to combat the problem. When nothing further was heard, I wrote to the hotel to inquire and mentioned that their response or lack thereof would influence any comments I might make on TripAdvisor.

Thus it is, that the hotel has apparently failed to look into this matter and certainly has not had the courtesy to keep me advised or reply to my messages.

I will not be staying there again: it is the most expensive hotel in Guayaquil and the integrity of the staff should be of paramount concern. I am frankly disgusted that the hotel has not had the decency to write to me regarding the thefts. They clearly do not value my custom and I therefore feel it my duty to bring this attitude and the parlous security situation to the attention of others.

IF STAYING THERE, I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT GREAT CARE BE TAKEN WITH EVEN THE MOST INSIGNIFICANT PERSONAL BELONGINGS...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business