“Good choice for pre- and post-cruise stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Colon Guayaquil

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Guayaquil
Denver, Colorado
“Good choice for pre- and post-cruise stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel is conveniently close to the Guayaquil airport (a very short drive to the airport from the hotel, but a longer drive from the airport due to the highway route). National Geographic/Linblad Expeditions uses this hotel for pre-departure and post-departure stays for expeditions to the Galapagos Islands. My family of three stayed in rooms 307 and 403, for our two stays. The rooms were spacious. The beds were comfortable and had extra pillows. The bathroom is also spacious. The staff is friendly. The concierge will arrange safe taxi transportation to downtown for you; the rate is only $10 US per hour (recommendations: go see the Iguana Park, the boardwalk (Malecon), Barrio Las Peñas, General Cemetery). The US dollar is accepted at stores and restaurants.

We had inexpensive spa treatments ($65-75 for 60-minute massages). There is a large outdoor pool. There is poolside food and beverage service (Coco Bar). There are several restaurants at the hotel. We enjoyed one dinner at the Portofino Restaurant, which serves gourmet Italian food. Breakfast features a large buffet at the Café Colon (open 24 hours a day). There is also a sushi bar. Drinks are served at the Atrium Bar just off the lobby.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jandc8491
hiltonguayaquil, Hilton Colon Guayaquil at Hilton Colon Guayaquil, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We are very glad you had a great experience in our hotel and also visiting the city. Hope to be able to serve you and your family in the near future again.

Best regards

Hilton Colon Guayaquil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Quito, Ecuador
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a very bad experience at the HILTON Colón GUAYAQUIL the week-end of September 7-8.
Book a Suite on the Executive floor "2 QUEEN bed SUITE FL EXE" online (Hilton.com) for 2 adults and two children, Suite that we know well by having gone a dozen times in recent years. The web page of this Hilton.com also pointed out that this Suite has 96 square meters.

Arrive from Quito to Guayaquil with my children, my wife we would achieve more night. First send us in a little double room on the Executive floor. I return to the Executive floor reception to check if there was an error and the two young ladies on duty tell me that that is not, the reservation that I get them. I taught them in my Smartphone booking and the price that it corresponds more to a suite to a double room (US $ 401.38) but they didn't know anything! One of the young ladies told me: "this book is not of us, you did it online" (sic!) I will answer that they are Hilton, because it tells me that it is not theirs, and insisted on tell me that they get this reserve... Then spend an hour... I asked that you talk to a supervisor because I know perfectly what I book! I also said that if there were two Queen beds in the Executive Suite give me a King size bed and put me an additional bed for children. After a long wait, it seems that they realized a mistake because I got this Suite, without no apology, nothing professional!

Then they asked me back my credit card to make a new pre-authorization. And then bench him reject them. (Produbanco Bank). They asked me for another credit card, but just take my VISA GOLD card from my Bank in Europe. I asked to talk to the Bank "Produbanco" who said to me: "your credit card does not exist in our system because it is not of Ecuador"!!! Despite the explain that it is a VISA card that is valid worldwide and that I use every day without problem both in the Ecuador and other countries, they would not know anything, and clear the Hotel did not give me any solution. I propose to charge me for the night, trying to be there of an international system, and of course it worked with my same credit card! In that I spend another hour! Finally the girls apologized and I asked for compensation - always friendly, polite and patience - because I had never spent that and never had to wait 2 hours to register in a hotel! I was told that Yes, they would seek any compensation...

After a pleasant stay, excellent service staff in general except for the Executive floor reception, my wife Sunday 8 called on the Executive floor reception for a late check-up until 17:00 since our plane was later. That was around 13:30, and the Miss of the day agreed to our request.

16:30: We arrived at reception for the checkout and surprised to see a collection of more than USD 167.00 in the Bill for "Late checkout"... Helpful nothing professionally and to gross a newly Miss (Karina) who made us first wait 20 minutes to give us the Bill pass exchanging SMS with its cell phone... Not said who spoke earlier with us, that you don't know anything about, that maximum late checkout is until 16:00 and how we spent is charged... I explain to this person that you should consider what happened at check-in, which offered us compensation for the discomfort for 2 hours and the errors of the hotel, but said she doesn't know anything about... We asked to speak with the supervisor who never came (probably by Sunday was not in the hotel...), and after another long while talking on the phone agreed to eliminate this cost!

Everything that passed us both check-in and check-out was very unpleasant, received us nothing professional ladies, nothing prepared, which is strange for a hotel of this class and also on the Executive floor.

We feel that these people acted with orders to collect nothing else, everything that can be, and I marveled at how much of it to tell me that the reservation I made online is not them, but Hilton.com!

Unfortunately we will not go more to this hotel, it is not normal to have so much trouble for one night!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jphk
Miami, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Good hotel but needs a bit of update ex. rugs are old and AC look from the 90s, other than that. Great. The pool is amazing and the bar is very cool especially when theres a live band. The gym is good and the Jacuzzi and stem rooms are a plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night before leaving Equador. It is very close to the airport making it convenient for travellers. The rooms were nice, clean and modern. The only slight negative would be the "industrial" sort of feel especially in the bathroom. Nothing wrong with that but if you are looking for any character or charm, this is not your place. The pool is fantastic and very nicely heated. There is a swim up bar that serves great drinks and chips. The neighbourhood is not safe to walk. We were instructed to take a cab 3 blocks to a restaurant. Felt a bit silly. Had breakfast in the club lounge. Great variety and qualilty of food.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hiltonguayaquil, Hilton Colon Guayaquil at Hilton Colon Guayaquil, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest
Thanks for your comments. We hope to have you here again in the near future.

Regards

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The interior was very nice but bad location . You cant really walk to anything especially if traveling solo- The restaurants, bar and breakfast choices were great and the rooms very well kept. I chose this hotel because it was convenient to the airport.

• Stayed February 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed four days on business. Property is well maintained & appointed. Friendly, attentive staff. Not in the best neighborhood, but proximity to airport is a big plus. Airport shuttle more than adequate. Prices in the hotel restaurants are a bit over the top given what's available nearby, though convenience and variety make up for it. Wifi varies by floor and location - there's always a signal, but you'll change from "guest" to "restaurant" to "meeting room X" as you move about. Laundry service met expectations. < USD 5 to Malecon 2000 by taxi.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms seem to be quieter as they face a side street or pool area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim O
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Beautiful, modern hotel, 5-10 minutes from the airport. Large rooms, beautiful pool, numerous excellent dining choices, directly attached to a small, high-end shopping mall. Great spa and exercise room. Only downside was uneven staff. Some of the staff were quite friendly and incredibly helpful, while others clearly communicated that any requests were an imposition on their time. When we checked in and asked for a QUIET room, they put us in one directly below a room under renovation, so we had to listen to power saws and dropped tools for several hours. The front desk insisted that there were no others available but, after a visit to the manager, another room magically appeared. Also, the room across from us put their room service dishes out in the hall, and the dirty dishes remained there for over 24 hours. When we put ours out, they were picked up within 30 minutes. This hotel could clearly benefit for a more rigorous, and consistent, staff training, which is why I didn’t give it 5-stars.

Room Tip: The higher up the better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family