1,338 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeswim up barsteak restaurantclose to the airportgalapagos islandspre and postbreakfast buffetclub levelnice poolsushiboth timesvery nice hotelminutes from the airportrooms are largefree shuttlespasal
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The Hilton Colon Guayaquil is a very nice hotel located in the financial area of the city. It is a very quick trip from the airport – you can either use the complimentary airport shuttle if pre-arranged before your arrival, or you can use a taxi on the arrivals level that should cost you between $3-4.

When we arrived at the hotel, our luggage was put on a cart, and we walked towards reception. We were greeted with a cold towelette to cool us down from the humidity of the city. Since we were on the Executive Level, we were directed to the Executive Lounge where we checked in .

Overall, the staff here isn’t overly friendly. In fact, we know our Spanish isn’t the best, but every time we communicated in Spanish, the hotel staff would reply to us in English. How are we supposed to practice Spanish?

Our room was located right next to the Executive Lounge, which was convenient. The room itself was very bright, decorated in light woods and yellow tones. As always, the beds were very comfortable. The restroom was also nice and had a decent shower. There was a huge flat-plane TV in the room as well.

Right after we checked in, we received a knock on the door, and someone brought us a plate of small sweets. That was a really nice touch!

The Executive Lounge has food all day long. The breakfast buffet is really nice. It has a good selection of hot food, breads, cheeses, cereals, fruits, and juice. During the day, there are nice snacks out – sweets, chips, and drinks. There is also a happy hour, with complimentary drinks and a more snacks. The lounge itself has a great view of the airport and the city. There are many comfortable seats and a TV to entertain adults and kids alike. But be advised the staff likes to make all phone calls using the speaker phone, which is fine when turned down, but it tends to get very annoying.

Also, there is a nice rooftop patio on the ninth floor which has a nice view of the city. But I think you can only get here if you’re on the Executive Floor.

The hotel has many restaurants and bars, so there are many food options. There is also a very nice pool outside with a lot of chairs to lay out in the sun and enjoy the warmth of Guayaquil.

The location of the hotel isn’t the best, but it seems that anywhere anyone would want to go – either the airport, the mall, downtown Guayaquil – was about a $3 taxi ride each way. I’m certain it was expensive for Guayaquil, but coming from New York, I would pay $3!

Whether you’re a businessman or a family with kids, this is one of the best hotels in Guayaquil. It is large enough, but not too large, to make your stay here what you would like it to be. This Hilton is much better than the Hilton in Quito.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We stayed before and after a trip out to Galapagos Islands. The buffet for breakfast and lunch was very good and had a wide variety of food styles. The rooms were very good and up to expectations. We did not get to check out the area around the hotel, but it looked very commercial/industrial rather than tourist oriented. As a transit hotel, it serviced our needs well.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We arrived in Guayaquil very late and it was after 1:00 a.am when we cleared customs. A driver from the hotel was waiting for us. The clerk at the hotel greeted us by name and had us checked in in less than five minutes. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. The hotel has an adequate workout room, a nice bar, and a variety of restaurants. It was an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2011

The front desk is very helpful. The communications center is utterly amazing. I had some difficulty with my tour operator, and the communications staff, based solely on a chance sentence of mine, deduced when the tour company called that I was the party at risk and, even though I was not checked in yet nor known there by name, covered my needs with almost mind reading accuracy, and then tracked me down to tie me in. When you have a problem in another country and language, it is amazing and heart warming to have such a proactive and accurate advocate. They saved me hours of grief and fear of missed connections. Their buffet is interesting and purportedly Ecuadorean food. The room was all I could want. Really, nothing was any less than desired. It was my home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We spent 3 nights In Guayaquil on each end of a trip to the Galapagos. Shuttle service was excellent and efficient. The restaurant buffet was also excellent but the drink service was poor. The health and fitness area was well appointed. We were very disappointed with the staff service in general. The front desk folks were generally knowledgeable and well trained. The rest of the staff was surly and not engaged. The pool wait staff had to be reminded of an order numerous times. Coffee makers in the room either didn't work or weren't stocked. For such a beautiful facility with such a consistent brand, I'd think that the staff would be better trained.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple