1,338 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeswim up barsteak restaurantclose to the airportgalapagos islandspre and postbreakfast buffetclub levelnice poolsushiboth timesvery nice hotelminutes from the airportrooms are largefree shuttlespasal
Reviewed November 14, 2011

During trip to Galapagos Islands, I spent one night in room #928 and one day in room #914 at this wonderful hotel. Both my rooms are very clean and spacious with two double size beds in room #928 and a king size bed in room #914. The room is well equipped: plasma TV with cable system, coffee maker, mini bar, safety box, hair dryer and scale. Hotel provides a free bottle of drinking water for each day. There is a modern working area, very convenient for me to work on my computer. The electric socket is the same as the USA; broadband and wireless internet is available in the room.

There are many choices for food inside the hotel. Café Colon is a buffet restaurant, opens 24 hours a day, which is especially a good option for guests arrive late yearning for food. I had dinner at Kioto Sushi Bar, a Japanese restaurant, I was really thirst for noodle soup that evening, but there are no noodle dishes in that place so I ordered from my second choice – fried rice and miso soup. To my surprise, the food tasted as exact as I wanted to be. I did not have any Sushi but it looked very delicious and professional on my neighbouring tables. I guess Sushi must be the specialty as for the name of the restaurant. There is also a economical take out place adjacent to the hotel, you can go to this fast food place through hotel lobby, (next to Café Colon). I had a personal pizza, tasted delicious. By the way, it takes US dollars anywhere in the country.

Hotel is very close, about 5 minutes driving distance to the airport. Although it is not recommended to walk around in the city for tourists, there is a city tour can be arranged through the hotel. There is also a beautiful outdoor swimming pool and a fitness room inside the hotel.

Overall, Hilton Colon Guayaquil is very comfortable upscale accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Jane L
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here two nights on our way to and from the Galapagos. We arrived on an overnight flight from JFK and our room was available when we arrived at 9:00 a.m. It was clean, spacious, well appointed and had a great view of the city with ocean beyond. Not having much incentive to explore the city in view of the hotel's security warnings, we had a delightful day enjoying the expansive pool (with swim-up bar and submerged bar stools), a fitness center that must have been equipped by a Life-Cycle salesman with a blank check, and sampling three of the five (or more?) on-site restaurants. One is a 24-hour buffet that includes a vast array of nearly every food type imaginable, including eggs Benedict an in every other possible form, a carving bar, local cheeses, breads and pastries, tropical fruits and juices, and all sorts of local dishes. We also tried the excellent Susi bar and the grill room. For those so inclined, there is also a connected high-end shopping mall, with Cartier and similar cachet vendors. The hotel has a beautiful spa facility but we did not try it. The only negative we experienced was that only the front desk staff seemed to speak any English, so we quickly learned not to frustrate ourselves and the other employees by asking questions.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We spent one night here and the service was wonderful. The room was spacious and well laid out. The breakfast buffet was extraordinary with eggs benedict, numerous types of breads, fruit, meat, fish, and even peanut butter. I can not think of anything else that possible could have been at the buffet. Wonderful place to stay

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2011

An excellent place to stay between flights. The location is very convenient to the airport, although it is not in an area in which you want to go out and take a walk. They can arrange for tours of the riverfront area, which is quite attractive. A bit noisy on weekend evenings but beds are comfortable and the rooms have safes. The swimming pool area is attractive, but could use a bit more shade. My one complaint is that there seems to be no way in which they can be contacted by email. They have a shuttle from the airport; however it requires a reservation. Neither I nor my travel agent were successful in figuring out how to make one, since there is no on-line link. Fortuitously, when we arrived at the airport the shuttle was there waiting for someone else.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed in the hotel over a long weekend. Hotel is very well located just a few minutes by taxi from the airport and very close to 2 big shopping centers. Rooms are clean and well equipped. The executive floor rooms are in the upper floors of the hotel that guaranty you a fantastic view over the city by night. Food is just amazing, the selection on the breakfast buffet is huge and tasty just as the lunch buffet. Also the steak at the steak house was perfectly grilled. You also should try the snacks they offer at the take away shop Sal y Pimienta, a nice variety of tasty sandwiches and sweets either to eat directly there or to take with you when you go out to a trip. The service starting from the check in to the service in the restaurants and pool was very good, always friendly and very helpful with a good level of English what is not normal in Latin America even in hotels in this category. All around a perfect weekend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family