“Good Choice for a Downtown Hotel”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Guayaquil-Downtown
Ranked #16 of 62 Hotels in Guayaquil
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Have been at this hotel numerous times on business. It is an excellent choice if you are doing business downtown. Close to everything and safe at the same time. Good buffet, good value, good night's sleep, basically all you would require out of a hotel on business travel. I guess this hotel wouldnt work for anyone who would be soending much of their time around the Kennedy area or Sanborondon, but then again Guayaquil is a city you can access easily, distances are not large and cab rides are very affordable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Lorraine-Akel, Room Division Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Guayaquil-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear La_Decima

Thanks for your review and all your description about our hotel, city and all the details that you share with the Tripadvisor community, is our goal to have satisfied clients like you that enjoy and prefer our property

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Chose this hotel because I generally like to be in the heart of the places I visit. I'm no primadona and no stranger to roughing it a bit in a spartan hotel. This place really tries to be a nice hotel but it suffers from a few terminal problems.

Location. As other reviewers have mentioned, guests are advised not to venture out at night, which I've come to realize is the norm in Guayaquil. I have no problem being in a grungy, noisy downtown if I can get out and enjoy it.

Plumbing. Walking in the lobby we we immediately smacked in the face by the aroma of... shall I say, black water. My non-functional toilet reinforced my suspicion that there is a problem of some kind in this department.

Mold/mildew. Guayaquil is a humid place, but this joint was BAD. I usually don't really care about this sort of thing. The room reeked. They attempted to cover it up with a metric ton of industrial deodorizer, which had about the effect one would expect. I had a headache within about 2 minutes of bring in the room from either mold or chemicals or both. Two days later my stuff still smells like a pepto bismol factory exploded and triggered a chain reaction at the neighboring toilet bowl cleaner factory.

Moldy, $#!thole in a dirty, unsafe downtown. I hope that paints an adequate picture. At least the staff was polite and sympathetic. Oh, and breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank g150driver

Dear g150driver:

Thanks for share your comments with us, I am sorry about your experience during your stay, I will like to know more details about it, can I call you ? we need all the information that you can give us so we can make all the improvements for get a better impression for your next stay and will offer you a best hampton experience

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Conveniently placed hotel with modern spacious rooms and a good restaurant. The front desk however let the team down and were unhelpful on check-in and tried to split our family into two rooms 5 floors apart albeit we booked months ago. However once this was sorted by our travel company we enjoyed the stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Lorraine-Akel, Room Division Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Guayaquil-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Fiona-Hotstonmoore:

Thanks for share your comments with us, about your check in, please we want to contact you by phone, can you give me a number please ? is our intention to offer the best service in town, sometimes the high occupancy make this a little harder

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown, on a very busy shopping street. The hotel room was very clean. Internet reception was fast. As I was advised not to go out after dark by myself, I had dinner at the hotel restaurant. The staff was very polite and friendly. I ordered a seared tuna at US$17. It tasted fresh and good. Next day, I had breakfast (inclusive in room rate) at the same restaurant. They got ham, bacon, sausage, waffle and order-to-make omelette. The food was good, too. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Lorraine-Akel, Room Division Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Guayaquil-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Ydenw

Thanks for your review, we have Malecon 2000 only 3 blocks far away and is very safe and other touristic attractions close to the hotel... we hope that you can enjoy more during your next stay with us, we will be so pleased to give you tips

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night only, in connection with a business trip in Guayaquil. Well, it was excellent for my purposes. Location very good: 10-15 min from the airport and close to several restaurant (though most of them fast food type). The room was comfortable and clean, as usually at Hilton chain hotels. I did appreciate the gym facilities and the jacuzzi/sauna. Breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Alessandro C

Thanks for share your review and for your comments, it is important for us that you enjoy your stay but one of the most important thing is that we could be part of your great business trip and great experience in Guayaquil... we love having you here

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Very helpful staff, with most speaking good English. Comfortable room with bed a little hard, but most hotel beds are. Free Wi-Fi available and manager assisted when I had trouble connecting. Good breakfast as only stayed one night. Pretty good choice selection & good service from staff. Room was clean & spacious & bathroom good. In room safe was available which is handy if you don't want to carry all your valuables when you walk the streets. Staff also supplied me with a power plug adaptor free of charge, as I thought Ecuador was the same as Argentina & Chile. Great service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Phillip021

Thanks for your review and for your great comments about our staff and service, we feel so proud about it... the best reward for us are reviews like yours... because we can feel your satisfaction and that is our goal with each guest... please come back soon

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel is great for groups as well as others. Very friendly reception and staff who came out when our small coach arrived to make sure we were checked in with our luggage quickly. Rooms clean, quiet and offered all you need for a stay. Big rooms with lots of space and a good sized bathroom.

It is on a very busy street but once inside it is nice and quiet. I would bring a group back here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear ICanTravelPanama

Thanks for your review!!

We feel so pleased that you have a great impression about our staff, service and of our property, specially during your check in process.... Please let me know if you decide to visit us again... we love having you here