“good stay....”

Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Guayaquil
ubud
“good stay....”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Spent 3 nights here at different times. Polished hotel, well run. All amenities, gym, spa, business centre etc..super helpful staff. Very clean and spacious rooms and extra comfy beds. Good breakfast and ate in restaurant once which was really good too. Visit Las Penas while in town, really interesting neighbourhood and not too far to walk from the hotel. You must eat at Casa Azul...top seafood with top service....really really good!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jan497
Lorraine-Akel, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Guayaquil-Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear jan497:

Thanks for your amazing review.... we feel so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, Remember that our hotel is your home in Guayaquil.... We love having you here!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
aurora,co
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Great hotel and a great location! A couple blocks from the Malecon.

• Stayed June 2012
, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Guayaquil-Downtown, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear tazAurora_co:

Thanks for your review we expect that you come back soon.... we love having you here!!
Jamberoo, Australia
Reviewed June 27, 2012

only stayed 2 nights but rooms and facilities were good including free transport to airport at 5.30 am. My wife enjoyed a great massage for 22.50$on a half price deal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Guayaquil-Downtown, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear John G:

Thanks for your review.... We have great promotions in our Spa and different types of massages... right now we are promoting a massage with warm paraffin... remember that we love having you here!!!
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed just the one night on our way south and were quite happy with our choice. Rooms were large and spacious and very clean, breakfasts were healthy and quite a treat, wifi was fast and free. The location is hard to beat being just a short walk to all the main attractions of Guayaquil. My only complaint is the moldy smell that pervades the whole hotel from the foyer to the rooms which was enough to bring the star rating down to three.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Guayaquil-Downtown, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear moonflower59

Thanks for your amazing review, we can recommend you another activities for your next stay in Guayaquil... about the moldy smell we are working about it with our Maintenance Department... I am going to share your comment with our General Manager, Operational Manager, and Maintenance Manager.... We love having you here :)
Miami, FL
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Comfortable room at a reasonable price, located close to the heart of downtown, just in front of a busy avenue.
The staff is responsive and the cafeteria offers nice hot breakfasts. They are a bit pricey compared to downtown restaurants for dinners and--as a hotel establishment--have slow response so reserve at least an hour if you like to dine there from 7 pm to 9 pm
The hotel is five blocks from the Malecon, and six from Bolivar Square (city's center-point).
We left satisfied and happy about the service including an extra effort to deliver a take-off breakfast at 4 a.m.

Room Tip: If you prefer peace and tranquility, ask to avoid rooms with views directly to the avenue (Ecuadoria...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Louisianan_at_Miami

Thanks for your comment... please let me know more info about your stay (name, dates and room) I am going to share the info about the slow response in the restaurant with our Food & Beverage Manager to review your situation.... please come back soon... we love having you here :)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Handy to the river and the Cathedral and the park with the South American Tree Iguanas (opposite the Cathedral). Staff very helpful and friendly. Business centre has good internet and an early morning (prior to restaurant opening) was especially arranged for a very early departure. Rooms comfortable and clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear BongoBickford

Thanks for your review... we are very close to the most important tourist attractions in Guayaquil (walking distance)... Please come back soon we will be very pleased to recommend you another activities in Guayaquil
New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel looks nice and has a nice location. However, the standard of service and attention to detail is rather poor. The location is very nice and walking distance (5 minutes..) from the Malecon. There are many restaurants nearby and you definitely feel like you're in the middle of the city.

However, do not expect Hampton Inn/Hilton class service. We wanted to extend our stay by one night and when I asked the reception they said they'd let us know between 10-11am on the day. When I called at 10am they said there's a big group arriving so they're not sure of availability and they would let us know at around 12pm.

At 11.35am as I was near the reception, I asked them what the status of our extension was. The girl I was talking to asked her colleague (also reception staff) and she replied in Spanish "I already told him that I'll tell him at 12!!".

Certainly not alright for them to assume that we don't speak Spanish. Neither is it polite to display such an attitude at the reception in front of other guests who are checking in (who also probably speak Spanish).

There are other things in this hotel that make you feel like it's definitely missing the class it should have in service. For example: Everyday they will only give you one bottle of complimentary water. (we were in a superior king room and paying for 2 people)

Furthermore, every time I would order room service they would want to bill me for every purchase then and there. The mini bar is also empty. It appears that they have a policy of extending zero credit to the customer.

I don't mind if they take my credit card at check in (they didn't, I think since our stay was already paid for..) and then extend a credit line to me. It becomes annoying very fast to have to pay every single time we order something.

We ordered dinner on one night to the room and our plates were not cleared until 11am the next morning.

This place is fine for a night but don't expect stellar service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Fernando B, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Guayaquil-Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear MasJay, thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, our customer´s feedback is our best indicator that we´re doing a good job serving them and meeting or exceeding each and every one of their expectations. We are located at walking distance of the most important tourist attractions Guayaquil has to offer. I apologize if you felt we did not meet Hilton/Hampton standards, we do have a 100% guest satisfaction guarantee that can be applied if for any reason our guests feel we did not meet their expectations. Please allow me to answer each on of your comments on the review:

1) We´re always happy to extend a guest stay, however, our ability to do so depends on our availability. Our Front Desk staff did ask you to check back with them later on because we did have a big group coming in and we were fully commited. The only way that we were going to be able to extend your stay was by getting a cancelation, otherwise, we could not because we were at a 100% occupancy.

2)The response you got at the Front Desk by one of our recepcionist in Spanish and with an attitude saying that "she already told you to check back at noon" is totally unacceptable and disrespectful. I profusely apologize for that, she was written up for it and I guarantee you it won´t happen again.

3)The complementary water is not a Hilton or Hampton standard for all guests. If you are a Gold or Diamond member you do get 2 complementary bottles of water on the first day only (depending on the Hilton brand that you are staying at). This is something that I would encourage you to check prior to arrival as there might be certain hotels that do provide additional amenities but they are not necessarily our Standards. Finally, Hilton has several brands and each one of them have a different set of standards (Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites, Double Tree and Hampton). Please let me know if you need additional information regarding this matter and I´ll be happy to provide it to you.

4) The reason you were asked to pay for your room service order every time was because you were not asked for a credit card at check in (you should´ve, I will follow up with my Front Desk Manager regarding this matter); as such, you had no credit line with the hotel so every purchase had to be paid at the Point of Sale (restaurant, room service, spa, etc) and could not be charged to the room. I understand this could get annoying very quickly so I apologize for it.

5) Your dinner plates should´ve been picked up either late at night or early in the morning not at 11 am. I will follow up my Food & Beverage Manager regarding this issue.

I look forward to having you stay at our property once again, please contact me directly and I´ll make sure you´re very well taken care of and that the service you receive exceeds your expectations.