All reviews iguana park giant iguana ping pong great hotel pool area complimentary breakfast decent breakfast bottled water few blocks nice pool highly recommend this hotel welcome drink rooms are comfortable air con the entire staff the hotel staff definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

Perfectly maintained building, lovely and cleverly landscaped pool in limited area, with walls and terraces of greenery. The A C really works, the welcome drink is a great touch. Staff are well trained, and when there was a noise problem at one point, it was handled quickly and with grace to our satisfaction, which is a good sign.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 871harveym
Stefano P, General Manager at Grand Hotel Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear 871harveym,

This is an impressive review of your stay. We are so glad hear from you that your stay her at the Grand Hotel Guayaquil was outstanding.

We appreciate so much your time in post this comment and we hope to see you soon in Ecuador and of course in our hotel (smile).

Personal warmest regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2020

I will stay there again. Very nice rooms, breakfast and centrally located. Excellent staff was very eager to please me and my stay. A very nice pool awates you and your visit. Excellent for couples and for families.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stefano P, General Manager at Grand Hotel Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Dear Hugh,

Thank you to send us your feedback about our hotel. We are so happy to know that your stay was outstanding. We hope to have you here soon and, in the meantime, I send you my warmest personal regards.

Sincerely

Reviewed January 9, 2020

In my opinion The Grand hotel has an excellent price/quality ratio.
I will definitely stay here next time I am in Guayaquil. The location is great, the hotel and our room was very clean, the pool was cool and refreshing which was so needed in the heat of Guayaquil. The large colourful ceramic iguana above the pool is beautiful and a real asset in my opinion, as are the artworks all around the hotel.
The complimentary welcome drink in the bar was appreciated.
The included breakfast buffet was of very good quality I believe.
All of the staff of the hotel looked smart and were professional, and generally all were friendly.
Our room was very clean and excellent. The aircon was effective but very noisy and this is the only negative for the room. The linen and towels were of good quality and although the mattress was firm it was one of the more comfortable beds in the five weeks in Ecuador. The pillows were very good ie soft and not big and fat.
All in all a high quality hotel with good facilities at a reasonable price!

Date of stay: January 2020
Stefano P, General Manager at Grand Hotel Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Dear Jampnz,

This is a good new for us. We appreciate so much that our hotel matched your needs. Also thank you to consider our hotel for you next stay in Guayaquil.

Once again thank you to choosing us and we hope to see you soon.

Warmest personal regards

Reviewed January 4, 2020

This hotel is well sited for tourists being right behind the cathedral and within easy walking distance of the main tourist areas.
The staff on the door and on reception were delightful - really caring - nothing was too much trouble.
Our room was large and well maintained and the public areas were always clean and tidy.
I used the pool a couple of times early in the evening and had it all to myself. Again well maintained and clean.
The one area that I thought let the side down a bit was the breakfasts. I had fried eggs one morning and they were stone cold! I saw the chef bring them out so it's not as if they'd been on display for hours. Frankly it takes more than a tall hat to serve a decent breakfast.

Date of stay: December 2019
Stefano P, General Manager at Grand Hotel Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear Ian,

Thank You a lot for your kind feedback regarding our hotel. We are glad to know that your stay was comfortable and pleasant.

Additionally, we will take in high consideration your suggestion and opinion about our breakfast.

Once again thank you to choose us and we hope to see you soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 28, 2019

Our first trip to South America - we speak not enough Spanish. The tour company put us up in this hotel. Great choice by them. Clean, great staff, wonderful rooms. If you're plan is to venture the downtown and river area this is a great place to stay. While the area can be sketchy at night this place is secure and feels that way. Hotel bar and restaurant are both nice - good food, drinks and service.

Date of stay: November 2019
Stefano P, General Manager at Grand Hotel Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you for your opinion, we are glad to know that our hotel met your expectations.

Hope see you again in Ecuador and of course in our hotel.

Warmest personal regards