“Amazing stay at the Sheraton in Guayaquil near the airport”

Sheraton Guayaquil Hotel
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Guayaquil
Okotoks, Canada
“Amazing stay at the Sheraton in Guayaquil near the airport”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is first class, the king bed was so comfortable and the pillows were like clouds.....the room was quiet, large, great access to wifi and internet.....the people were very friendly and the lounge had great music.....our breakfast included almost anything you could think of on a buffet and you could order pancakes, omelets and all the fruit, juice and so much more.....I would go back in a heart beat.....it had a nice pool but alas we were there to late......my Daughter works for the airlines and it is one of her favorite hotels especially the beds and the pillows......hospitality and attention to details was supreme.

Room Tip: The room on the pool side was very quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Here on business for 5 days. Overall, I don't like chain hotels-I go for boutique or character. However, my hosts put me here. The executive suite was the best with full breakfast and happy hour with a personal attendant. I got sick my last day and had to stay another night. They asked if I wanted a doctor, called to check up on me etc. a note on this town: unless here on business, do not come to visit the city. Get out of town. While I worked, my husband tooled around. He read a lot. As to location, proximity to airport is good as well as across a mall made it very convenient for a maker, pharmacy and movie theater.

• Stayed May 2013
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight when other travel plans fell through. The Sheraton is near the Guayaquil airport, across from a modern mall, and surrounded by restaurants and shops. The room was well appointed but very small. Service was outstanding, with everybody from front desk, to bell service providing outstanding attention.

Room Tip: Ask for a front side room from the higher floors, and you get an excellent view of the local city li...
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is standard Sheraton, meaning excellent in most respects. I arrived well after midnight (thank you American Airlines) and was greeted at the front desk by a very nice young lady. As is with most hotels in South America, they love paperwork, and this hotel is no different. I signed my name 5 times on various sorts of redundant paperwork prior to getting my key. I did not like the fact that my room was uncomfortably hot upon arrival; it took most of the night for it to cool down, yet remained cool for the duration of my stay. The Club Lounge was nice, with the food being a step above most Sheraton lounges. The attendant was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The free airport shuttle was also appreciated. Not sure if I'll return to Guayaquil, but if fate takes me there, I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the airport, odd numbered rooms face the city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Sheraton is located very close to the Guayaquil airport. We called the hotel from the tourism phone board in baggage claim and the shuttle driver was waiting for us when we walked out with our bags five minutes later. Check-in was quick and painless. The room was standard Sheraton fare, nothing special. It was clean and the air conditioning was strong, which is a plus when you're out in the heat and humidity of Guayaquil! Every hotel employee we encountered was helpful and courteous. I can't think of any downsides, other than that people who want to be close to downtown might not like the 5-10 minute drive, but it didn't bother us. The hotel is located across the street from a large mall that has a ton of dining options. Overall, we were quite pleased with the Sheraton and will stay there again next time we pass through Guayaquil.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Normal business hotel close to the airport, good rooms , clean but with carpets ( a little bit smelly in my room on 2nd floor). Very friendly reception, good food and breakfast, but restaurants are not particularly cosy. You can always try the mall across the street. As other big hotels they provide a free shuttle from and to the airport. The city center and the walkway along the river (Malecon) are not close, you need a cab. Convenient for meetings, for sightseeing may be there are better choices.

Room Tip: Rooms at lower level to the street/square are naturally more noisy, which leaves you the choice betw...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Liverpool
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed there for 6 nights last week (mid-January 2013) and could not fault it. Service, particlarly at Reception, was excellent as was the breakfast quality and service. Bar was just as good. Rooms are large and very well equipped.....what more do you want?

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business