“Good for business”

Sheraton Guayaquil Hotel
Ranked #5 of 62 Hotels in Guayaquil
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Normal business hotel close to the airport, good rooms , clean but with carpets ( a little bit smelly in my room on 2nd floor). Very friendly reception, good food and breakfast, but restaurants are not particularly cosy. You can always try the mall across the street. As other big hotels they provide a free shuttle from and to the airport. The city center and the walkway along the river (Malecon) are not close, you need a cab. Convenient for meetings, for sightseeing may be there are better choices.

Room Tip: Rooms at lower level to the street/square are naturally more noisy, which leaves you the choice betw...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed there for 6 nights last week (mid-January 2013) and could not fault it. Service, particlarly at Reception, was excellent as was the breakfast quality and service. Bar was just as good. Rooms are large and very well equipped.....what more do you want?

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Leothescouser
Reviewed January 19, 2013

A very convenient airport hotel. The hotel was clean, had a nice breakfast and a friendly staff. There is a mall right across the road that has a decent food court, a super market and some decent shopping if you are in the mood for it.

Room Tip: There is some construction going on, choose one that does not have construction going on the same fl...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The location of the hotel is not bad if you are in town for business. Cross the walkway and you are at a mall – not bad. Very near to the airport but were not really bothered by noise from it. The noise from the renovation work on the seventh floor was bad thou. It was kind of the staff to inform me about this at my 2:00 am check-in, but it would have been better had they done it in connection with the booking (I would have opted for another hotel had I known)

The staff at the front desk spoke English and were very helpful and friendly. The guy at the club lounge also spoke English but seemed a little grumpy. The rest of the staff (at least the ones I met) spoke only Spanish. They all got that empty look in their eyes once they realized that I did not speak their tongue…..and then they continued addressing me in Spanish (I took that with good humor)

The hotel looks old. It smells kind of smell old too. It seems like it is one of those lavish hotels which has passed its grandeur many years ago. Still it is not really bad. It is my impression that the hotel standard in Guayaquil is low, so I will probably stay at this hotel again once I get back. The fact that this place received the Travellers’ Choice™ 2013 award says more about the award that it does about the hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a most pleasant stay--with a great room together with exceptional service.
At night sleeping is difficult due to noise from a local disco.
Breakfast is wonderful however we found DINNER to be a disaster--on 3 nights we walked out and went to alternate restaurants..
No one appears to be in charge in the restaurant at night--the meat joint is constantly DRY because it is placed under 2 very hot lights.
Many trays of food are dry or not replaced in time.
A total lack of control by chefs and management.
Why is WATER constantly served WARM and not ICE COLD
The Executive Lounge can only be described as SAD !
No one there --awful food and warm drinks.
The General Manager has been there for many years --is he due a move to a new location and let new blood take over with fresh ideas !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank IRELANDSMAN
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I had never been to Guayaquil so I looked on Tripadvisor to find a hotel. We didn't want to spend a lot of money, but decided to stay at the Sheraton. What a great choice. The staff was courteous and accommodating and speak English. Our plane arrived 2 hours late and I was afraid no one from the hotel would be at the airport. I'm glad I was wrong. We had 7 large suitcases so we were very happy to see the van driver from the Sheraton waiting for us at 2am. The room was comfortable and had all the amenities. The price was definitely worth the room and service. The only downside was the buffet breakfast. It was good, but not worth $20 per person. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Guayaquil. I know we won't stay anywhere else on our next trip through there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Thiis is my Second stay, after a 3 year abscense when the hotel was a Four points.
I can say that the hotels is showing its age. It feels as a old fourpoints, not a Sheraton.
For me a hotel hardware is most important, here I found a hotel room that is acceptable but showings its age. The batroom sink countertops looks old, the bathroom tub is very narrow and has non-slippery tape ( these were last used in the 90'). Wall tile also looks kinda old.
I stayed in the executive floor, rooms are big, but they feel empty. Furniture is not old, but needs renovation.
Now, I rated this hotel 3 stars because I was Charged more than $150 plus 22%tax. At this price, the price/ value, is definetly not there. At $100,which it was when it was four points, I would have rated it much better.

Also, I had trouble sleep with music blasting till 2AM. Worst still, i woke up several times during the night with door slamming and sharp noises, It was continiuos,so it seems a staff was doing the noise at 4am and 5am. This was really annoying, I felt the place was being robbed. Anyhow, The Doors are absolutly TOO Thin, you can hear EVERYTHING OUTSIDE.
Software is very good, same as Ecuadorian standard..

Now, i was told that they were beginning renovation 3rd and 4th floor, lets see how they do.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business