$131
$81
$70
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $81/night.

$85
  • Breakfast included
$70
$59
$76
$166
$112
Unipark by Oro Verde Hotels(Guayaquil)
$89
$47
Priceline
$94
Hotels.com
All reviewsiguana parkla canoa restaurantrestaurant upstairsslept like a babybeautiful cathedralgovernment buildingstwo blocksparque de las iguanascomplimentary cocktailan older hotelopen hoursstaff was very friendly and helpfullocal cuisineguayas riverperfect locationperfect staycomfortable hotel
Reviewed April 21, 2011

very conveniently located in the downtown area right at the "Leguan Park", Malecon and most sightseeing highlights in walking distance. Minor traffic noise. Hotel is basically American standard (hotel chains) without individual Ecuadorian charm. Free pick up at the airport. However, taxi rates are low (5-8 US $). Business center / internet access slow and not free of charge.

Good and ample breakfast buffet as well as decent restaurant at acceptable prices. Hotel room rates are quite high, for Ecuador overpriced and only justified by the central location. Recommended for the global traveller who prefers international standards.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2010

perfect - location, service, value - the Continental does it all perfectly, with the iguana park and cathedral next door and a lovely 24/7 cafeteria with local cuisine. Plus free cocktails and room service coffee!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank RaquelleA
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We did stay in our way to the Galapagos, is perfect spot, you have everything near by, I strongly recomend

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank RW7059
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Comfortable hotel near the Malecon waterside. Staff is really helpfull and the complimentary airport pick up and drop off is really nice especially if you arrive late in the evening. They have three restaurants, we tried two (one for breakfast and one for dinner)the food was very tastefull.
We wanted to have our laundry done but the laundry service was closed for the weekend, so the bell boy took our clothes to another Laundry and we got it back within 6 hours.
Your are opposite a park with loads of Iguanas.
Rooms are ok, nothing special. You do have a lot of space. Can be a little bit noisy due to traffic and music.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Continental for a night either side of our trip to Galapagos. On the way over we stayed in a junior suite with a king size bed. The room was quite spacious and clean; the bed comfortable; and there was cable TV and a safe in the wardrobe. The only negative was that the air conditioner was aimed right at the bed and I could have done without having cool air blown onto my face all night. On the way back from Galapagos we requested a standard double room, which was a little cheaper. The room was slightly smaller but all other inclusions were much the same as the junior suite. We had expected a double bed but instead got two beds, neither of which was a double but rather slightly oversized single beds - definitely not for two people. The room should be marketed as twin beds, not double beds. I probably should have complained but we decided to go with the flow. The air conditioner was not aimed directly at the beds, which was a plus. Otherwise there was plenty of hot water in both rooms and a very good supply of toiletries. The hotel was very quiet.

The location is great. The hotel fronts a small park in which were lots of iguanas. large turtles and other wildlife. Across the other side of the park was the cathedral. The Malecon was two or three blocks walk away. The taxi from the airport to the hotel cost US$5, and the hotel provide complimentary transport to the hotel on departure.

A couple of annoyances. I booked the hotel through Expedia and got what I thought was an excellent rate. Unfortunately we subsequently found that no taxes or service charges were included in the rate quoted. So we actually paid 22% more than we thought we were going to pay True, Expedia noted that the quoted price may or may not include taxes but I have booked many rooms all around the world through Expedia and I can't remember any where the price quoted was not all inclusive. I don't know if the same is the case for other hotels quoted by Expedia for Guayaquil but it may be useful to not this when comparing value of the various options. I still thought it was good value.

My second annoyance concerned their 'complimentary' room inclusions. After check-in we were given our key card and also a small note that listed what appeared to be complimentary services, such as free coffee and free ironing. Also noted on the list was breakfast, and I specifically asked the girl at the counter was it included because I didn't think our rate included breakfast, but she said everything was included. So next morning we had breakfast, and of course I was duly charged for it. We had intended to have breakfast anyway (and had expected to pay) so I didn't make too much of a fuss but I pointed out to the male receptionist that the note, and the information I was given, were very misleading. He agreed. So if you pay an internet price don't expect complimentary inclusions, notwithstanding the note they give you on check-in implies otherwise.

The Continental is a good standard hotel and even after including the taxes etc, was still good value.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple