Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil
$74
$70
  • Breakfast included
$126
Unipark by Oro Verde Hotels(Guayaquil)
$81
$65
$76
$80
$67
$53
$47
All reviewsfood courtshopping malldirect accessclose to the airportmall del solcenter cityalmond milkroom servicepleasant hotelhuge mallshuttle busmini barnext morninglocation is greatcomfortable bedshot watergalapagos
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here on our way to the Glapogas and again on our way back. The hotel is excellent. and really convenient for the airport. Our room was large, clean, with all the trimings. Had a great night's sleep both times.
Also, we were able to store luggage safely in the store room whilst we were in the Galpogas. The staff were really helpful, polite and friendly, particularly in the dining room and at reception.
The food at dinner was excellent but the breakfast was a little disappointing.
Good gym and swimming pool and a direct lift into the shopping mall and other restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie058
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great Hotel!!! You can tell as soon you get there it is a brand new property, I was in Guayaquil for business for the first time and this stay exceeded my expectations. First, it is conveniently located very close to the airport (great airport by the way) and a friendly hotel shuttle picks you up at the terminal. This Hotel is sited in one of the best shopping mall in Guayaquil. It is a huge mall with a gigantic food court. Also, there are several restaurants and a big supermarket, many stores and movie theaters.
I only used the Hotel restaurant for breakfast because I had to leave early. This restaurant opens at 6:00 a.m. with a decent buffet with local dishes (including ceviche) and a great variety. The service at the front desk was excellent and the rooms are great; I stayed in a very spacious double bed room. I was worried about the noise but it was very quiet, even though the hotel is close to the airport. The bathroom was very clean with everything you need. In general the Hotel is well kept. The Hotel has a new and well equipped gym and a spa. The internet is not bad.

Room Tip: Careful with taxis.. Only used hotel transportation
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Taking advantage of the weekend deal for one night (possible on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays), it turned out a surprisingly nice experience. It's right next to a big shopping mall to catch up with daily amenities while travelling.

The relatively new hotel has excellent staff, great equipment, and is spotlessly clean.The only thing we would not consider perfect may be the relatively small swimming pool .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisTobias
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a night. I expected more after read all about this hotel in there website and Tripadvisor.
Room had nice veiw.
I liked little special touches in the bathroom - little toiletry bag to take home. Also was nice to find in the room complimentary 2 bottles of water.
Breakfast was just o'k, nothing "spectucular".
I hoped for a bathtub in the hotel of this class, but did not get it - shower only.
In the morning, when I asked for the cab to go to the Terminal (bus station), hotel staff called a very ugly old car for me (without any signes on it) and I sure did not enjoy that ride.
This new hotel could do better than that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Sonesta H, Gerente at Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

We are grateful for having the time to let us know your comments. It is very important for us to know how was your stay with us. Your evaluation will help us to continue improving our service that our guests deserve. We hope to see you soon. If you have any question, suggestion or additional requests, please contact us, we will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Santiago Galarraga C.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Im in this hotel today sept.13,I can't believe the service,it's is awesome,this is truly the best hotel in Ecuador ,I've stayed in good hotels but this one is just above the rest,the food is fresh,the rooms are spotless,the Internet works good,good tv channels,the ac is ice cold,there is nothing I would change of this hotel,I recommend this hotel to everyone.I'm in the 7th floor and I hear no noise,even though it's next to the airport I do not hear any noise from planes.This is what a hotel should be,I love it.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank superkatto
Sonesta H, Gerente at Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear guest,

We are grateful for having the time to let us your pleasant comments. It is very impotant for us to know how was your stay with us. Your evaluation will help us to continue providing you a high service that our guests deserves. We hope to see you soon. If you have any question, suggestion or additional requests, pleas contact us, we will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,