“Clean” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 72 Guayaquil B&B and Inns
Westminster, Colorado, United States
“Clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Very clean. Very basic. Only spent one night so we'd be close to the airport. Only one or two choices for dinner nearby. Got up early, asked for a cab. They hailed the guy across the street. Worked out great.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

his is my honest opinion of the place.
location: 15 min walk from the bus station or airport. Catch a taxi to the city - $4 USD
customer service: Spoke little and no English from staff. Not very helpful
cleanness: place was clean and tidy.
bathrooms: Dorm had own showers and toilet.
Bedroom:Quite small with small lockers for personal items. You need to store your stuff under the bed.
extras: 2 computer as well as WIFI was fast and available at reception. Kitchens was big with all the kitchen items and a big fridge.
Noisy: very quite,
Breakout area: decent and outdoor.
Suggestions: bigger lockers

Room Tip: there are private rooms that expensive.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MrOzboy
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had booked on line, paying the 25%, and had asked them to pick me up at the airport. The arrival was in the wee hours of the morning. Everything on line said that it was close to the airport. No one spoke English, I was brought to a horrible part of town to an apartment. The sheets did not look clean. The next morning, while waiting for my ride, I tried to find food. There was nothing in the area, and not even a cup of coffee in the apartment. My ride was very late because no one at the Murali would answer the door. He was there over an hour, thinking I was there. He finally found someone who explained that I was moved. They ignored that I had paid the deposit, unfortunately I didn't have a hard copy for proof. They had no system set up to explain anything to my friend, who came from Vilcambamba, speaks perfect Spanish.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RetteT

Travelers are raving about these Guayaquil hotels

Quito, Ecuador
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

For travelers enroute or connecting it is very close to both the bus station and airport. Otherwise the area is somewhat industrial, not good for walking, and some distance away from central Guayaquil. Spacious comfortable rooms with air conditioning and private bathrooms with hot water. The older home conversion features some beautiful wood carved doors and stair railings. The simple breakfast is not served if you arrive " one minute " past 9:00 a:m. Deposit and reservation system requires attention as ours seem to have gone missing. We found it overpriced for accomodation in Guayaquil.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I arrived from Bogotá at 1 am. I was glad to have made arrangement to be picked up. It is my second time at the hostal, and the service is excellent. The breakfast was simple but delicious (and free). Fermin welcomed me, showed me the room, started the A/C. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating.

The room are clean, nice and comfortable. If you like flat pillow, make sure to bring your own.

For my family and I, Murali is the place to stay overnight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in Hostel Murali for one night, we chose this hostel as we were arriving in Guayaquil Airport in the early evening and we had an early bus to catch the next morning, Murali is close to both the bus station and airport so it suited us

The hostel itself is good, rooms were spacious and clean, the staff were all very helpful and friendly, the area isn’t the best and I wouldn’t fancy walking about there at night, I also organised an airport transfer through the hotel, despite emailing the hostel the night before we flew to Guayaquil to re-confirm it was booked nobody turned up at the airport to pick us up, they did get back to me when I emailed them the night before we flew as well saying someone would be there to meet us, it wasn’t a big problem for us just a bit annoying

Breakfast was provided in the hotel and was fine, toast, scrambled eggs and coffee

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was recommended Murali by a good friend of mine who had stayed there before and so I made a reservation through booking.com and received an email of confirmation by the hotel. When we arrived at Guayaquil we got a taxi and arrived at Murali's. We told them we had a reservation but they said they were full and unceremoniously told us to look for another place to stay at. After a full day of travel being treated like this without even a recommendation to another place was just bad.
Last word: Unreliable.