“The best you will find..”

Courtyard Guayaquil
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Guayaquil
Boston, Massachusetts
“The best you will find..”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff are hard working and make their best effort to accommodate. The rooms are clean and very simple in set up and amenities. The breakfast bar and food selections are good. I especially enjoyed the fruit and fresh squeezed juices,I have stayed here a total of three times and with the proximity to the airport it's an easy trip. I like the security which is tight and very present. This is a great place to stay when traveling with small teams. I had 12 in my detail, and things went swimmingly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Michigan
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My home away from home in Guayaquil. Outstanding service, very convenient to airport, San Marino Mall and the Mall del Sol. As taxis are 5 bucks from the airport and it is all of 5 mins there is no need to stress the shuttle but, given the excellent service and English speaking staff, I can't imagine that they would fail to show if you confirm flight arrival time, etc.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better hot water. Also free laundry on 16 is a great perk.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel has a clean room and comfortable. Pick up via taxi at airport went smoothly. Taking the shuttle did not. Very disappointed, we requested the free shuttle when we checked in. They said no problem. Wake up early and then apparently it was reserved by airline personnel, no mention of this at check on. Plus there was plenty of room in it. Don't believe the front desk. They tell you one thing and do another. At least they do it in a friendly way?!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I are expats living in Ecuador. We periodically have overnight stays in Guayaquil while traveling back to the U.S, or on our way to a vacation in Europe, etc. We have stayed at the Marriott numerous times, and have no need to stay at any other hotel. The Marriott is very modern and attractive, with a friendly and competent staff, only a couple of minutes drive from the airport, within walking distance of one of Guayaquil's largest and newest malls, all at a competitive price. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Most rooms have expansive views, and the views from the top floors are spectacular. BUT, some rooms...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Castles-in-Cuenca
Quito
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,960 helpful votes
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have made my mind and organized my seminar in this property, and was a good decision at the end of the day. I got a perfect room, very spacious to hold my forum and got enough space to sustain several workshops when I need to break into, without the need to re-arrange the tables and chair for the forum.

Since I lost this year my GOLD level and came back to Silver, I was not supposed to be entitle to an upgrade in my room. Nevertheless, they have offered me a better del even than before, they provided me with the biggest standard room that became larger and more comfy than a suite! kudos for this.

People were just fantastic, very friendly and accommodating from front desk to restaurant and function rooms, I command these people for such a wonderful work!

My only recommendation, but quite important thing they should definitely change to be perfect is their food and wine choices. I really got disappointed with their choices both a la carte and functions packages. I would definitely come back to this property for staying and organizing more events if they talk to the chef and improve this matter that matters to me.

Thank you for all the support received!

Room Tip: Look for rooms at the corner, much more spacious than the rest.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank idrovoviva
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were treated totally professional. Everytime we went by the front-desk, we were called by our names. That was a real surprise to both of us. The beds were comfortable and we had connections to the internet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Didn't get off to a great start when my airport shuttle failed to turn up so I had to get a cab from the airport, but on arrival I found the hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Good size room, clean, comfortable bed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo