“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Guayaquil
Cuenca, Azuay, Ecuador
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil had more than we expected for amenities. The beds were exceptionally comfortable, the rooms themselves were excellent and very clean, there were extra pillows and of course, no face clothes. Having a bath in the tub proved to be a disappointment and an inferior experience as one needed to use the shower to fill the tub. The staff was very professional to a high degree and made you feel welcome. I was a little irritated with the staff helping us into a taxi with our luggage because it seemed like he was expecting a tip. That's always unacceptable. I can manage my own bags thank you. Taxi from the hotel to the bus terminal was $6. The trip is not that long. After questioning the driver on the rate he showed me the current taxi rates which showed $6. I then paid him $6 and thanked him.

This hotel is not for working class people, which I am. I likely will not stay there again because of the cost. Despite the discounts we received, our bill for one night was $102. If you are OK with spending a few dollars on a hotel, I would definitely recommend this hotel. You will have a nice experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Recently spent a couple of nights here on business. Was very excited as I was upgraded as a Marriott Rewards Plat to room 1505, which is a HUGE corner room with an excellent view of the city.
I had to take an overnight flight, so I needed to sleep in the afternoon... Somehow, somebody decided that putting some sort of storage room on the 16th floor, right above the rooms would be a good idea.
So the banging of items being moved lasted for hours from 3-6pm...Right above my room.
Front desk was very gracious in dealing with this... but still, this storage room needs to be relocated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It has been a year since my last visit to Ecuador. Last August I stayed just one day during my trip. I had such a good experience; I gave the hotel another try. This time I stayed two days on arrival in Guayaquil and another day when I left. Once again, I found the staff excellent and very friendly, helpful with all my requests and special needs. Everything was in good working order; the room was neat and comfortable. The location is great close to the airport, but not bothered by noise. The bar is small but comfortable and relaxing for meetings. The Restaurant is OK, food is good but not outstanding. If you are traveling through Guayaquil and need a very good transit hotel on the way to your final destination, I strongly recommend the Courtyard. Some strong pluses are the roof top deck and exercise room. And a great "Guest Laundry" is available.

Room Tip: Great view from the top floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Quito
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,959 helpful votes
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This kind of brand new property provides good facilities, comfy, quite and clean rooms at a reasonable price. Nearby you have restaurants, pubs and some malls where you can spend your leisure time.

Food is quite good and breakfast is just at par. Staffs were super friendly and accommodating, and they have a shuttle going back and forth to the airport, although does not run 24 hours and you have to book it in advance prior your arrival. Their bar needs improvements as is not conducive for staying at and to enjoy some drinks.

Room Tip: "Rooms at the higher floors have better views"
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
14 Thank idrovoviva
Cali, Colombia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was near the airport. The staff sent two secure taxis for our family since we were arriving after midnight when the shuttle was no longer running. This was much appreciated since taxi service in Guayaquil is not always safe and/or secure. This was not the nicest Marriott I have ever stayed at, but for a Courtyard it was what I expected. I was surprised that there was no fee for the shuttle as the hotel was close to the airport but not directly beside it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MaS1983
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel sent a taxi to get us at the airport since hailing one by yourself in Guayaquil is not a good idea. The hotel itself was wonderful, the beds soft, the food good and the bar rather odd, I bumped my head on the decor. And for you Mormons, there is a book of mormon in the bedside table drawer. Ha!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
grand rapids, minnesota
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spent a night this past week at the Courtyard by Marriott. Pluses are that it is very clean and the rooms are comfortable and quiet. The location is also very convenient not only to the airport but it is within two blocks of two large malls and a wide variety of restaurants and theaters, etc. The staff were also great about giving us a late checkout (4 pm) which was awesome since we were traveling with a baby. Didn't eat in hotel since restaurants were pricey ($13.99 for breakfast buffet) but lots of choices nearby. Small rooftop pool is nice and the gym on top floor offers great city views (as did our room). Perhaps the only drawback is that the decor is kind of cold and impersonal, but it is a good hotel in a city which offers several other nice properties.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view. They have plenty.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family