Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil
Travelocity
$80
$61
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssan marinoclose to the airportfloor to ceiling windowstop floorhotel staff isbusiness staywalking distancespecial thanksexcellent choicerooms are cleanshopping mallhotel shuttlebreakfast buffetrooftop poolbusiness or pleasurefront desk staffgreat view of the city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It has been a year since my last visit to Ecuador. Last August I stayed just one day during my trip. I had such a good experience; I gave the hotel another try. This time I stayed two days on arrival in Guayaquil and another day when I left. Once again, I found the staff excellent and very friendly, helpful with all my requests and special needs. Everything was in good working order; the room was neat and comfortable. The location is great close to the airport, but not bothered by noise. The bar is small but comfortable and relaxing for meetings. The Restaurant is OK, food is good but not outstanding. If you are traveling through Guayaquil and need a very good transit hotel on the way to your final destination, I strongly recommend the Courtyard. Some strong pluses are the roof top deck and exercise room. And a great "Guest Laundry" is available.

Room Tip: Great view from the top floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This kind of brand new property provides good facilities, comfy, quite and clean rooms at a reasonable price. Nearby you have restaurants, pubs and some malls where you can spend your leisure time.

Food is quite good and breakfast is just at par. Staffs were super friendly and accommodating, and they have a shuttle going back and forth to the airport, although does not run 24 hours and you have to book it in advance prior your arrival. Their bar needs improvements as is not conducive for staying at and to enjoy some drinks.

Room Tip: "Rooms at the higher floors have better views"
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
14  Thank idrovoviva
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was near the airport. The staff sent two secure taxis for our family since we were arriving after midnight when the shuttle was no longer running. This was much appreciated since taxi service in Guayaquil is not always safe and/or secure. This was not the nicest Marriott I have ever stayed at, but for a Courtyard it was what I expected. I was surprised that there was no fee for the shuttle as the hotel was close to the airport but not directly beside it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MaS1983
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel sent a taxi to get us at the airport since hailing one by yourself in Guayaquil is not a good idea. The hotel itself was wonderful, the beds soft, the food good and the bar rather odd, I bumped my head on the decor. And for you Mormons, there is a book of mormon in the bedside table drawer. Ha!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spent a night this past week at the Courtyard by Marriott. Pluses are that it is very clean and the rooms are comfortable and quiet. The location is also very convenient not only to the airport but it is within two blocks of two large malls and a wide variety of restaurants and theaters, etc. The staff were also great about giving us a late checkout (4 pm) which was awesome since we were traveling with a baby. Didn't eat in hotel since restaurants were pricey ($13.99 for breakfast buffet) but lots of choices nearby. Small rooftop pool is nice and the gym on top floor offers great city views (as did our room). Perhaps the only drawback is that the decor is kind of cold and impersonal, but it is a good hotel in a city which offers several other nice properties.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view. They have plenty.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family