“""I loved this Hostel, thanks for organizing my trip to Galapagos""”

Hostal Suites Madrid
Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Guayaquil
“""I loved this Hostel, thanks for organizing my trip to Galapagos""”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

The hostel is just wonderful colonial decoration with tiles rich of color, the whole place is equipped with FREE high speed WI FI; everything is complete clean and smells really good. They have a beautiful terrace where you can relax.

They make my trip unforgetable because they organize my trip to GALAPAGOS a completely paradise. Suites Madrid staff is amazing full of knowledge; and always trying to help you, ask for last minutes to Galapagos, they will have all the patience and time to assist.

The best place at Guayaquil........

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

Our plane arrived in Guayaquil at 6am, and we checked in to Suites Madrid at 8am. We dropped our bags off in a room without windows, that smelled strongly of cleaning solution, and tried to shower in the bathroom without a shower curtain or a working overhead light. After taking a quick rest on the hard beds, we headed out to see the sights of Guayaquil.

By the afternoon, we realized that we would prefer to travel on to Cuenca, rather than staying in our uncomfortable hotel. We checked out of the Suites Madrid at 3pm, but were still asked to pay the full price ($40) for our room, even though we did not sleep there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Guayaquil hotels

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

I stayed in this place twice while passing through Guayaquil. The decor is really cute and cheery throughout (including the rooms) and the staff were very helpful. However, on a Saturday night, the local nightclubs and general traffic noise can make it hard to sleep. Take an inner room if you can't take the noise (but note, these rooms have no windows!) The location is very handy and the attached cafeteria is a nice spot for breakfast or lunch. Defintintely a recommendable hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

Very helpful staff, spacious, clean rooms, and hot water for a great price. It's clear these guys are trying to build a business through reputation. If you are wanting to sleep in, ask for a room near the back of the hotel off the main street.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Asuncion, Paraguay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

Lovely hotel in a great central location. Helpful staff some of whom speak English. Great wifi included in the price. Nice HOT showers, and really clean rooms which makes a nice change. Only 2 blocks from 9 de Octubre which is the road that has lots of shops etc on and leads to the Malecon.

The only issue is that it is a noisy area, but that is a consequence of its central location, bring some ear plugs!

Would certainly stay here again and am happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

We stayed here in Guayaquil for one night before flying off to the Galapagos as the prices were rather affordable (at 20 bucks per person). The staffs were very nice and extremely hospitable. The rooms we had (one triple, one double) were spacious, clean and simple, though the floors were not as dust-free as I would expected it to be. One definitely cannot walk around barefooted in the room at all. The beds were ok for a simple night's rest though I think anything more than 2 nights will not be ideal.

Location wise, the place do not have any cafes or restaurants near it from what I had seen (we ended up going to Continental Hotel for an amazing dinner of Ecuadorian food at one of their cafes, and I highly recommend that place). But, if you are into clubs, this hostel is great as the stretch of road along the hostel is lined with numerous bars and clubs. We were there on a Saturday and the place is so lively.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Zaruma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

a few hours after i had checked out i realized i had forgot my watch(my fault). immediately I called them to let them know I had left it there. They told me that they had found my watch and would hold it for me as long as i needed. 3 weeks later I drove 4 hours to get my watch only to find that they had switched it for a much less expensive watch that vaugley fit the description. Thanks ALOT.

Another problem we had was we asked them to relay a message to our driver telling him to pick us up at suites madrid NOT hotel 9 de octobre. On the day our driver arrived he went to 9 de octobre, I ran over there to get him. The driver told us that suties madrid had called him but had not mentioned suites madrid at all. Again thanks.

Other then that, the hostel is in a bit of a shady dirty neighborhood. Music and car horns seem to go all night. However 3 blocks away (on 9 de octobre) everything is clean and in my opinion much safer.

The rooms are pretty nice(aside from the rock hard beds and pillows). Very nice floors and walls. Air conditioning works well. Breakfast for a couple dollars was pretty good as well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business