“Crabs! The Best Food in Guayaquil”
Review of Red Crab

Red Crab
Ranked #16 of 554 Restaurants in Guayaquil
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2017

The restaurant is clean although the decor is fairly sparse. None of the wait staff speak English, but then again it is we who should attempt to order, at least, in the local language (Spanish).

There is a good selection of crab offerings. The crabs are as fresh as they could possibly be and they taste terrific. This is, in my opinion, a "must do" dining experience for any traveller to Guayaquil.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

What I like about eating crab is that it is different in whatever part of the world you eat it and in this place you can eat a local delicacy that is a small crab from the mangrove swamps in the coast of Ecuador. This is an upmarket place to eat it within a set of other local dishes. I enjoyed it

Reviewed March 24, 2017

Restaurant is close to my new apartment so I decided to stop by to check it out. Hardly anyone there, so we sat where we wanted and were served quickly. Big menu so it took some study to figure out what was good for a Wednesday night meal. Some dishes were quite expensive, but we found some moderately priced items that were very tasty.

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

In a nice but a bit formal atmosphere you can enjoy all kinds of seafood, above all the different preparations of crab.
Service is excellent, but the waitors are very strict and formal. No smiles or laughs. Perhaps a habit of the Ecuadorian restaurant personnel. We tried fish and crab. Taste was all right, but noting special. We had tuna and natural cooked crab, to kill with a hammer. They provide plastic covers against splashing your clothes.
The tuna plate was excellent. The restaurant is decorated with lamps and pictures based on maritime life.

Reviewed November 6, 2016

I went with a group of about 15 people. What we ordered for us was a wide variety of different seafood specialties. Here is the catch. Personally I don't really care for any type seafood, but not wanting to be difficult, or a pain in the you know what I agreed to eat whatever. To my surprise everything was actually fairly decent, for someone who only likes red meat. Coming from me this is a tremendous compliment. My hat is off to the chefs at the Red Crab.