“Great Tour with Fantastic Guide”
Review of DestinaTour

DestinaTour
More attraction details
Owner description: Private guided Tours in Croatia with experienced English speaking guide/driver in A/C car or minivan. Delights and sights for your most joyful experience! DestinaTour is Your one-stop agency for private guided tours. We provide an exquisite travel tourism experience as the best thing to do in Croatia for your leisure and pleasure! See, feel and taste real Croatia. We will tailor the Tour to your preferences, desires and your budget. Meeting locals is always more rewarding and far more interesting than just driving on your own and not having a clue where you are, what are you seeing and what else can be done. We look forward to showing you our beautiful country.
Reviewed March 10, 2016

Plitvice Lakes are by the far one of the most stunning places that we've ever seen. Especially in a company of someone experienced and very knowledgeable like our guide Max from Destinatour is. I'm so glad we took the tour with a private guide on the Lakes. Our guide really gave us a personal tour taking us sometimes off the beaten paths, pointing out interesting sights, making us laughing but also giving some serious answers and explanations to our questions - not just ours, many times some other visitors tried to find some interesting facts. Especially about the waterfalls and unexpected grass and moss on them. Our guide Max made this trip so special. Some friends asked us before this Tour why we need a guide to enjoy the nature. But, now, when I have this experience, I can just confirm: Extra money for a private tour was one of the best investments on a whole trip to Europe. I can't recommend you enough this private guided Tour of Plitvice Lakes. Thumbs up!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
6  Thank Albert B
max_cro, Manager at DestinaTour, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2016

Thank you for your time to make such a great review! What you describe is certainly the type of experience we strive to provide to each of our guests! We are very happy to hear about your positive experience and we hope you will join other of our private tours in the near future! Thanks again for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

All the best,

"excellent driver"
"zagreb airport"
"oysters"

Reviewed February 15, 2016

Really amazing trip. DestinaTour did an amazing job and meeting all our needs. Routes, accommodations and explanations of the history behind the castles, medieval cities, and everything around us. Our guide, Max, taught us about the culture, the language, the habbits. Max took us back in history. He was fun and knowledgeable. We got enough history to make my history buff wife happy. We saw all of the must sees while in Croatia. Max quickly became part of our family and not just our tour guide! He is our friend now. We had excellent local food which he helped order and an overall wonderful time. I can't say enough good things about Max! A true local - very fun, and informative at the same time. Even before our tour, I knew it would be a great experience because of the contact with Max. Great and quick response, precise answering any questions and providing assistance before we come to Croatia.
DestinaTour did help us plan a 14 day private tour of Croatia. This is really an outstanding tour company that we highly recommend!
Our tour was flawlessly planned and organized! Very professional, well organized, on time, kind, and caring. Our hotels and private accommodation (especially on Plitvice lakes) were exceptional Sunset in Zadar was terrific. Everything was perfect, from the first day, when Max met us in Zagreb This was fantastic two weeks tour. Don't hesitate. Great to experience a part of the Europe we might have otherwise overlooked. Surprising food in Croatia
Thank you Max, very much, from Jude and Ed

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
8  Thank 20edwin
Dubravko F, Owner at DestinaTour, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2016

Jude and Ed,

thanks for taking your time to write this great review.
The pleasure was mine, to show you our beautiful country. I'm so glad that you consider me now as your friend. That's exactly why we travel... To be more reach...in experience and in friends!

Reviewed January 26, 2016

And we expected a lot. Pick up and drop off at our hotel after this great day tour seemed to US just like a second. it was so interesting, informative and fun. Zagreb is really nice central European town, wine tour was real fun and more than worth All communications and payment arrangements were great. And our guide Dean was great, very knowledgeable with excellent English and prepared to tailor tour to fit in with our exact requirements. It was our best day in Croatia.

7  Thank Tarabmw

Hi,
thank you for such a nice words. I'm so glad to hear that a day with Dean was your best day in Croatia. I was hoping that's not just because of great wine and food. :-)
Thank you and you are welcome to come back to Croatia any time.

Reviewed January 9, 2016 via mobile

Wow!! That's all I can say. I have never taken any kind of private tour, and I had no idea if it would be my 'thing.' I love traveling solo and exploring at my own pace but there were just too many variables in this trip, and I didn't want to take a chance that I would miss a train connection or get stressed driving solo trying to cover such great distances in limited time. Max to the rescue! He really exceeded any expectations I might have had. From our initial emails (mostly questions from me, answers from him,) he proved that he was thorough in everything he did. He wants each traveller to have the best possible experience.

Originally, I booked a guided tour of Lake Bled/Ljubljana (day 1) and a round-trip transfer to Plitvice Lakes (day 2.) About two weeks before my arrival in Budapest, where my European adventures began, train service between between Hungary and Croatia was suspended. I was ready to book a flight to Zagreb through Munich and waste at least a half of a day in airports. Max offered a transfer from my hotel in Budapest to my hotel in Zagreb --and instead of looking at an airport gate door, I would enjoy a gorgeous view of the Croatian countryside, complete with castle visits along the way. It was truly a great introduction to Croatia's history, beauty, and its people. I felt so lucky. Jet lagged as I was, Max was a wonderful travel companion. Patient and personable, he provided history, context, and anecdotes as we made our way to Zagreb. I knew I would enjoy the next two days exploring with him.

The trip to Slovenia was awesome. En route, we stopped at Vintgar Gorge and did an easy one-hour hike. It was beautiful! The air was so pure, and the water was every possible shade of blue/green. Next, we visited Lake Bled, took in the view, and stopped for the famous creme cake (delicious!!) Finally, we toured Ljubljana--both on foot and from above, atop the Ljubljana Castle. What a great city!! At the end of the day, we stopped at a local restaurant for some traditional Slovenian cuisine. Max had great recommendations, as always.

On my final day in Zagreb, Max picked me up at the hotel and we set out for Plitvice Lakes. Before exploring the park, we stopped at a watermill village (Rastoke) and visited a farm where we enjoyed a phenomenal organic breakfast. Words cannot fully describe this meal--eggs, cheese, meats, fruit. So fresh, just delicious. I am still dreaming about that red pepper concoction...:) The park itself was beautiful and would be a different experience each season, I'm sure. Take your time and just soak it up. Max gave me ample time to explore (and take my thousands of pictures!) and we set a time to meet at a hotel at the park exit.

Max made everything so easy, and he has a real passion and talent for sharing Croatia (and its neighboring countries) with newcomers. My initial hesitation about a private tour is a distant memory. I will never do a group tour ever again!!

Max, thank you SO MUCH for making this such a special trip for me. I absolutely fell in love with Croatia and experienced it in a way that would not have been possible under any other circumstances. I can't wait to return so I can cover the rest of the country with you!

7  Thank MLE_1975
Dubravko F, Manager at DestinaTour, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2016

Dear Michelle, thank you for this beautiful words. You are welcome to Croatia any time and it will be my pleasure (again) to show you even more of Croatia. I'm glad that you accepted all my suggestions... all the way from Budapest to Zagreb and on our day trips to Slovenia and on Plitvice lakes. Glad to hear that your hesitations about a private tour are a distant memory. Your beautiful words speak for them self. The Private tour should be like that: your friend shows you the best of the country, taking care of you and your points of interests.
Thank you once again for your time and for such a great review. Your happiness and excitement about the Tour make me really happy.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 8, 2016

What an amazing day we had with Max! He picked us up at our hotel in Ljubljana and took us to visit Postonja Caves and Castle before taking us to the doorstep of our hotel in Bled. We were able to maximize our sightseeing and have hassle free transport at the same time. In addition, we learned lots of interesting historical information about Croatia and Slovenia. An unexpected bonus was a stop in Radovljica for a late lunch. We toured the quaint mid-evil town and ate at Lectar Restaurant, a family run restaurant and hotel. The food was amazing and we received a personal tour from the owner. If you visit the 500-year-old restaurant, make sure to visit the living museum in the basement where you can see the traditional preparation of ginger bread. Max's communication before the tour was timely and very informative. I have to find a way to come back and visit Plitvice Lakes as I have fallen in love with it just from Max's description and photos..I highly recommend Max. You won't be disappointed.

7  Thank Sandra D

Thank you for your great review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your tour. There are so many awesome places in Croatia (and in Slovenia, as well)! I'm really looking forward to sharing with you more about Croatia on your next visit. You're welcome!
All the best and greetings from
your guide Max