Hotel Tragos
Hotel Pasike(Trogir)
  • Restaurant
Villa Stil(Okrug Gornji)
View Hotel
All reviewslovely positionno liftold townsplit airportpark your carfamily ownedsmall hotelcouple of nightsfirst floorheartcroatiabridgeluggagecathedralacmeters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was worried when I read the reviews on Trip Advisor about staying at the Tragos. I can't comment on the rooms in the main hotel, as I was in the annex but I can say that (i) it was a great experience staying in the heart of Trogir, which is a wonderful town; (ii) the rooms in the annex were clean and tidy; (iii) service was friendly. I only stayed one night and would have happily stayed another night or two in order to fully appreciate the town and surrounding area. On the down side, the annex may be very noisy in the height of the summer as it faces one of the smaller town squares.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I would recommend the hotel especially for the excellent location and the friendly atmosphere.
Trogir is beautiful and the hotel is in my favourite part in the old town. The room was cosy and the breakfast in the sunshine was a great start of the day.
Perfect place for couples and it's close to have a trip to Split, too.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2010

This was our worst hotel experience during our 3 1/2 week trip in the Balkans. The hotel is dark and has 2 or 3 beds in each room. One of group's rooms had a cracked toilet seat; our bathroom sink had no stopper (and management could not locate one for us), which made washing out clothes difficult.
Like most old towns, you need to park outside the town. To get our bags for the 6 of us, we had to wait an hour for a man with cart who we had to pay. The worst thing about the hotel was its utter lack of service. The guy at the front desk was unfriendly and unhelpful.
The inclujded breakfast was not very good, either.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank Quarterdeck
Reviewed November 15, 2009

The Hotel was located in the heart of Trogir amongst the warren of its small streets. Our room was a reasonable size but basic. The en suite was small and only had a shower. The air-con in our room was not very affective, even though we had been told that it was working fine. For the breakfast there was no buffet, it was a continental served to you at your table, small quantities and basic. The staff were friendly and very helpful.
Although in the centre of Trogir and in an old historic house, we didn’t think it warranted the price.
Over all, if you want to be in the centre and in walking distance of all sites and restaurants, the hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JCD_05
Reviewed November 4, 2009

The Hotel Tragos is a 3 star property and located in the center of the pedestrian only UNESCO center of Trogir. We stayed 2 nights in Trogir and used it as a base to visit Split for the day. Trogir is a delightful historical medieval town. For us it is always important to stay in the historical area rather than a hotel on the outskirts of town. With that said, hotels are typically a little more pricey because of this. I thought the room rate might be a little high at Hotel Tragos given that our room was very simple. However I understand the hotel business and the fact that hotels charge more for location.

The room has furniture similar to Ikea but it is functional and the room is clean. I did like the stone wall in the room which added character. We could have used more counter space but one has to adapt when travelling.

Parking is paid for by the hotel. Again and I noted this on my review of my hotel in Rovinj, Hotel Tragos should inform guests of the process of parking with a car. We arrived in Trogir and tried to phone the hotel but there was no answer. Because of our experience in Rovinj I suggested we park in the lot that is across the bridge just outside the old town and at the arched entrance into the pedestrian quarter. My thoughts were that once we found the hotel we would then figure out how they provide parking for us. It's simple once you know the process as the hotel stamps the parking ticket and you have free parking. Management should seriously consider adding this information to their web site. I also mapped the hotel on Via Michelin and it was very accurate. Once we entered the main arched gate from the parking lot the hotel was quite easy to located in the narrow pedestrian lanes.

Breakfast was adequate but again very simple. It was however very charming having breakfast in the outdoor stone walled and vine covered courtyard.

Our bed was like sleeping on a concrete floor. It was hard. The bathroom was clean and there was a shower but no hook?? We often wonder why this is in European lodging. Another small issue was that again, the hotel had shut off the A/C. We had just left Zadar where it had been raining and cool. However the next day was much warmer when we checked into the Hotel Tragos. The staff had turned off the A/C and the rooms were warm. A few different guests inquired as to how to make the A/C work and thankfully management turned it back on. The room temperature was comfortable with the A/C and the noise was kept out at night with shutters. Had the bed been more comfortable we would have slept well here as the shutters also provide a black out effect.

There are many cafes and restaurants in Trogir and we very much enjoyed drinks along the marina while watching boats come and go. Trogir was an excellent choice to spend a couple of nights.

The Hotel Tragos was an o.k. choice and there are not many other options to choose from if you are adamant about staying in the historical old town. Therefore, I would recommend the hotel for its location.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple